290 replies to this topic

#61 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

1) How does the Crimson Gem of Cyttock (Sp?) stack up against the Infinity Gauntlet Gems? (As far as, are each of the individual gems themselves more powerful that the Cyttock gem? Or is it an equal with those gems?)

2) This is probably a silly question but I just wanted to make sure... I assume anyone in control of the Infinity Gauntlet would effortlessly be able to stop (even the absolute most powerful version of) The Juggernaut in his tracks, right? Completely hault him where he stands, even from a full-on run?

3) If the Crimson Gem makes it impossible for anything to hault the Juggernaut once he is in motion, how does he slow himself down?

I'm sure its above the Power Gem in terms of durability and strength but for Reality Gem, not, Mind Gem, no, Soul Gem, no, Space Gem, no, and Time Gem, no.

Yeah, it would. It pwned a crapload people at Galactus's level... as well as Galactus himself.

He doesn't, he keeps going until he runs into something or he tries to slow himself down which seems to not work...

#62 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Until he runs into something? Wouldn't he then just smash through it and keep going?

#63 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Until he runs into something? Wouldn't he then just smash through it and keep going?

Rocks and boulders have been seen to slow him down but he can keep going. If he combines his effort in trying to slow down in with the aid oof objects such as boulders and rocks, he could stop. -.-

#64 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

1) How does the Crimson Gem of Cyttock (Sp?) stack up against the Infinity Gauntlet Gems? (As far as, are each of the individual gems themselves more powerful that the Cyttock gem? Or is it an equal with those gems?)

2) This is probably a silly question but I just wanted to make sure... I assume anyone in control of the Infinity Gauntlet would effortlessly be able to stop (even the absolute most powerful version of) The Juggernaut in his tracks, right? Completely hault him where he stands, even from a full-on run?

3) If the Crimson Gem makes it impossible for anything to hault the Juggernaut once he is in motion, how does he slow himself down?

1. Well the Infinity Gems give the wielder complete control over that aspect of the universe, but the Gem of Cyttorak basically gives Juggernaut the full power of Cyttorak's dimension, so yeah, it would probably be somewhat comparable to the Power Gem, but not any of the others since it can't really do any of the other stuff.

2. Well remember when Onslaught used extremely bad writing to rip the Gem out of Juggernaut's chest? Well someone with the Infinity Gauntlet could do that and it wouldn't be bad writing.

3.Last I checked, Juggernaut can cancel his mystical unstoppable momentum at will, of course then he would still need to cancel his regular physical momentum the old-fashioned way.

#65 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

How exactly did that whole "meeting" go down between Onslaught & Juggernaut? How did Juggs get the Gem back after it had been ripped out?

#66 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

How exactly did that whole "meeting" go down between Onslaught & Juggernaut? How did Juggs get the Gem back after it had been ripped out?

IIRC he got sucked into the gem or something, and when he got out, he had the gem back in his chest.

#67 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

And yeah, im pretty sure any one of the infinity gems can take out Jugs. Except the mind one.

#68 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

And yeah, im pretty sure any one of the infinity gems can take out Jugs. Except the mind one.

If you get the skullcap off, you can defeat him with mental attacks.

The Mind Gem could do this effectively, just that he has to have that cap removed.

#69 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:17 PM

If you get the skullcap off, you can defeat him with mental attacks.

The Mind Gem could do this effectively, just that he has to have that cap removed.

Yup, and the helmet, but that goes without saying.

#70 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:49 AM

Well, if each gem controls it's part of the universe completely, then the mind gem should ra pe Juggy with or without the skull cap.

#71 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

Well, if each gem controls it's part of the universe completely, then the mind gem should ra pe Juggy with or without the skull cap.

The Gem of Cyttorak is mystical, so it doesn't just fall into line with universal laws.

#72 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

I'm talking about the helmet. I think it was you that said his helmat keeps him safe from telepathy. Well, I was thinking that since the Mind Gem controls 100% of that aspect of the universe COMPLETELY, then the helmet should make no difference.

#73 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

I have a question; WHEN CAN WE ADD CHARACTERS AGAIN?! This was one of the biggest problems with the original CBUB, and it's been down for what, a year now?

#74 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

I have a question; WHEN CAN WE ADD CHARACTERS AGAIN?! This was one of the biggest problems with the original CBUB, and it's been down for what, a year now?

This question doesn't fit within the parameters of the topic...

#75 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

This question doesn't fit within the parameters of the topic...

"The official ask and answer thread"...
Ask a question, it gets answered... so how is my question not in the parametres...? :P

#76 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

"The official ask and answer thread"...
Ask a question, it gets answered... so how is my question not in the parametres...? :D

"If you have a random question about powers/abilites or who would win "this" outcome, or just any random question about comic book characters/powers/etc and feel a full on thread is not needed... just ask it here."

That.

-.-

Your question has to do with the site itself, not the comics nor the characters...

#77 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm talking about the helmet. I think it was you that said his helmat keeps him safe from telepathy. Well, I was thinking that since the Mind Gem controls 100% of that aspect of the universe COMPLETELY, then the helmet should make no difference.

The helmet(along with the skullcap and his whole suit) is made from extra-dimensional materials.

#78 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

The helmet(along with the skullcap and his whole suit) is made from extra-dimensional materials.

Yeah, so I can understand why even a mutant as powerful as Xavier would have little effect against Juggernaut, but against the Mind Gem itself? Xavier is ultra powerful and knows his ability inside and out, but even he can't control every single aspect of it completely like the Mind Gem can. So wouldn't that mean the Mind Gem > Juggy's Helmet simply because it has absolute control over of that part of reality?

By the way, the people who were saying the "Crimson Gem of Cyttorak > Power Gem" I think are wrong. Look:

Power Gem--Virtually limitless strength, durability, and energy manipulation. This gem contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems (of the IG) and boost their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

That, to me, sounds like it would make the Crimson Gem look like toilet paper next to the Power Gem in terms of strength, invulnerability, and durability.

#79 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, so I can understand why even a mutant as powerful as Xavier would have little effect against Juggernaut, but against the Mind Gem itself? Xavier is ultra powerful and knows his ability inside and out, but even he can't control every single aspect of it completely like the Mind Gem can. So wouldn't that mean the Mind Gem > Juggy's Helmet simply because it has absolute control over of that part of reality?

You might think so, but Juggernaut's helmet is not from this reality. So the Mind Gem is basically out of its jurisdiction.

By the way, the people who were saying the "Crimson Gem of Cyttorak > Power Gem" I think are wrong. Look:

I don't think anyone was saying that the Gem of Cyttorak is greater than the Power Gem, just that they are comparable.

The Power Gem grants access to infinite power from the normal dimension of 616, Cyttorak's grants access to infinite power from his own dimension.

#80 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

I thought the Infinity Gauntlet controlled all things within the Marvel Multiverse (except LT & TOAA)? Meaning, every story, arc, character that falls under the Marvel Comics banner, no matter what reality, dimension, or universe they fall under, the Infinity Gauntlet controls everything? If so, then it shouldn't matter where Jugg's helmet is from or where he gets his power from, or where Cyttorak himself is hiding.

That seems kinda lame and anti-climactic if it only works in Earth-616 reality. But I'm fairly sure that's not accurate. Because if that was true, then the I.G. shouldn't effect Juggernaut (even in Earth-616) because his powers/armor/helmet are from another dimension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users