Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Heh, "The Jesus Solution".

#42 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Heh, "The Jesus Solution".

What is so funny?

#43 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

What is so funny?

The name. Anyway, that's the idea I like best.

#44 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

What is so funny?

Yeah, what tomisntblue said. The name make sit sound like it's "God's Will" or something.

#45 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, what tomisntblue said. The name make sit sound like it's "God's Will" or something.

oh, I get it.

#46 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

smh

#47 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

CBUB UNITE!

Official Chat starts now.

#48 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Damned Websense... can't get on for another 45 minutes.

#49 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

Screw all of them. BOOKVERSE FTW.

This is the second day I missed a meeting. I've been too busy adding characters.

#50 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Screw all of them. BOOKVERSE FTW.

This is the second day I missed a meeting. I've been too busy adding characters.

I haven't been to the meeting either. But the bookverse does sound like a good idea

#51 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

The problem there is just how vague Bookverse is.

Yes, there are vague universes, but these are at least limited in some way. Bookverse is just... Everything that's been on printed paper?

#52 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:29 PM

HEY GUYZ WE SHOULD LIKEZ TOTALLY MAKE AN ANYTHING WRITTEN-VERSE! HUR HUR

Nah, but I think what they mean is just fiction and such (likely mostly sci-fi and fantasy).

#53 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Okay, we really cleared some things up tonight. We should be ready to start writing in a day or two. 

Now, before I move on, I need to know who can still write. As of right now, twenty guys have stated that they can, with four being on the sidelines. Well, if you've changed your mind, or don't have time to write a match or two, tell me now. The system we established is "tournament style", so each round must be completed for us to move onto the next. Also, being a League, each member is important. We're all together on this one. 

Here's our current roster: 

Confirmed Writers

Marvel Man
Hugo Fowl
Nesh
ND7
AVP vs Terminator
TheJ0ke
Force Echo
575david
Thetrekker
Darkender
Videogameman
Patrickthekid
Nova
Artemis
Skirmisher
SirMethos
g4hardcore
Tomisntblue
Red Blue Blur
Jesus###

Now, tell me whether you'll still be able to participate. Planning out the tournament is dependent on how many writers we have. Also, if you will only be able to write a match or two, tell me that too. I might ask some to step up and write a little bit more, so that information is important too. 

Unknown
Omega11
RakaiTwei
Vicecitymobster 
DarkrangerX

I have no idea if you guys are in the League, but don't plan on writing, here to give advice, or totally committed and ready to write. Like Mark Anthony said. I need to know. 

Now, onto what was said.

The League of Extraordinary CBUBers Spoke! Here's what they said:

Recap: As of right now, the votes for our last Universe point to Mass Effect. I doubt it'll change since so many have already voted, but anything can happen. Still, as of right now, I'll count it as the seventh universe.

Now, I'm about to explain the system that was decided upon, but before I do, I'd like to thank Treacherous, Tarvius, Jesus, Artemis, and everybody who's been over at the chat giving ideas. This system incorporates a lot of different suggestions, and although it's still open to debate, will most likely be what we use. 

Anyways, here's the two main topics. The story, and the mechanics. 

Note: When you see this: ~_~, it means the following sentence is totally up for debate, and open to suggestions. 

The Motivation: Like any good story, we need something to get the ball rolling. The votes clearly pointed at a clash of gods. 

~_~ These gods have come together, something they do every millennium, to test the strength of their Universes, and probably to win some money (omnipotent beings gamble too).

Question You Might Have: How will we choose deities?

Honestly, it'll be up to each writer. You'll get to decide which ones, although I might add one or two (Keep in mind that the deity should be powerful enough to pull strings in their Universe).

Anyways, the deities will battle one another through their pawns (the characters you pick). In this grand tournament, many will battle, but only one will win.

Also, in order to keep stomps from occurring, the matches themselves might not always be a straight up fight. Maybe it'll be a cook off? Or a game of jeopardy? 

The Plot: In a previous meeting, we decided on going by the votes. That means that there is no way to write a complicated story, since we don't know who will win yet. However, it should promote creativity, not limit us. We'll be making the story up as we go. 

Now onto mechanics. If you get lost, don't worry, I'll write an example at the bottom. 

The Universes:

As you know, we have seven Universes, and twenty writers. Each Universe then, shall be shared by three writers, except Mass Effect, who will only get two writers. 

Question You Might Have: How will we pick who gets what Universes?

Each member shall list the Universes in order from one to seven, with one being the Universe they would like to write the most, and seven being their least favorite one. We'll set them up to work like that. If, by some weird reason, there is a greater demand for one universe, I'll have to go by who posted on this first. That's why I posted this so late at night. Now, hurry and post your list!

And, that's it. Now, let me answer a few questions you might have, before I make my example. 

Question You Might Have: How many matches will each writer write?

Undecided. It'd be either one, or two. Those who have the time will help write the next matches. If there's a lot of people who don't feel like they'll be able to participate, we'll do one match (with 20 writers, that's 20 matches). If you guys want it, we'll do two matches for everyone. 

Question You Might Have: Does this mean other Universes are gone? Like the bookverse?!

~_~ No. If you get the DC Universe, but would also like to include the Lord of the Rings, you'd get to go for it. You'll just have to make a "the Lord of the Rings" vs "DC" match. Or, if you want to include Halo, you'd make a DC vs Halo match. Just as long as DC is involved. Remember though, this is a tournament organized by the gods. You'll have to make it fit that prompt.

Note: People that get the Videogame Universe would be allowed to use any videogame, like Halo.

If you have more questions, ask away, or come back to the chat at 8 Eastern time tomorrow. 

Now for the example. My fake CBUB League member will be called: SuperManWolverineGuy580

-----------------------Example-------------

So, my SuperManWolverineGuy580 just joined up, and wants to make sure he gets to write the Universes he wants. He makes his list. He really likes comics, so he puts those first. He also plays X-Box all the time, so he puts that next. He played Mass Effect a few times with his friends, so that's 4th. Next come movies, which he watches sometimes. Then cartoons, which he stopped watching a long time, and last Star Wars, which he never got into. It'd look like this:

1. Marvel
2. DC
3. Videogames
4. Mass Effect
6. Movies
6. Cartoons
7. Star Wars 

Well, lucky SuperManWolverineGuy580, he got Marvel. Now, since everyone wanted to write, he gets to make two matches all on his own, as long as he follows the prompt (Gods + Tournament).

His first match is Thor vs Hulk, cause, come on, who wouldn't want to see this go down? His set up's about something with the Asgard Pantheon participating, and sending Thor to fetch Hulk for the big Tournament. Misunderstanding, trash talk, and finally a fight. 

Now, SuperManWolverineGuy580 also likes Superman. But he didn't get DC? What to do?

Luckily for him, as long as Marvel's involved, he can do whatever he wants. So he writes, Superman vs Sentry, cause they're both almost equal. His set up might say something about Sentry getting summoned by a group of Celestials. They summon Supes as well, and send him on a rampage through New York. Sentry must now stop Superman. 

So, anyways, Thor wins the first match, and Sentry the second. The next match would be against the winners of a fellow writer's two matches. Still one on one though. So now, Thor, his winner, must battle the winner of Bookman's match, the Terminator. Ah man, that's uneven.

But wait! It's not a straight up fight. No. Instead, Thor and the Terminator must see who can lose their silly accent first! The old Norse god, or the European robot?!

*Repeat Cycle till Winner is Found*
*Add in story that will develop as the matches progress*

And boom, there it is. Questions or comments? Speak up. 

#54 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Unless something happens I'm going to be available.

here's my list.

1. Videogames
2. Cartoons
3. DC
4. Marvel
5. Movies
6. Star Wars
7. Mass Effect

#55 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

The Universes I want are:

1. Marvel
2. DC
3. Star Wars
4. Cartoons
5. Movies
6. Mass Effect
7. Videogames

#56 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

1. Cartoons
2. Movies
3. Video Games
4. Marvel
5. DC
6. Star Wars
7. Mass effect

There is my list.

#57 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

1.Marvel
2.DC
3.Cartoons
4.Movies
5.Video Games
6.Star Wars
7.Mass Effect

#58 thetrekker

thetrekker

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

1. Star Wars
2. Movies
3. Cartoons
4. Videogames
5. DC
6. Marvel
7. Mass Effect

As per everything else, sounds great. I'll try to get on tonight.

#59 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

Well I'm still available to write. Just Pm me when you need me. :D

#60 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

1:Marvel
2. Halo
3. DC
4. Movies
5. Half-Life? (IDK if thats allowed, though...)
6. Star Wars
7. Videogames

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users