• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#141 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Oh... you mean those same ODSTs with weapons worse than modern day Earth's? You same the same ODSTs butt*vulgarity*ed by aliens with low single digit kJ weapons? I would LOVE to see proof that they are as badass as you claim...

Here Rice, this will explain.

#142 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, which proves its not lightspeed.

Also, he did fire just before Vader moved his hand... meaning, if it was light speed, it would have made it past his hand into his armor...

The trigger is pulled.
The blaster shoots out the tracer.
The tracer flies out towards the target.
The blaster ramps up the invisible beam.
The tracer reaches the target.
The blaster shoots out the invisible beam.
The invisible beam and the tracer hit the target at the same time.

Of course, it seems easier to just assume that the c beam is only for starfighters/ships, and that some blasters simply have a small invisible part near the bolt.

#143 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

The trigger is pulled.
The blaster shoots out the tracer.
The tracer flies out towards the target.
The blaster ramps up the invisible beam.
The tracer reaches the target.
The blaster shoots out the invisible beam.
The invisible beam and the tracer hit the target at the same time.

Of course, it seems easier to just assume that the c beam is only for starfighters/ships, and that some blasters simply have a small invisible part near the bolt.

Uh, yes or no?

#144 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

Depends on how youw atn to look at it. Functionally, they are not. But some components of the bolt are light speed.

#145 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

Here Rice, this will explain.

Oh, so you can't prove that ODSTs are badass, in fact, you can't prove that they are even COMPARABLE to the Navy Seals. Master Chief's shields and suit get butt*vulgarity*ed by little kJ BB guns, called Covenant plasma weapons. Master Chief is not even REMOTELY capable of defeating even a NORMAL stormtrooper - who can take large rocks impacting them without a dent, laugh off Wookies throwing them, and not receive cracks from a grenade-like explosion - let alone someone like Darth Vader. Don't believe me when I say Covenant plasma weapons are low kJ weapons?

Bungie's numbers.

30,000 * 60 / 360 = 3.33 kJ

30,000 * 60 / 360 = 5 kJ.

45.000 * 60 / 540 = 5 kJ

45,000 * 60 / 360 = 7.5 kJ.

Also, do not give me shit about how it has a fast rate of fire, because in the Halo: Deliver Hope trailer, we see an Elite Ultra fire 3 bolts in one second, and that's being generous to you, so the energy dispersed is anywhere from 10 to 22.5 kilojoules.

You're telling me rounds capable of melting Spartan armor are equivalent to SEVERAL 7.62 NATO ROUNDS at BEST? The only reason you could still suggest Spartan armor is good because it might be weaker against thermal weapons. Now onto blasters...

This would be an example.

From the looks of it, a cylinder 15 cm in length and 5 in diameter isn't pushing it. To vaporize a kilogram of water quickly, you need 2.57 megajoules pumped into it. The density of water is 1 g/cm^3, thus the energy required to vaporize all that water, we would need 756 kJ in that tiny spot. That's not mentioning the skin (minor changes in energy) and armor (possibly significant changes in energy) though. This is over 100 times stronger than the strongest bolt from a Covenant plasma rifle.

The GE has superior weapons, armor, technology, and whatnot over the Covenant, let alone the poor UNSC - who use weapons worse than modern day Earth - soldier before us.

#146 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

Rice... come on man, This Video explains all of your Arguments.

#147 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

Rice... come on man, This Video explains all of your Arguments.

Concession accepted.

#148 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:00 AM

Concession accepted.

Concession? Uh I would like a Large Popcorn and Coke... I like my treats when I read Fiction and I'm glad you set up a Concession Stand for us to get snakes from while we read your... Material...

#149 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

Concession? Uh I would like a Large Popcorn and Coke... I like my treats when I read Fiction and I'm glad you set up a Concession Stand for us to get snakes from while we read your... Material...

You are incapable of accepting that Master Chief has equipment worse than your typical soldier today, piss off.

#150 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

You are incapable of accepting that Master Chief has equipment worse than your typical soldier today, piss off.

Listen, your numbers and arguments are one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in any of your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone in this thread, is now dumber for having read your... material.

I concede to none of your points, and may god have mercy on your soul...

#151 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Listen, your numbers and arguments are one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in any of your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

DERP! <.>

Anyways, seriously, another pissing match, Ricrery?

#152 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

That's because YOU have no understanding of physics AT ALL. You clearly love to WANK Halo, but guess what? Now that I've shown your wank is full of crap. Master Chief stands no chance against a normal Stormtrooper, let alone Darth Vader. In both scenarios, his weapons (7.62 NATO rounds, because Halo is less advanced than modern day Earth in most areas) would bounce right off their armor. How can he POSSIBLY win?

#153 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

That's because YOU have no understanding of physics AT ALL. You clearly love to WANK Halo, but guess what? Now that I've shown your wank is full of crap. Master Chief stands no chance against a normal Stormtrooper, let alone Darth Vader. In both scenarios, his weapons (7.62 NATO rounds, because Halo is less advanced than modern day Earth in most areas) would bounce right off their armor. How can he POSSIBLY win?

He's using an energy sword plus, he has Spartan Time, against Vader. -.-

#154 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

He's using an energy sword plus, he has Spartan Time, against Vader. -.-

Oh *vulgarity*ing no. It changes... ABSOLUTELY nothing. Vader would butt*vulgarity* him like a simple Stormtrooper would.

#155 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Oh *vulgarity*ing no. It changes... ABSOLUTELY nothing. Vader would butt*vulgarity* him like a simple Stormtrooper would.

Um. Apparently, you know nothing of Spartan Time... And if it was only a melee fight between Master Chief and a Clonetrooper, MC would utterly pwn...

#156 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

Um. Apparently, you know nothing of Spartan Time... And if it was only a melee fight between Master Chief and a Clonetrooper, MC would utterly pwn...

And what do you mean by "Spartan Time"? Because I KNOW it cannot be the instance where Cortana helps the Chief on that one test where he has to fight several ODSTs and more.

#157 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

And what do you mean by "Spartan Time"? Because I KNOW it cannot be the instance where Cortana helps the Chief on that one test where he has to fight several ODSTs and more.

Um, we've explained this several times...

Go back and read.

#158 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Those Elites sure moved lightning fast in Reach.

Goddamit, I should stop snipping. But Reach really is hilarious.

#159 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Those Elites sure moved lightning fast in Reach.

Goddamit, I should stop snipping. But Reach really is hilarious.

What do you mean? I don't have the game yet. -.-

DETAILS, MAN! :o

#160 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

The Covenant and UNSC use weapons equal to (or in some cases, worse) what we use right now. Oh, and the Elites in Reach were jumping everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users