• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#21 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Signing up... wait, my royal garments seem to be moth eaten... damn... I'll try anyway...

#22 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

First of all, I'm glad to see so many of you participating in this. It was a bit hectic tonight, but we established some basic guidelines. Still, this is far from done. However, the League has roared with life!

The Extraordinary League of CBUBers Spoke! Here's what they said.

Recap:
• The massive crossover between universes has been established. It will be driven by a "Scavenger-Hunt" type plot.
• The plot itself has not been decided.
• The items involved have not been decided. However, the one with the most support is this: A "Heart of the Universe". If you've played Kingdom Hearts, think of that. If you read comics, think about the JLA/Avengers crossover. Anyways, after the Omniversal Heart was shattered, the pieces fell on various Universes. The pieces shall shift the balance of power and change their respective universes. Alone, they are mighty. Together, they will be unstoppable! But who, shall obtain them?
• There was a vote, and the Marvel Universe was picked as the main universe. Here, the story will start. However, this will not limit the writers or the story.
• The characters involved have not been picked.
• The Universes have not been picked.

Information For Writers
It isn't official, but this is what was chosen for the writers.

• Each writer would have the freedom to write any match using any character from a Universe. These will be written as set ups. So the votes shall determine who wins, and what happens in the story.
Example: I might write from the DC Universe. There, the Heart of the Universe took the form of... Let's just say, it took the form of a little girl. Now the Sinestro Corps, Braniac, and Darkseid are all invading the Earth, looking for the girl. My match might be: Darkseid vs Braniac vs Sinestro Corps.
• After a match or two, where each writer has a little fun in their own little universe, the main story shall begin. Here, the crossovers will begin, as villains and heroes alike try to obtain the Hearts. What happens afterwards, is still undecided.
Example: The Heart of the Universe in Marvel, which, in this example will be a gold sword that belongs to Odin, falls into the hands of Loki. Loki now jumps to the DBZ-verse, where Goku and the Z fighters battle for their own universe's heart. Elsewhere, Batman finds himself next to Tarzan, who has accidentally teleported the vigilante during a fight with his foe, Clayton. Etc. Etc.

More will be decided tomorrow. Remember, nothing is certain. All ideas are still welcomed.

#23 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Despite my treacherous nature, I'm rooting for this through all my cynism. Let's see if a certain person can defeat his extraordinary slacking to pull this off (p.s. Nice show of leadership). Good luck.

#24 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

If ya still got room I'll help out

#25 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

Treacho! Thanks. I appreciate that, as does my ego. Now, unless I'm mistaken, you were a CBUBer not so long ago... *hint*

And RBR, of course we've got room! Come aboard. There's still plenty of time left, and we'll need plenty of writers to pull this off. Hope to see you on the chat tomorrow (6 or 7, Eastern time). We're carving the story out with small kitchen knives.

#26 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:16 AM

I can't say for sure how reliable I'll be but I'm game.

#27 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

Hopefully I'll be able to make my way to mibbit tomorrow, no promises though.

Also, hopefully we come up with an explanation at least more creative than just having the character teleport to a random universe for no other reason than because character x just collected a piece of the Heart.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Also, hopefully we come up with an explanation at least more creative than just having the character teleport to a random universe for no other reason than because character x just collected a piece of the Heart.

well... there's Access that can open connection between MU and DCU, why not a similar concept to the other realities that are chosen?

possibly even make it so Marvel is the 'center' universe. ie. character A from universe X has to move through the MU in order to move to universe Z

#29 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Well I'm certainly willing to lend any ideas or suggestions I have.

#30 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

I was thinking, give the individual HoTUs sentience, evil sentience. They will persuade the villains/heroes who take them up to get the other ones in other universes, and when they join together, an evil soul of the omniverse will have to be stopped for the grand finale. Ofc, the problem of this approach is finding someway to beat the omnipotent entity. Outsmart? OO! I got it, the heroes learn from a special omniuniversal Watcher that there is one, anti-HoTU, but it is in a realm filled with hostiles. So then the heroes get this anti-HoTU and beat the Soul of the Omniverse. Im such a genius.

#31 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Blegh.

#32 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

*points at Treacherous*

Agreed

#33 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Meh. It's a work in progress.

Also, the Chat has begun! Jump in. Everyone has a voice here.

#34 Guest_ViceCityMobster86_*

Guest_ViceCityMobster86_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

I might join, I could at the least provide some advice.

#35 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Once again, that was a great chat. We really got ideas flowing. Here's what was said:

The League of Extraordinary CBUBers Spoke! Here's what they said:

Recap: As you know, in our last meeting, the League made plans to pick seven Universes where the Multiversal Scavenger Hunt could take place. Well, the concept of the scavenger hunt was questioned, but at least we picked six out of seven universes (Again, nothing is certain till the end. Everything is still up for debate. Your opinion matters.)

The six are:

Marvel Universe

DC Universe

Star Wars

Movie-Verse

Cartoon-verse

Videogame-verse

Now, I realize some of these are quite vague. Well, this was done to keep the possibilities for writers open. We wanted to avoid writers being forced to write with characters they might not know or like. Still, the last Universe was unknown. So, we had everyone present toss out ideas. While there were suggestions for other vague universes, like Anime, or books, we got twenty specific universes that you can now vote on (On the main page).

Also note that the prior idea, that each writer would be allowed to control their own universe has been demolished. We have too large of a group, and doing something like this would create large problems when we're trying to tell a single great story. 

Also note that if your Universe is not picked by the voters, that does not mean it can no longer be used. It just means that it isn't its own universe. Instead, it'll be lumped together among the others in the vague universes (Movies, Cartoons, & videogames). How we'll get various movies to co-exist is still being debated (Example: Can we have the Terminator films, and the Planet of the Apes?)

Anyways, another good point that was made was the questioning of the scavenger hunt system. While this concept originally proposed that our story be driven by the hunt for powerful items, our good friend Treacherous, said this:

Here's an Idea:  Gods or dieties or whatever from every universe come together every eon or so and have little events to see who has the best realms.  This eon, the different universes you have chosen are coming together for these events.  Your matches will be the events or the lead up to the events or whatever.

Like pieces on a chess board, characters from various universes will interact as pawns for greater powers. These deities/gods would come from our seven universes. 

Also note, that Jesus, a fellow member, mentioned the idea that we could combine both. That the scavenger hunt be the final stage in the grand game. 

Anyways, that's mostly what was said. Thank you to everyone who came. Tomorrow, same time.

Like a powerful train, our League gathers speed. Watch out ahead, the great arc rolls forward through huge mountains, raging rivers, and vast deserts. It's still not too late to get onboard...

#36 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Sounds intruiging... I'll join as well. ;)

#37 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hey Fellas, Vote Forgotten Realms if you like Candy and Beer! And.... Kim Kardashian!!!!

#38 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Hey Fellas, Vote Forgotten Realms if you like Candy and Beer! And.... Kim Kardashian!!!!

Well that's a no then.

Also, I like Jesus' idea of combining the two. Having the majority of the plot being driven by Treach's idea with the scavenger hunt taking place between the top x number (16, 8, 4?) of groups left.

Question though, what exactly are these "little events" in Treach's idea though? Or was that intentionally left vague so that we could expand upon it later?

Edit: If Jesus' idea is going to be a valid option, can we have a voting option for that?

#39 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

Heh. Nice try Arty.

Anyways, new option added.

As for what these events will be, we'll deal with it at the next meeting (These will most likely be decided upon by the individual writer rather than the group).

Also, if you'd like the Jesus Option, but already voted, comment here and we'll add these votes to the Jesus Choice.

#40 jesus20456

jesus20456

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Location:can't tell you, I wish I could, because that would mean the war was over...
  • Interests:Reading Animorphs, Writing.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Heh. Nice try Arty.

Anyways, new option added.

As for what these events will be, we'll deal with it at the next meeting (These will most likely be decided upon by the individual writer rather than the group).

Also, if you'd like the Jesus Option, but already voted, comment here and we'll add these votes to the Jesus Choice.

I want my option, I voted for the tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users