205 replies to this topic

#41 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Not much really. It was $400, but if I had gotten the regular 250GB version it would have been $300, but only comes with one controller. Add in the extra controller and Reach (which I was going to buy anyhow) and it's pretty much exactly the same... actually a small savings.

Not bad man.

I got the regular slim version.

#42 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES! HALO REACH! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! HURRA-
Wait, I have a PS3.

#43 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

I don't get it... I have the game and I find L4D1 more fun.

#44 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

I don't get it... I have the game and I find L4D1 more fun.

Bloody hell... XBOX get ALL the cool games...
and what do us PS3 owners get?
LittleBigPlanet and frikkin' Modnation Racers.
All I play is Ultimate Alliance 2 anyway. Can't wait for Shattered Dimensions, though, it has Deadpool in it!
(Well, Ultimate Deadpool...)

#45 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

Bloody hell... XBOX get ALL the cool games...
and what do us PS3 owners get?
LittleBigPlanet and frikkin' Modnation Racers.
All I play is Ultimate Alliance 2 anyway. Can't wait for Shattered Dimensions, though, it has Deadpool in it!
(Well, Ultimate Deadpool...)

What are you talking? Ps3 has great games!!! And psn is cool. But I own a 360. But ps3 is good. I think 360 and ps3 are even.

But dont worry. PS4 and Xbox 720 are right around the corner.

#46 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

What are you talking? Ps3 has great games!!! And psn is cool. But I own a 360. But ps3 is good. I think 360 and ps3 are even.

But dont worry. PS4 and Xbox 720 are right around the corner.

Nah, I doubt there will be an Eighth Generation console for Sony... and if there is, unless it's much, much, Much better than Microsoft's Eighth Gen then they won't have a Ninth Gen... What will happen to them was what happened to Sega in the Previous generations console wars.

Next thing you know Sony's going to be just a game manufacturer and they're going to make this awesome Mecha combat game that although lacking any sort of offline mode would be really deep and epic in it's online world. Many people would enjoy that online world... and then they'd crush the online world and seal it off from the public... Yeah, just venting about Chromehounds...

#47 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

Nah, I doubt there will be an Eighth Generation console for Sony... and if there is, unless it's much, much, Much better than Microsoft's Eighth Gen then they won't have a Ninth Gen... What will happen to them was what happened to Sega in the Previous generations console wars.

Next thing you know Sony's going to be just a game manufacturer and they're going to make this awesome Mecha combat game that although lacking any sort of offline mode would be really deep and epic in it's online world. Many people would enjoy that online world... and then they'd crush the online world and seal it off from the public... Yeah, just venting about Chromehounds...

Really...

So no ps4.

#48 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

I've seen plenty of double posts, a rare few triple posts, but holy shit. A QUADRUPLE POST!?!?!? The forum space/time continuum has been destroyed.

#49 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

I've seen plenty of double posts, a rare few triple posts, but holy shit. A QUADRUPLE POST!?!?!? The forum space/time continuum has been destroyed.

Wait, what?

Oh yeah, note to Sober: Make sure that you have your new console like bolted down or something, wouldn't want this to happen to your new game...

#50 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

Oh yeah, note to Sober: Make sure that you have your new console like bolted down or something, wouldn't want this to happen to your new game...

Holy crap! Note to self.... thanks Joke.

#51 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Holy crap! Note to self.... thanks Joke.

*Bows humbly*

Yeah that problem was definitely there on the older system (I would know since my little [brat of a] cousin jumped on the couch and fell on my Xbox360 making my MW2 look exactly like that.), but seems to be significantly worse on the new one.

#52 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

*Bows humbly*

Yeah that problem was definitely there on the older system (I would know since my little [brat of a] cousin jumped on the couch and fell on my Xbox360 making my MW2 look exactly like that.), but seems to be significantly worse on the new one.

Probably a higher disk speed... well it should happen with any system that spins a disk, I bet if you shook a PS3 you'd get the same damage too.

#53 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

*Bows humbly*

Sorry to say this but you are *vulgarity*ed. But no worry do you have a warranty?

#54 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Wait, what? I move my 360 a lot with it still running a disk in it. -.-

I've yet to get these scratches and its the old model. Is it from setting it on its side instead of its intended standing position?

I stand it.

#55 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Try not to do that. It generally borks up the disk. You've been lucky thus far.

#56 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Try not to do that. It generally borks up the disk. You've been lucky thus far.

Doesn't it have to do with the drive models in the consoles? :D

#57 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:16 AM

Probably a higher disk speed... well it should happen with any system that spins a disk, I bet if you shook a PS3 you'd get the same damage too.

Well yes and no. You would definitely damage the disc in the PS3 (never a good idea to shake a disc drive while it's reading something), but I doubt it would be as bad as the 360's. A major part of the reason is because M$ (AKA Microsoft (which is still infinitely better than Apple)) was too cheap to install tiny little rubber bumpers in their consoles that would prevent disc drives from completely eating discs if they are bumped. And seeing as how the new "slim" consoles are much smaller than the old ones, I doubt that it has been fixed (the label on the console there was a pretty big tipoff too)...

Sorry to say this but you are *vulgarity*ed. But no worry do you have a warranty?

Huh, oh yeah no worries. That happened last New Year's Day. *Cues flashback transition effect and settles in for a long story telling session*
You see, initially when she jumped the disc was destroyed, but my older cousin (er yeah the brat is actually my 1st cousin once removed) payed me back for the game before they left. However, about five months later I started noticing that the disc drive wasn't always reading the discs. Over the next month it got worse and worse until eventually it wouldn't even detect that there was anything in the drive (never thought I'd miss the console saying that my Halo 3 was a malfunctioning DVD that much). So as you can imagine, I was pretty pissed off. Now I'd bought a service plan from Best Buy for my Xbox when I first got it, and had actually turned it in once before (RROD) and gotten a replacement, but as luck would have it, the plan expired the month before. Naturally this just made me even more pissed off, and I was about ready to punch a hole through the nearest wall when I found out. Luckily though, it turned out that my current system was still under the 1 year factory warranty.
So come the week before finals, I packed up my console and shipped it off to Mesquite, Texas to be "repaired" (all they really do is give you a refurbished console). Then, with absolutely perfect timing, I get "my console" back in the afternoon just after school ended! Needless to say, I stayed up all night playing Live.
*Cues return to real world transition*
Er, so yeah there's my exciting end of school story...

Anywho, recommence with the praise of Halo: Reach.

#58 Guest_blade_*

Guest_blade_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

this game is too easy!

#59 Guest_blade_*

Guest_blade_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

Not bad man.

I got the regular slim version.

I have the x-box 360 version!

#60 Guest_blade_*

Guest_blade_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

triple posts ar easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users