159 replies to this topic

#41 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

Last time I go and edit people's posts that quote and repost pictures already posted in the same thread. Any future posts that I come across that do this will be deleted outright.

#42 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:10 AM

Uggh...I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. The infamous 'retcon punch':

Yeah, because Marvel hasn't done ANYTHING remotely like the retcon punch. Like, ever.

God damned Apple Mac...I mean, Marvel fans.

Also, this:

And people say that he can beat Thanos?

Madness.

Lolwut?

After reading that, all I can post is this:

Posted Image

Game. Set. Match.

#43 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

Squirrel Girl cannot be used as an example. She is a joke character.

#44 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

Squirrel Girl cannot be used as an example. She is a joke character.

And making Darkseid fall down some stairs isn't a joke plot item?

#45 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:15 AM

And making Darkseid fall down some stairs isn't a joke plot item?

Darkseid falling down stairs = his own fault i.e. he's fallible.

Squirrel Girl beating anyone = a joke i.e. you can't take it seriously as a low showing.

#46 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:21 AM

Darkseid falling down stairs = his own fault i.e. he's fallible.

Squirrel Girl beating anyone = a joke i.e. you can't take it seriously as a low showing.

"A joke"

Let me put that into the Marvel over DC reasons, awesome.

A joke, seriously? Even so, she was a comic character at some stage. Does that mean we can call Deadpool a joke for his "comic-awareness" and regular breaking of the fourth wall?

If you're going to say the retcon punch is "urgh" then Squirrel Girl's victory over Thanos is going to be bought into it.

#47 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

All this thread is doing is proving the "The Marvel guys jump you instead of DC" theory. And I e-jump people, accusing them of not reading comics. A lot of people on here don't use logic.

Loeb is not to comics as Bay is to movies.
Loeb wrote Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Batman/Superman, Civil War, and other quality comics, not to mention his work on Smallville.
Bay has done nothing of note except gotten Megan Fox onto the big screen.

#48 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

"A joke"

Let me put that into the Marvel over DC reasons, awesome.

A joke, seriously? Even so, she was a comic character at some stage. Does that mean we can call Deadpool a joke for his "comic-awareness" and regular breaking of the fourth wall?

If you're going to say the retcon punch is "urgh" then Squirrel Girl's victory over Thanos is going to be bought into it.

:huh:

Thanos losing to Squirrel Girl isn't embarrassing at all. Squirrel Girl's power is PIS. She's written as a joke character that can't lose.

Darkseid falling down stairs is pathetic, but it isn't PIS. Darkseid fell because he tripped. How is that PIS? Does Darkseid have an anti-tripping-down-stairs power? No. Therefore, it's not PIS.

Also, the 'retcon punch' is terrible for an entirely different reasons altogether: 1) Too many of the DC fandom actually site it as a legit feat i.e. "Superboy can punch reality" which is baloney and 2) It's terribly lazy writing on DC's part.

#49 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Sure. Let's just forget the fact that Rulk's identity hasn't even been explored past the sixth issue, thus Hulk has lost it's only plot. Now that plot has gotten lost in all the mindless action scenes, just like a Bay movie.

Loeb wrote Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Batman/Superman, Civil War, and other quality comics, not to mention his work on Smallville.

Those days are long gone. Loeb was in his prime when he wrote those, and then he probably cared about his writing in comics.

He gets payed a lot more for movies than comics, hence he lavishes more time upon his movie scripts.

His ealier work on films was much better than now...sorta like Loeb. :huh:

#50 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Also, the 'retcon punch' is terrible for an entirely different reasons altogether: 1) Too many of the DC fandom actually site it as a legit feat i.e. "Superboy can punch reality" which is baloney and 2) It's terribly lazy writing on DC's part.

Kinda makes me want to write SBP v 8th Day Juggs.

#51 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Last time I go and edit people's posts that quote and repost pictures already posted in the same thread. Any future posts that I come across that do this will be deleted outright.

:huh:

#52 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Kinda makes me want to write SBP v 8th Day Juggs.

Will it be a "reality punching" contest?

Because I really don't see Juggs keeping up with SBP...

#53 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Sure. Let's just forget the fact that Rulk's identity hasn't even been explored past the sixth issue, thus Hulk has lost it's only plot. Now that plot has gotten lost in all the mindless action scenes, just like a Bay movie.

Those days are long gone. Loeb was in his prime when he wrote those, and then he probably cared about his writing in comics.

He gets payed a lot more for movies than comics, hence he lavishes more time upon his movie scripts.

His ealier work on films was much better than now...sorta like Loeb. :huh:

If by long gone, you mean a year or so ago, then yes, they are long gone. Jeph Loeb hasn't done work on too many movies that I know of. And at least Loeb started with a plot. Bay didn't. At least, not in T2. Or T1.

#54 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

If by long gone, you mean a year or so ago, then yes, they are long gone. Jeph Loeb hasn't done work on too many movies that I know of. And at least Loeb started with a plot. Bay didn't. At least, not in T2. Or T1.

The main branch of Civil War was written by Mark Millar. Loeb mearly did the spinoffs. His Hush stuff seemed at least several years old, and his Superman/Batman work was entertaining, with more plot than Rulk stuff, but less than his Hush series.

Umm...T2, and T1? I think you're getting Bay confused with James Cameron. :huh:

EDIT: He also works on Heroes...

#55 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

The main branch of Civil War was written by Mark Millar. Loeb mearly did the spinoffs. His Hush stuff seemed at least several years old, and his Superman/Batman work was entertaining, with more plot than Rulk stuff, but less than his Hush series.

Umm...T2, and T1? I think you're getting Bay confused with James Cameron. :huh:

EDIT: He also works on Heroes...

I meant Transformers 1 and 2. I forgot that Terminators go by T1 and T2.

#56 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

I meant Transformers 1 and 2. I forgot that Terminators go by T1 and T2.

Oh...

#57 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:59 AM

Sorry to say again, but back off topic :huh: personally hes ok, not great, but not bad either(bay, not loeb,but I havent seen anything of his)

#58 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

Yeah, because Marvel hasn't done ANYTHING remotely like the retcon punch. Like, ever.

Marvel may have had a bump or two (One More Day), but DC and retcons are like peanut butter and jelly. They go hand in hand.

Besides, who has a "Crisis" every few years which bring back several dead characters?

After reading that, all I can post is this:

Posted Image

Game. Set. Match.

Squirrel Girl does that. She just does.

If you read the entire comic (from where you got that scan), you'll see that Thanos had gained the power to destroy the Universe, but was beaten by Squirrel Girl (off panel, of course).

How?

Because she's Squirrel Girl.

#59 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:52 AM

Squirrel Girl does that. She just does.

If you read the entire comic (from where you got that scan), you'll see that Thanos had gained the power to destroy the Universe, but was beaten by Squirrel Girl (off panel, of course).

How?

Because she's Squirrel Girl.

I for one fully accept that she could take on anyone and win. The bigger they are, the more humiliating it will be... So, no that would not be a worst feat ever for Thanos.

#60 Guest_Storm Scion_*

Guest_Storm Scion_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

All this thread is doing is proving the "The Marvel guys jump you instead of DC" theory. And I e-jump people, accusing them of not reading comics. A lot of people on here don't use logic.

I miss his work on smallville. This last season sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users