• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

1.TDK
2.Batman Begins
3.Iron Man
4.Hellboy 2
5.Hulk{reboot}

#22 HulkSmash9

HulkSmash9

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:37 AM

1: Batman
2:Iron Man
3:The Incredible Hulk
4:X-Men 2
5:Hellboy 2

#23 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:40 AM

In no particular
Punisher (War Zone)
Batman (1989)
Blade
X2
Spiderman

Honorable mention
Iron Man
Batman Begins

#24 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

How did you like SM3? I couldn't even watch it for a 2nd time. I tried, but I couldn't so I decided to sleep the whole 8 hour plane ride to Ireland.

Why does everyone keep hating on SM3!? Sure, it wasn't as good as SM2, but it was far from a bad flick. It's biggest problem was that it tried to commit to too many plotlines and ended up being to shallow of a story.

#25 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Why does everyone keep hating on SM3!? Sure, it wasn't as good as SM2, but it was far from a bad flick. It's biggest problem was that it tried to commit to too many plotlines and ended up being to shallow of a story.

I just hated it. It's my least favorite movie.

#26 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

How did you like SM3? I couldn't even watch it for a 2nd time. I tried, but I couldn't so I decided to sleep the whole 8 hour plane ride to Ireland.

I liked all the villains and I was perfectly fine with the way they were portrayed. I didn't need to see the history or have them fleshed out, I already understood them, that's why SM3 is my favorite of the bunch. It's undeveloped, and thus inferior to the other two, but it's got what I want out of a Spider-Man film. Some of the biggest problems are what I like most about it, I love that Peter went emo when he got the Suit, he's supposed to, that's what it does, the dance scene was hilarious. I didn't like that Flint got pegged with Uncle Ben's death, but it could've been worse.

Spider-Man 2 I hate. Utterly and completely, the video game was so much better than the movie. It helps that I dislike Otto, but I also hate when the hero loses his powers, especially when there is no given reason for it other than some handwaving junk about confidence or somesuch.

#27 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

The worst part was obviously the casting of Eddie Brock (HE'S MUSCLE BOUND, NOT WIMPY).

That, and how the 70s Show Guy kept peeling the Venom mask off in order to talk. That was messed up...

#28 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

1. The Dark Knight.
2. Iron Man.
3. V for Vendetta.
4. Spider Man.
5. Hulk. (Reboot)

GASP! You. Liked. a. DC. Movie. Above. All. Marvel. Movies. IT IS THE APOCALYPSE! :)

#29 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

GASP! You. Liked. a. DC. Movie. Above. All. Marvel. Movies. IT IS THE APOCALYPSE! :)

V For Vendetta is also technically DC.

#30 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

The worst part was obviously the casting of Eddie Brock (HE'S MUSCLE BOUND, NOT WIMPY).

That, and how the 70s Show Guy kept peeling the Venom mask off in order to talk. That was messed up...

616 Eddie is muscle bound, Ultimate Eddie looks just like that. Besides, Topher Grace is who Spider-Man should have been. Lean body, sharp mind.

#31 Guest_GODSPEED-88_*

Guest_GODSPEED-88_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

Since we're allowing manga...

1: Ghost in the Shell 2
2: Oldboy
3: Batman Returns
4: The Dark Knight
5: Hellboy 2

Other cool movies: Ghost in the Shell 1, Ichi the Killer, A History of Violence, any Lone Wolf and Cub movie, X2, From Hell, Punisher War Zone

You have an excellent taste in film.

#32 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

Better than Maguire?!

Madness. Topher shouldn't have been in the movie at all.

As for whoever said it, Ultimate < 616.

Always.

And just in case, Eddie Brock > Any other Venom.

#33 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

SM3 made me want to puke. Spider-Man was the first comic character i loved and as a child he was my favorite thing ever, they killed all of that with SM3. I had so much high hope for this movie when i saw it opening day it just made me sick.

#34 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

Better than Maguire?!

Madness. Topher shouldn't have been in the movie at all.

As for whoever said it, Ultimate < 616.

Always.

And just in case, Eddie Brock > Any other Venom.

Wrong. Ultimate FF was far better than 616 for a while. Ultimate Spidey was better than 616 after OMD, and Ultimates 1 and 2 were better than Civil War and Disassembled.

#35 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

The Dark Knight

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

X-Men 3 (I have yet to see anything suckish in the movie)

Iron Man

Spider-Man 1

#36 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

Maybe that's because the whole movie was suckish and nothing really stood out as being ridiculously more suckish than the rest.

#37 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Wrong. Ultimate FF was far better than 616 for a while. Ultimate Spidey was better than 616 after OMD, and Ultimates 1 and 2 were better than Civil War and Disassembled.

What about Ultimates 3?

616 Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver > Ultimate Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver

Still, 616 Spidey is pretty much dead to me, so I'll give you that. Same goes for the Fantastic Four. But the Ultimates?!

Oh, and: 616 Hank Pym > Ultimate Hank Pym.

One gave a slap, the other attacked his shrunken wife with ants.

#38 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Maybe that's because the whole movie was suckish and nothing really stood out as being ridiculously more suckish than the rest.

Give me a reason for why the movie is so bad.

Is it because Cyclops was killed off at the beginning?
He was a crybaby in the movie, but I was never a fan of him to begin with.

Is it because Jean died?
She's died before.

Why do you hate it so much?

#39 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

X3 tried to cram three storylines into one movie and did a poor job with all three.

We got the Dark Phoenix saga, Magneto's "let's take over the world" bit, and the whole "government's found a cure for being a mutant" storyline. None of the plotlines got ample screentime for any of them to matter. We get no reason for Jean snapping other than "she died and came back a bitch." Rogue is supposed to be struggling with chosing between staying a mutant or getting a cure, but so little time is spent on her dillema that its hard to give a damn. The Magneto bit worked the best out of the three and SHOULD have been the focus of the entire movie, but with the other two storylines taking up space in the movie, that plotline wasn't given enough time to really work.

If you have to know the comics to "fill in the blanks" in order to "get" what's going on in the movie (I "got" the whole Dark Phoenix thing because I read the comic back the day), then the movie has done a poor job at telling the story at hand. That's what we got with X3.

I guess if "OMG I GOT TO SEE XMEN FIGHT ON THE SCREEN" is your barometer for what makes a good movie, then I can see why people liked it, but for anyone looking for anything more than empty fanservice it wasn't a good movie. Same thing goes for the new Wolverine movie. Yeah, you got to see a bunch of characters everyone's wanted to see for, like, forever, but AGAIN all sorts of stories were crammed into two hours and none of them were given any sort of time to develop to a point where people can care.

That said, there WERE things to like about X3 and Wolverine. Hugh Jackman puts far more effort into his role than what the character and movies deserve. Some of the action bits were cool (Magneto and the Golden Gate Bridge was awesome. The fight between Xavier and Jean was genuinely tense since you don't expect them to off Prof X.). Unfortunately those cool bits couldn't make up for the crap writing.

#40 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Exactly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users