Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The League of Extraordinary CBUBers

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#1 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Attention CBUB!

It's time to throw off your pauper costume and reveal your royal garments!

Note: The following was written in mid-2010

Right now, as we speak, serge is working on the CBUB. It'll be down for a couple of days, but soon, it'll be back. But will these fixes save the CBUB? Do they address the real problems?

During these last few months (some would say, years) the CBUB's been in a sorry state. Everyone has noticed this. In fact, I wrote a blog post to help the CBUB (check the sig), that deals with these problems. 

Now, I realize that others have tried to help the CBUB before (Tarvius' CBUB Tournament is currently underway), but I propose a different idea to revitalize the CBUB. 

*drum roll*

An Extraordinary League of CBUBers, who, together, will weave the greatest story arc the CBUB has ever seen!

Just imagine it. The CBUB's finest working together to craft a tale no single writer could. The crossover would feature the greatest heroes and villains from various fictional universes, and the plot would be decided upon by the majority. The matches would be written separately, but come together to create a single story. One great story to celebrate the CBUB's return! How often do we get a chance to do this? The window of opportunity has been ripped open, and the winds of change are gushing in.

So, is anyone interested? If you are, sign your name below. I've given out the call, now it is up to you to reply...

CBUB UNITE!
Posted Image

The League: Roster

Note: All EF Members are encouraged to join. The only requirement is a participation in the CBUB. Our goal is to improve the site through good writing and honest comradery. 

Marvel Man
ND7 
AVP vs Terminator 
TheJ0ke
Force Echo 
575david 
Thetrekker 
Darkender 
Jesus### 
Opalord 
Canis Minor 
Patrickthekid 
Nova 
Artemis 
Tomisntblue 
Hugo Fowl
Nesh
Videogameman
Skirmisher
SirMethos
g4hardcore
Red Blue Blur

League Collaboration: 2010
• After being founded, the League proceeded to plot a never before seen collaborative work. It can best be summarized by the intro, written by Admin and good friend of the League, Treacherous. This massive endeavor was plagued with a few problems, mostly due to a lack of planning and vision on my part. 

Excelsior true believers, in keepings with the grand scope of the CBUB, I introduce to you an epic tale.  Beyond the concepts of space and time and outside the reasoning of mortal minds, there is a nexus of all things.  Within this singularity, only the most preeminent and able beings of existences could even begin to be extant.  For it is not a realm of just matter or nothingness; adversely it is a realm of entirety.  It is from the nexus that all things spring forth and the multiverse began.  It is here that our story begins.

Important to this tale, is the phenomenon of seven.  On Earth there are Seven Wonders of the World, in Christianity; seven holy sins and seven holy virtues, as well there are seven last words of Jesus Christ, seven stellar objects visible to the naked eye from Earth, in Japanese myth there are seven lucky gods…and the list goes on throughout the multiverse.  In the telling of our story, we shall focus on seven, foremost celestial branches of the multiverse.

Throughout infinity and once in the span of a million lifetimes comes a combination of deities with one thought on their collective minds: Competition.  For every eon, these beings have met to test the strength, evolution, fortitude and wit of lesser life in their worlds.  Each representative seeks victory for their own personal reasons; whether it is hate, growth, love or power.  Of these 7 universes, this gathering of hosts has come forth: Raiden of the Japanese god pantheon from Mortal Kombat: Seeking to test the might of his world’s greatest legends to prepare them for greater challenges to come.  The Greek Gods of antiquity: who are always willing to mettle in the affairs of their population for sport.  The Guardians of the Universe of the DC realm: who in turn seek to test the might of potentially hazardous surrounding universes, record data and defeat the plans of Darkseid of the DC universe: who seeks to end all free will in any world and usurp control.  Q of the Q Continuum of Star Trek: who enjoys a little sport, while clandestinely preparing mortal minds for their own evolution, the mysterious and deadly Reapers: who seek to impose order on the chaos of organic evolution, the living Force of the Star Wars: which seeks to flow throughout all, the Forerunners of the Halo realm: who seek to increase the influence of peace throughout the multiverse, the enigmatic G-Man: whose motives are unknown, but to himself, the Ellimist: the consummate gamer who only seeks competition with his longtime friend and the host of these fantastic events, the Grandmaster of Marvel Universe.  

Be glad reader, for a great story commences:  a story that will embody all that the CBUB stands for, a story that will span a thousand worlds and a story that is not mine to tell.  For it is a chosen League of Extraordinary CBUBers that have taken on the task and who will bring you the story of Champions Battling for Universal Balance!

The League is currently suspended, but a new story is already in the works. Stay tuned. 

Update: 12/23/2011
After a time of inactivity, general support for the League has resurfaced. Making sure not to fall into same pitfalls, the League shall rise once more! Let all CBUBers unite!

#2 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

I'm in. Sounds fun.

#3 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

I'm in but I'll keep my peasant's clothes the fancy stuff is alwys uncomfortable, I'm doing this for the fun of the crossover nothing more.

#4 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

....I guess I'm in...

#5 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

Sounds fun, I'm in :)

#6 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

Sounds like this could get pretty complicated and problem prone, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

#7 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

Im locked and loaded.

#8 575david

575david

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Why not I'm in.

#9 thetrekker

thetrekker

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:15 AM

Alan Quatermain (aka Sean Connery) (aaka thetrekker) is on site and ready.

#10 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

Pauper costume? Well I would never hide my royal garments under such things. But seriously since you were nice enough to consider me extraordinary I'd love to help :)

#11 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Sure. Honored to be invited.

#12 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

Count me in as well.

#13 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

Well, I'm glad to see so many of you are interested. Anyone who still wants to join is welcomed, but we should probably start with some basic ideas (I propose that writing the plot, picking protagonists, etc. should be done on the chat. Still, some things would benefit from being posted here.)

First thing on the To-Do List: Establish which fictional universes will be involved.

Now, I don't want to limit the match possibilities, but the main story would probably benefit with a set number of Universes. There can be characters from other universes involved, but the story should focus on a set number of Universes, so we don't make things too complicated.

I think seven would be a good number of universes (Max), but I'm totally open to any suggestions as to which universes should be included.

My Opinion: Being a comic book site, and since they're well known, I think DC and Marvel should be among the seven. Do you guys agree or disagree?

So, what should be the other universes? DBZ? Halo? Star Wars? League, comment.

Note: Also, I'd prefer that the Universes be well known. This allows more people to participate in writing the overall plot (So, even though you really liked that one comic you found on eBay, let's focus on big names. Sorry.)

#14 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Heck yeah I'm interested. It was so awesome to get an invite too.

#15 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Ditto for Marvel and DC.
Although, I'd say that we should probably leave out the DB universe or at least be VERY careful about which characters we use from it. On the other hand DBZ characters tend to be just about the only non Marvel/DC characters that have a chance against Superman level characters. So there you have it, I'm indecisive.

I'm for bringing in Halo, but if we're going to be using heavy hitters like Goku and Supes, not even the USNC's "Demon" will stand a chance. Overall I'd really say that it might be good to just get a pretty general idea of what kinda plot we're gonna want to make (i.e. the general scope of things, what brought them together, etc.).

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Sounds a whole lot like my roleplay chatroom to be precise... Hmmmm...

I might join.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

Oh and for discussing possible ideas, we should try to all get on the chatroom at the same time, allows for much more discussion than posts on CBUB would.

#18 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Agreed. Everyone has a link?

http://wbe01.mibbit....ServerMotd=true

#19 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Agreed. Everyone has a link?

http://wbe01.mibbit....ServerMotd=true

Marvel Man, I want in on this.... Where are you? I can't find you on chat! Lol!

#20 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

:) I hate chatrooms. I suppose I'll deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users