Photo

Iron man Extremis vs Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#81 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

You have yet again to find concrete evidence that BB can duplicate magical energies. Your theories sound halfwinded and desperate.

"Red energy or whatever causes them to burst through a GL shield" I didn't know exactly what it was, so I was just throwing stuff out there, I never said explicitly that the Red energy is what causes a scarab to break through a gL shield.

i don't have to prove that he uses Magical Energy. that would only be the case if Magic was Iron Mans only weakness.

what i posted in my last post, was how the Scarab will easily make a blast that takes Iron Man down, ie. by adapting to his weaknesses.

and they are not theories, that is actually how the Scarabs 'Antagonist Adaption' works. its how it could replicate Kryptonite energy without ever having encountered Kryptonite, among other things.

#82 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

i don't have to prove that he uses Magical Energy. that would only be the case if Magic was Iron Mans only weakness.

OK then, what are some of his other weaknesses?

Ima review the stats one more time here.

Durability- Iron Man
Energy Projection- Iron Man
Speed- Iron Man
Strength- Iron Man
Fighting Skill- Iron Man
Intelligence- Iron Man

This is the only debate I've been in when there is an argument for a character who is outmatched in all 6 aspects of combat.

#83 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

He means specific weaknesses. Are you going to say that that there is absolutely zero attacks that do not do specifically well against Iron Man?

#84 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

OK then, what are some of his other weaknesses?

first, going through the shields: BB can easily do this in 1 of 2 ways.

1. since the ehields are energy within a certain frequency, it's a simple matter of creating a blast of a frequency that bypasses that of IMs shields.

2. send out a pulse that shuts down the armor.

next, going through the physical armor: BB can do this quite easily as well using one of a few methods.

1. frequency/phasing, a blast that bypasses the molecular structure of the armor while hitting the man under it. just a matter of scanning him to find the structure of the armor.

2. electricity, once the armor is shut down, IM can't absorb energy, which means that an electrical blast is likely to fry the person IN the armor.

3. tachyon blast, using this BB has bypassed armor in the past, and can knock Tony unconscious, which would give BB the win just as well as Tony being dead would.

and before you start saying that 'the shields isn't made of specific frequencies', yes it is. all the energy that Iron Man uses is electromagnetic energy, just like all other energy used on earth. that means that it does have a certain frequency, which can be bypassed.

#85 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Another weakness; extremely powerful viruses as seen in Secret Invasion. Which have shown to completly shut down the Extremis armor.

#86 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

first, going through the shields: BB can easily do this in 1 of 2 ways.

1. since the ehields are energy within a certain frequency, it's a simple matter of creating a blast of a frequency that bypasses that of IMs shields.

2. send out a pulse that shuts down the armor.

next, going through the physical armor: BB can do this quite easily as well using one of a few methods.

1. frequency/phasing, a blast that bypasses the molecular structure of the armor while hitting the man under it. just a matter of scanning him to find the structure of the armor.

2. electricity, once the armor is shut down, IM can't absorb energy, which means that an electrical blast is likely to fry the person IN the armor.

3. tachyon blast, using this BB has bypassed armor in the past, and can knock Tony unconscious, which would give BB the win just as well as Tony being dead would.

and before you start saying that 'the shields isn't made of specific frequencies', yes it is. all the energy that Iron Man uses is electromagnetic energy, just like all other energy used on earth. that means that it does have a certain frequency, which can be bypassed.

All energy on earth is electromagnetic energy? Wow. And you said I need to revisit my physics class.

What the hell are you talking about? Frequency deals with waves, Iron Man's energy sheilds aren't made of freaking radio waves or gamma waves or something, thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Even if what you're saying is plausible, which it isn'ty, comic books are not rooted in science, so unless you find prove of Iron Man's shields being made up of "different frequencies" its still invalid.

As shown in Director of SHIELD, even when someone posseses the exact frequency and exact circuitry of the armor, and designs a specific EMP charge to shut it down, the armor only stays down for a few seconds before rebooting.

#87 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Someone said viruses. BB uses a mutagenic ray to turn Tony's white blood cells into a malicious virus. the end

#88 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Ok, so BB, using his adaption powers, can defeat anyone. Ok, fine, conceded.

#89 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Never said I was too fond of the ability, and without it Iron man would probably win, but it exists and was not outlawed, so it takes the win

#90 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

What I ment was A computer virus that infected the Extremis armor not a cold type virus.

#91 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

All energy on earth is electromagnetic energy? Wow. And you said I need to revisit my physics class.

What the hell are you talking about? Frequency deals with waves, Iron Man's energy sheilds aren't made of freaking radio waves or gamma waves or something, thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Even if what you're saying is plausible, which it isn'ty, comic books are not rooted in science, so unless you find prove of Iron Man's shields being made up of "different frequencies" its still invalid.

As shown in Director of SHIELD, even when someone posseses the exact frequency and exact circuitry of the armor, and designs a specific EMP charge to shut it down, the armor only stays down for a few seconds before rebooting.

i said all the energy used on earth. and that is electro-magnetic, yes.

and yes, all electro-magnetic energy is waves.

if you didn't know this, then yes, you need to revisit some physics classes.

as for proof, the best proof lies in the descriptions of Iron Mans powers themselves, all of his energy measurements(the power output for his ehields, repulsors, etc.) are measured in Watts and Joules, which are terms of measurement used for Electrical and Electro-Magnetic energy.

the only attacks Iron Man has that are not measured that way, are those that use physical means, like missiles, projectiles and Plasma.

#92 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

i said all the energy used on earth. and that is electro-magnetic, yes.

and yes, all electro-magnetic energy is waves.

if you didn't know this, then yes, you need to revisit some physics classes.

as for proof, the best proof lies in the descriptions of Iron Mans powers themselves, all of his energy measurements(the power output for his ehields, repulsors, etc.) are measured in Watts and Joules, which are terms of measurement used for Electrical and Electro-Magnetic energy.

the only attacks Iron Man has that are not measured that way, are those that use physical means, like missiles, projectiles and Plasma.

Wow, gonna have to dig back to 7th grade for this. Electrical energy is the flow of electrons, thats the energy you're talking about, as that's the energy used by Earth's denizens. It has NOTHING to do with WAVES or frequency. Watts is amps times voltage, that has nothing to do with waves, nothing to do with EM energy. Waves dont have amps OR voltage. Joule is not an EM unit either, it can be, but its a general unit for all kinds of energy. This is such a simple concept, one that you should have learned in middle school, waves =/= electricity. Waves deal with frequency, wave length, period, and joule, those are the units for EM radiation. Damn.

#93 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Wow, gonna have to dig back to 7th grade for this. Electrical energy is the flow of electrons, thats the energy you're talking about, as that's the energy used by Earth's denizens. It has NOTHING to do with WAVES or frequency. Watts is amps times voltage, that has nothing to do with waves, nothing to do with EM energy. Waves dont have amps OR voltage. Joule is not an EM unit either, it can be, but its a general unit for all kinds of energy. This is such a simple concept, one that you should have learned in middle school, waves =/= electricity. Waves deal with frequency, wave length, period, and joule, those are the units for EM radiation. Damn.

"Definition

* In terms of Classical mechanics, one watt is the rate at which work is done when an object's velocity is held constant at one meter per second against constant opposing force of one newton.

\mathrm{W = \frac{J}{s} = \frac{N\cdot m}{s} = \frac{kg\cdot m^2}{s^3}}

* In terms of electromagnetism, one watt is the rate at which work is done when one ampere (A) of current flows through an electrical potential difference of one volt (V).

W = VA
"

#94 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

Holy Shit... this is still going on even though Echo has conceded the fight?

Also... All Energy is Waves, all energy has a Wavelength.

Those Electrons traveling through a wire? They have a Wavelength.

Hell... Even matter has a Wavelength as shown by the de Broglie wave demonstration.

The Whole Universe is just a Frequency on a string. Everything is a wave.

#95 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

" * In terms of electromagnetism, one watt is the rate at which work is done when one ampere (A) of current flows through an electrical potential difference of one volt (V).

W = VA
"

Which is what I just said....

#96 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hell... Even matter has a Wavelength as shown by the de Broglie wave demonstration.

The magnetic field the current produces has a frequency, AC has a frequency determining how often the current switches over, as shown by a sine wave, but electrons travelling through a wire don't have wavelengths.

#97 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

LET'S DO THE WAVE!

On another note, interesting tidbit of information. o.o

#98 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

De Broglie didn't show that matter was made up of waves, he said that matter produces wave-like properties, and particle like properties. Its part of the Wave-particle duality model. Matter's kinetic energy manifests itself in wave properties, which have a frequency and wavelength. These things, however, are beyond the head of anyone on this site, so I suggest we leave this theory alone.

#99 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Ruinus and Skirmisher know lots about this.

#100 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Ruinus and Skirmisher know lots about this.

Anyone does by looking up a Wiki, but if Skirmisher and Ruinus can fully grasp this idea, they should be working for NASA instead of being on CBUB. (Thats sarcasm incase you didn't read it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users