87 replies to this topic

#21 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

Winter Blast: It insta freezes people with just a gust of ice, and locks up those drones.

BTW I never said Jack would kill the MC, just that he could kill both Shepard and Marcus with Incinerate.

No way. Fenix maybe, but not Shepard. Shepard contends with the Mass Effect power Incinerate. And it consists of a high-intensity "fireball" that is actually plasma. He also takes quick bursts from flamethrowers, as well as occasional hits from DEWs. The ablative armor will make incinerate look silly.

#22 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

No way. Fenix maybe, but not Shepard. Shepard contends with the Mass Effect power Incinerate. And it consists of a high-intensity "fireball" that is actually plasma. He also takes quick bursts from flamethrowers, as well as occasional hits from DEWs. The ablative armor will make incinerate look silly.

What move is plasma? BTW those are all game mechanics, since the flamethrower kills you almost instantly, and even the Collector weapons kill you fast in Insane.

Which is odd, because plasmids are purely game mechanics, since there is no Bioshock novels as far as I know.

#23 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

What move is plasma? BTW those are all game mechanics, since the flamethrower kills you almost instantly, and even the Collector weapons kill you fast in Insane.

Which is odd, because plasmids are purely game mechanics, since there is no Bioshock novels as far as I know.

http://masseffect.wi...wiki/Incinerate

"It is a high-explosive plasma round fired from the user's omni-tool that inflicts damage over time to all nearby enemies and permanently stops their health regeneration."

Heavy incinerate sounds even more dangerous: "This advanced plasma round melts or burns nearly anything it hits."

Yeah, Jack's plasmids will be nothing new to Shepard. If his ablative armor can take the above, I think it will tank Ryan's incinerate long enough for Shepard to fill him full of holes.

#24 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

Remember, Jack has a rifle too, he can multi-task shooting off rounds and using Plasmids at the same time. Just because Jack has plasmids dosen't mean hes a complete dumbass with the rifle.

#25 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

Remember, Jack has a rifle too, he can multi-task shooting off rounds and using Plasmids at the same time. Just because Jack has plasmids dosen't mean hes a complete dumbass with the rifle.

Fair point, but unless I'm wrong, isn't he just a normal guy prior to getting to Rapture? No combat training or experience to speak of. Then again, my experience with Bioshock is limited.

#26 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

http://masseffect.wi...wiki/Incinerate

"It is a high-explosive plasma round fired from the user's omni-tool that inflicts damage over time to all nearby enemies and permanently stops their health regeneration."

Heavy incinerate sounds even more dangerous: "This advanced plasma round melts or burns nearly anything it hits."

Yeah, Jack's plasmids will be nothing new to Shepard. If his ablative armor can take the above, I think it will tank Ryan's incinerate long enough for Shepard to fill him full of holes.

Yes, but those are rounds that travel to the target and are only used via omni-tool. Jack's Incinerate is basically him snapping his fingers and stuff catches fire. Shepard has experience fighting people shooting out fireballs from their omni-tools and taking cover, he doesn't have experience with suddenly bursting into flames.

#27 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

Yes, but those are rounds that travel to the target and are only used via omni-tool. Jack's Incinerate is basically him snapping his fingers and stuff catches fire. Shepard has experience fighting people shooting out fireballs from their omni-tools and taking cover, he doesn't have experience with suddenly bursting into flames.

Alright, I'll even concede that the delivery system for plasmids is more effective. It's not so much a question of that as temperature. You don't need me to tell you that a high-explosive plasma round will cause a lot more damage and burn a lot hotter than some simple pyrokinesis.

#28 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Alright, I'll even concede that the delivery system for plasmids is more effective. It's not so much a question of that as temperature. You don't need me to tell you that a high-explosive plasma round will cause a lot more damage and burn a lot hotter than some simple pyrokinesis.

Sure, the ME Incinerate might burn hotter, but Jack can keep spamming his Incinerate as fast as he can snap his fingers, from a concealed position, and also set fire to the entire forest. Plus, Shepard might die faster depending on his helmet: if he has one on or not.

#29 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

What if I change the match type from Free-for-All to survival? Three people search for the fourth person, the fourth person has to stay alive for 1 week. Which chars can do it and which chars can't?

If I was Jack I would find a ditch somewhere and lay it with electro traps, and knowing two of the people searching for him have radar, keep absolutely still.

#30 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

Sure, the ME Incinerate might burn hotter, but Jack can keep spamming his Incinerate as fast as he can snap his fingers, from a concealed position, and also set fire to the entire forest. Plus, Shepard might die faster depending on his helmet: if he has one on or not.

Untrue. You need EVO to use plasmids, which honestly limits a lot of what Jack can do in this situation, since He has to conserve as much energy as possible

#31 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

Untrue. You need EVO to use plasmids, which honestly limits a lot of what Jack can do in this situation, since He has to conserve as much energy as possible

*EVE

#32 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

:D you get the idea though

#33 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

As far as I can tell MC easily wins this through abilities, and experience. While yes Fenix and Shepard are experienced, not to the caliber of MC. I dont know much about Ryan but Fire and wind wont really work. The electricity might and thats a big might short circut the shields of MC but Ryan would be blown away in the mean time. In all forms I see MC winning.

#34 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

How bout ryan with all tonics maxed out? Would an engineering tonic be able to crack MC's suit? What if Hypnotize Big Daddy worked on MC? That would be amazing.

#35 Steel

Steel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

How bout ryan with all tonics maxed out? Would an engineering tonic be able to crack MC's suit? What if Hypnotize Big Daddy worked on MC? That would be amazing.

Are you serious guys? How does Ryan not win? He has incinerate, which is line of sight (meaning it cannot be dodged), he has Freeze blast (which also line of sight), he has the Armored shell Tonic which grants him a degree of bulletproofness, I could go on and on.

#36 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Are you serious guys? How does Ryan not win? He has incinerate, which is line of sight (meaning it cannot be dodged), he has Freeze blast (which also line of sight), he has the Armored shell Tonic which grants him a degree of bulletproofness, I could go on and on.

Did you even READ the last few posts? It doesn't matter if it's line of sight. So are the tech and biotic powers that Shepard goes up against. Hell, some of those biotics can loop around corners. And he's limited by the amount of Eve he has.

And I doubt that incinerate and freeze blast have anything on Mass Effect's incinerate and cryo shock.

#37 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Did you even READ the last few posts? It doesn't matter if it's line of sight. So are the tech and biotic powers that Shepard goes up against. Hell, some of those biotics can loop around corners. And he's limited by the amount of Eve he has.

And I doubt that incinerate and freeze blast have anything on Mass Effect's incinerate and cryo shock.

What he means by line of sight is that the target instantly lights on fire or freezes with a snap of his fingers there is no projection, and if he snaps his fingers again, the flame increases in intensity. Also, you have no evidence that Bioshocks powers are weaker than ME's.

#38 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

What he means by line of sight is that the target instantly lights on fire or freezes with a snap of his fingers there is no projection, and if he snaps his fingers again, the flame increases in intensity. Also, you have no evidence that Bioshocks powers are weaker than ME's.

Other than the fact that, you know, the fire from Bioshock's incinerate is just that -- fire. The incinerate that Shepard goes up against on a regular basis is a high-intensity ball of plasma that is capable of burning through armor.

And again, Mass Effect powers often work in a similar manner. I don't know why you guys think Ryan is going to win this fight with a snap of his fingers. He won't.

#39 Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Jack Ryan is left wondering what the hell a "Bioshock" is supposed to be and why he of all people is fighting Master Chief.

As he tries to radio in Admiral James Greer and DCI William Cabot for help, Master Chief blows him apart with his futuristic guns.

#40 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Other than the fact that, you know, the fire from Bioshock's incinerate is just that -- fire. The incinerate that Shepard goes up against on a regular basis is a high-intensity ball of plasma that is capable of burning through armor.

And again, Mass Effect powers often work in a similar manner. I don't know why you guys think Ryan is going to win this fight with a snap of his fingers. He won't.

Yeah, but every time he snaps his fingers, the flames get hotter. And hotter. And hotter. Plus he has Freeze blast to instantly freeze Shepard. Also, even if the flames aren't hot enough to o significant damage, I seriously doubt that you can fight normally when you're on fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users