Photo

Boxers vs Wrestlers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Boxers vs Wrestlers (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Boxers (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Wrestlers (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Here it is.

People on the boxing side:

Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Rid(I use bad words) Bowe, Billy Conn, Oscar De La Hoya, James Bradock, Joe Frazier, Rocky Marciano, Sonny Liston

VS

Wrestling side:

Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Matt Hardy, Mick Foley, Chris Benoit, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Dude Love, Vince Mchanon

Crazy guy for boxing is Mike Tyson.

Crazy guy for wrestling is Chris Benoit.

Boxing Special Character: Rocky "The Italion Stallion" Balboa

Wrestling Special Character: Randy "The Ram" Robinson

They are all in thier primes.

LEEEETTTTTTT'SSSSS GEEETTTTT READYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOO RUUUUUUMBLEEEEEEEEE!

#2 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Wrestling is fake, Boxing isn't its clear who wins this...and badly.

#3 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Wrestling is fake, Boxing isn't its clear who wins this...and badly.

<_< You replied quickly.

#4 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

It didn't take a lot of thought.

#5 LegendX

LegendX

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

If this had been actual competition wrestlers like Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, etc. it would have been a contest.

#6 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Exactly but these are WWE wrestlers......don't forget Dan Gable and Bruce Baumgartner <_<

#7 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hulkamania can only get you so far.

And without any Mexican Wrestlers (El Santo would stomp), the Boxers take this.
Heck, Oscar De La Hoya (when he could fight) might solo. Rocky too.

#8 HulkSmash9

HulkSmash9

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

The problem here is that it depends if it is a wrestling fight or a boxing fight because if it is any one of these, than the team in that category will win. I still going with boxers though, they probably would be able to survive more punishment than a wrestler. I used to take "fake" WWE type wrestling classes in a club, and before I quit because it was all set-up and fake and everything, I found that wrestling can hurt, with all the slamming and throws, but all in all it is just completely set-up.
So I'm going with the boxers on this one.

#9 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

It's kinda a mix. The boxers have their boxing gloves, and they fight how they would noramlly fight. The wrestlers do the same. They're are fighting in a normal ring.

#10 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

Going by WWE laws of physics, nothing can defeat a face in the final match of a rivalry. Seeing as Hulk Hogan is the king of all faces, he cannot lose.

#11 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Normally I would agree that the "fake" wreslters would lose. However, you put Chris Benoit in there.

Pro wreslting wasn't always fake. For those of you that don't know, hookers were the guys that enforced the boundaries of a regional promotion, back when there were regional promotions. The two hookers would climb in the ring and have a "shoot" match. The guy who could walk out enlarged his promotion's boundaries, thus increasing the money in everyone's pockets. Chris was trained as a hooker. If you put Chris in a ring and told him to shoot, people would be broken, and quickly. The others would be able to take enough damage for Chris to get to each of the boxers in turn. Especially since you put two versions of that crazy SOB Foley in there. His pain tolerance is enormous.

#12 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Normally I would agree that the "fake" wreslters would lose. However, you put Chris Benoit in there.

Pro wreslting wasn't always fake. For those of you that don't know, hookers were the guys that enforced the boundaries of a regional promotion, back when there were regional promotions. The two hookers would climb in the ring and have a "shoot" match. The guy who could walk out enlarged his promotion's boundaries, thus increasing the money in everyone's pockets. Chris was trained as a hooker. If you put Chris in a ring and told him to shoot, people would be broken, and quickly.

Interesting, fun fact.

Especially since you put two versions of that crazy SOB Foley in there. His pain tolerance is enormous.

Yes, off the charts.

Agreed on all accounts. Adding, that while wrestling moves, holds, slams, etc. are staged, these are still trained professional athletes (steroids and all). Plus the height and weight advantage goes to them. To win, they'd have to out and out brawl, as the faked moves wouldn't help.. And look at the boxers. They are trained to attack, defend, and evade certain types of the same. So while these specific boxer's skills are of the best, ever. In an all out slugfest, the giant, steroid driven, body throwing, madmen should take this.

#13 LegendX

LegendX

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

I'd never dream of taking anything away from wrestlers. Though the outcomes may be pre-determined, but, the toll the action takes on their bodies is very real. It's sad they don't get more credit for the hell they put themselves thru day to day just to entertain the fans.
The strength and durability depts would go mostly go to the wrestlers, but, I don't think that'll cut it. The simple reason being that, in all honesty, 9 times outta 10 even a pro wrestler is gonna start swinging in a legit fight, when not in costume, in a ring. In a striking match the wrestlers are out classed, half get KO'd before the rest start to change tactics.
Too bad at this point they're outnumbered 2:1. The wrestlers all attempt to take down a boxer each, most are quickly sucker punched by their targets allies.A couple manage to get a brief one on one, possibly even take out their opponent, but, are quicky subdued by a flurry of registered deadly weapons.

#14 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

while wrestling moves, holds, slams, etc. are staged, these are still trained professional athletes (steroids and all). Plus the height and weight advantage goes to them. To win, they'd have to out and out brawl, as the faked moves wouldn't help.. And look at the boxers. They are trained to attack, defend, and evade certain types of the same. So while these specific boxer's skills are of the best, ever. In an all out slugfest, the giant, steroid driven, body throwing, madmen should take this.

Yes.. I said that. The wrestlers should take this. Now let's see how things can pan out.
Ok, first the Heavyweights. Let's stack boxers Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Riddick Bowe, and Joe Frazier against wrestlers Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, Dusty Rhodes. Hmmm, speed goes to the boxers by virtue of Ali and Tyson alone. Of the wrestlers only the Rock has any speed so he takes Bowe down. Frazier rocks Rhodes. Hogan and Austin get demolished by Tyson and Ali. Boxers 3 Wrestler 1. Still leaving Foreman in the wings.
Next Billy Conn, James Bradock against Dude Love,Mick Foley, and Chris Benoit. Conn and Baraddock go down to Benoit and Folet due to sheen tenacity and durability, respectively. B 3 W 3 With Dude Love yet unused. That leaves Oscar De La Hoya, Rocky Marciano, and Sonny Liston vs Ric Flair, Vince Mchanon, Matt Hardy. Easily Flair, McMahon, and Hardy bite the dust. B 6 W 3. Even if Dude Love was crazy enough to take Foreman, he'd end up on George Foreman's grill before it was over and done with. Boxers 7 Wrestlers 3. Wow, I wish I'd done this earler.
Like I said, the boxers take this, easy...<_<

#15 The Hulkster

The Hulkster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:The Incredible Hulk Hogan!!!!!!!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

Brothers, the wrestlers are gonna' take this easily! With that crazy-ass Benoit and Foley we'll kick some ass! Let's not forget "Stone Cold" Steve Austin! We also got me the spirit of Hulkamaniam, Hulk Hogan! Especcially if we can only use our rules and they can only use theirs.

Sure Balboa beat me, but he was supposed to in the movie. I was beating him till he took his gloves off which he can't do here. I think me and my team easily win brothers!

#16 Showzilla

Showzilla

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

depends, The boxers actually fight, but those ringe moves can deliver massive damage to peopel. Me and my cousins tried it out two weeks ago, when I choke slammed him onto the front lawn he bounced like ball and was knocked unconscience for half an hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users