#1 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

Jack Ryan (main protagonist of Bioshock) vs. MC. Jack has all of his plasmids. Both have the same Assault Rifle and a SMG.

#2 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Wait, I've decided to make this even cooler.

Jack Ryan (all Plasmids) vs. Master Cheif vs. Commander Shepard vs. Marcus Fenix

All combatants have a Lancer and a HALO smg.

#3 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Sooooooo much stomp by chief. so much. I the spirit of fairness, I'm assuming that Chief is not in his suit. He's still too fast, too strong, and too smart for Jack. The only way I see Jack winning this is if this takes place on rapture someplace near the end of Bioshock one, and he guides him through the more dangerous parts of the city to weaken him first

#4 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Sooooooo much stomp by chief. so much. I the spirit of fairness, I'm assuming that Chief is not in his suit. He's still too fast, too strong, and too smart for Jack. The only way I see Jack winning this is if this takes place on rapture someplace near the end of Bioshock one, and he guides him through the more dangerous parts of the city to weaken him first

Remember, Jack has all of his plasmids. And I modified the match, it now includes more people.

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

Ok... yeah, Jacks still dead...

The listing would go like this

1) Master Chief
2) Commander Shepard
3) Marcus Fenix
4) Jack Ryan...

#6 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

Ok... yeah, Jacks still dead...

The listing would go like this

1) Master Chief
2) Commander Shepard
3) Marcus Fenix
4) Jack Ryan...

You put MC first? This blows my mind.

Are you kidding? Fire, telekinesis, mobile traps, electric frying of the Mjolnir suit, this is in no way a stomp.

#7 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Incinerate is line of sight. Jack could conceivably stand back and cause Marcus and Shepard to burst into flames. MC wins anyway, but Jack could probably come in second.

#8 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, what's to stop Master Chief from shooting Jack up with the SMG?

#9 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Now that I think about how many plasmids available I think I made this match a little too much in favor of Ryan. Look, he can fling Mc with a cyclone, short circuit with electricity, hypnotize him, enrage him and make him attack everyone else, freeze him in midair, and if Houdini is cannon (its a multiplayer plasmid), it can enable Jack to turn invisible.

#10 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, what's to stop Master Chief from shooting Jack up with the SMG?

Its not a straight "lets stand in the open and gun eatchother and sees which person dies first" kind of match. Its like a paintball match, each player is in a different area, noone knows where everyone else is, theres plenty of cover, lots of oppurtunity for high ranged attacks, etc.

#11 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Mh... Radar for Master Chief and Shepard.

#12 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Mh... Radar for Master Chief and Shepard.

Ok, this might have been easier if I wrote a setup, but I couldn't think of anything.

In a forest, these four people, aware of each other (in other words they know people are out to kill them), are put in four seperate corners. The forest is mostly thick brush with some ditches, but there is a clearing in the middle with a hill, the hill has some cover at the top. All four guys know this. All four guys know capabilities of eachother,(MC sheild, Shepard radar, Jack plasmids, Fenix bot and servo powered bulletproof suit). Not saying this changes the outcome, just giving you guys battle bg. If I was Fenix, I, knowing 2 others have radar, would head for the hill in the middle. Being Jack Ryan, I would hide in one of the ditches and use my trap-thingys to sorround my hiding space.

#13 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

I'd say it's Master Chief/Shepard at the top (see the thread for those two).

Fenix vs. Ryan... hard to say. Fenix has training and experience, as well as his suit. So it would depend on Jack overwhelming him with plasmids before Fenix tears him up.

If Fenix moves on, he's going to get taken down. Chief has loads more training than he does, not to mention his augmentations, shielding, and armor. He just can't compete. The same thing can be said with Shepard.

Ryan would be a little more tricky, just because of his plasmids. These might baffle the Chief at first, but I don't think they're enough to win out over all of MC's advantages. They wouldn't catch Shep off guard at all, since he's seen similar abilities from tech (incinerate, overload, neural shock, cryo shock) and biotic (telekinesis) powers. I haven't seen anything to imply plasmids are all that superior to such abilities.

So, I think it's a toss-up between Shepard and Chief for the win. I may actually give Chief a slight advantage here because he would be more familiar with the weapons allowed, and the environment plays to his strengths.

#14 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:57 AM

I'd say it's Master Chief/Shepard at the top (see the thread for those two).

Fenix vs. Ryan... hard to say. Fenix has training and experience, as well as his suit. So it would depend on Jack overwhelming him with plasmids before Fenix tears him up.

If Fenix moves on, he's going to get taken down. Chief has loads more training than he does, not to mention his augmentations, shielding, and armor. He just can't compete. The same thing can be said with Shepard.

Ryan would be a little more tricky, just because of his plasmids. These might baffle the Chief at first, but I don't think they're enough to win out over all of MC's advantages. They wouldn't catch Shep off guard at all, since he's seen similar abilities from tech (incinerate, overload, neural shock, cryo shock) and biotic (telekinesis) powers. I haven't seen anything to imply plasmids are all that superior to such abilities.

So, I think it's a toss-up between Shepard and Chief for the win. I may actually give Chief a slight advantage here because he would be more familiar with the weapons allowed, and the environment plays to his strengths.

Fenix, from everything shown, has soooo much more experience in stealth ops, camo, etc. Marcus Fenix actually has human capabilities, and on certain occasions, is outnumbered as much as MC is. You need to look no further than the gameplay between the two games to see the differences. Halo= you run in the open and gun down everyone you see, beat the shit out of them, and perform obstentanious defense maneuvers. GOW= You use cover, inch along slowly, use stealth as a primary factor (especially when fighting a berserker), in Insane, if you stick you head out for more than three seconds your head gets instantly blown off. What im saying is, MC is an amped up soldier, Fenix is a commando. MC's radar is a major problem, but if fenix plays it smart, hell wait, watching from his hill, when MC is engaging someone.

Im not saying who wins, I'm saying that a firefigt is more than who can take more bullets, whos stronger, faster, etc. Like I said, the players are aware of the other people's capabilities, and none of these people are stupid.

#15 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Fenix, from everything shown, has soooo much more experience in stealth ops, camo, etc. Marcus Fenix actually has human capabilities, and on certain occasions, is outnumbered as much as MC is. You need to look no further than the gameplay between the two games to see the differences. Halo= you run in the open and gun down everyone you see, beat the shit out of them, and perform obstentanious defense maneuvers. GOW= You use cover, inch along slowly, use stealth as a primary factor (especially when fighting a berserker), in Insane, if you stick you head out for more than three seconds your head gets instantly blown off. What im saying is, MC is an amped up soldier, Fenix is a commando. MC's radar is a major problem, but if fenix plays it smart, hell wait, watching from his hill, when MC is engaging someone.

Im not saying who wins, I'm saying that a firefigt is more than who can take more bullets, whos stronger, faster, etc. Like I said, the players are aware of the other people's capabilities, and none of these people are stupid.

In the Halo games, if played on Legendary, you actually have to take cover because a few shots from a Grunt using a Plasma Pistol or anyone with a weapon downs your shields, and another shot from anyone/anywhere would most likely kill you. And this can occur within seconds as well.

And you actually can do stealth in Reach in one mission, somewhat, and even in combat. Granted that it was done by S3s, the same can be easily applied to S2s. There are no missions for stealth in Halo 3, I think, but I've actually sneaked up on enemies in game.

Besides, I believe Skirmisher's posted novel examples of Spartan 2s performing stealthy missions. They can be stealthy, its just depends on what Master Chief feels like doing. He likes to go head on into combat if the situation calls for it but if it calls for stealth, he will do it. Oh and if Master Chief knows their capabilities... Cortana will actually give him an idea of what to do next, in terms of planning, that's one thing over the rest here. That is if Master Chief has her in this fight.

I personally like all four characters but Jack would be at the bottom rung with Fenix third, Shepard second and John first, realistically.

#16 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, Spartans aren't just super-soldiers. They're commandos and often act like it. The games have given them an image as Rambo-like heroes, but the truth is they often do special ops-type missions rather than act as shock troopers.

I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge Marcus Fenix as an extremely talented soldier. But, at best, he's the equivalent to an ODST. A very good ODST, but still not a Spartan.

#17 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

So several snaps are heard as the forest turns into an inferno around everyone, Marcus and Shepard spontaneously combust and MC ends up killing Jack and wondering what the hell happened.

I wonder if Jack could freeze MC.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

Mh, wouldn't that depend on the power behind each attacks? I'd think the fire would have to be as hot as the flamethrower from Halo 3, the lighting shot would have to be at least as strong as a plasma pistol in terms of energy, and the ice thing, well, would it even have an effect? I don't see a use for the Cyclone power, which is one of the traps, would Master Chief even be lifted up into the air by that?

#19 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Winter Blast: It insta freezes people with just a gust of ice, and locks up those drones.

BTW I never said Jack would kill the MC, just that he could kill both Shepard and Marcus with Incinerate.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

Winter Blast: It insta freezes people with just a gust of ice, and locks up those drones.

BTW I never said Jack would kill the MC, just that he could kill both Shepard and Marcus with Incinerate.

I know what it does, I have the game, I'm just not sure if it could get past through the shields and affect the power armor itself.

I know that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users