290 replies to this topic

#21 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

The iron alloy was revealed to be Proto-Adamantium. Wakandan Vibranium is the one which absorbs all forms of Kenetic energy. (Arctic Vibranium being the other version which is also known as Anti-Metal).

#22 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

The iron alloy was revealed to be Proto-Adamantium. Wakandan Vibranium is the one which absorbs all forms of Kenetic energy. (Arctic Vibranium being the other version which is also known as Anti-Metal).

No... it's sometimes considered that. In reality, the mixture of the shield is actually proto-adamantium.

"Later, MacLain's attempts to duplicate the shield minus Wakandan Vibranium and the mystery factor resulted in true Adamantium. Because of this historical link, the unknown substance composing the shield is sometimes refered to as "proto-adamantium". "

The Iron + Vibranium mixture is sometimes called Proto-Adamantium. -.- Not the Iron.

#23 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

I see. So the mystery iron alloy + Wakandan Vibranium = Proto-Adamantium? Makes sense.

When they whiped up the Primary Adamantium mixture for Wolverine's metal, I wonder why they didn't add Vibranium into that mixture?

You know, I wonder why they don't get a time traveler to go back to the moment the Proto-Adamantium was created and see exactly what happened. Waverider would easily be able to do it. The only problem with that is, he is from DC. But a Marvel time traveler could do it and then the mystery of Proto-Adamantium would finally be revealed!

Also, what kind of metal is Onslaught's armor made out of? How strong is it in comparison to Adamantium? Is there a name for it?

#24 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

I see. So the mystery iron alloy + Wakandan Vibranium = Proto-Adamantium? Makes sense.

When they whiped up the Primary Adamantium mixture for Wolverine's metal, I wonder why they didn't add Vibranium into that mixture?

You know, I wonder why they don't get a time traveler to go back to the moment the Proto-Adamantium was created and see exactly what happened. Waverider would easily be able to do it. The only problem with that is, he is from DC. But a Marvel time traveler could do it and then the mystery of Proto-Adamantium would finally be revealed!

Also, what kind of metal is Onslaught's armor made out of? How strong is it in comparison to Adamantium? Is there a name for it?

Well, they would need the catalyst required for the two metals to bend and that's currently unknown...

Silver Surfer could go back into time. Hell, he could easily create another Shield of Captain America if he so wanted.

Well, we don't know but perhaps it was made of psionic energies... -.-

#25 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:54 AM

So they can't just take liquid Adamantium and mix it with liquid Vibranium and let it harden? After 8 minutes, the Adamantium should force it to harden, no?

#26 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:01 AM

So they can't just take liquid Adamantium and mix it with liquid Vibranium and let it harden? After 8 minutes, the Adamantium should force it to harden, no?

That could work but then it wouldn't be the same in the end anyways. -.-

#27 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

What would the differnce be? It obviously wouldn't be as strong/durable as Cap's Shield, but it should still be pretty similar. The Adamantium would keep it indestructible while the Vibranium would absorb all forms of kinetic energy.

#28 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:13 AM

What would the differnce be? It obviously wouldn't be as strong/durable as Cap's Shield, but it should still be pretty similar. The Adamantium would keep it indestructible while the Vibranium would absorb all forms of kinetic energy.

It probably would be as blended in as it would need to be in order to work. -.- Besides, the metals might just repeal each other even if the Adamantium forced it to harden and you might be left with Vibranium on one side and Adamantium on the other.

#29 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

Vibranium IS mystical in nature, and it doesn't follow the laws of physics. It absorbs energy into its molecular bonds, which SHOULD make it weaker, but somehow becomes stronger. It somehow also violates CoM.

I've never seen anything, anywhere indicating that vibranium has mystical properties. It's theorized to be extraterrestrial in origin, but not mystical.

EDIT: Anyways, not knowing much about Marvel but a bit about Juggs and the vibranium/adamantium, it sounds like Juggs would be stuck in there forever, until his God master or whatever (Cy-something?) decides to get him out.

Marvel Man brought up a good point that I hadn't even really thought about. Juggernaut in his most powerful form was ripping holes in the dimension, that would certainly be enough to get out of the cage.

#30 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

There's only one man who has the motive, knowledge, technology, and resources to pull this off. And that is Doom.

This is actually a very good idea, if Doom went back in his time machine and cloaked himself to watch the creation of Cap's shield, he could create his own armor(and an army of Doombots) from the same substance and be nearly invincible! B)

I smell a great story. ;)

Of course he'd still have to lay hands on enough vibranium to make that possible...which he's had trouble doing. :P

It's just a psionic armor. No metals of any kind.

#31 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I've never seen anything, anywhere indicating that vibranium has mystical properties. It's theorized to be extraterrestrial in origin, but not mystical.

It violates conservation of momentum. It gets stronger when energy is put into its molecular bonds, instead of logically heating up and getting weaker.

It's magic as far as physics goes.

#32 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

Wait, what?

:P

#33 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

^ It makes sense what he says.

Anyway, what is the difference between Thorforce & Odinforce?

I'd like to know what would happen if Juggy ran full speed toward Thor and Thor swung his hammer as hard as he could and smacked the Juggernaut sqaure on the helmet with an Odinforce/Thorforce blow! Man, who'd win that exchange?

Does Juggy keep trucking along? Or does the Odin/Thor-Force blow hault him in his tracks and knock him for a loop?

#34 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

It would stop him, it takes mystical means to stop Juggernaut. Thor is mystical. -.-

#35 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Really? Even the full powered reality-ripping Juggernaut?

#36 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:22 AM

It violates conservation of momentum. It gets stronger when energy is put into its molecular bonds, instead of logically heating up and getting weaker.

it's part of a comic book universe... we're talking a reality here, where people catch trains falling off bridges, without people splattering out through the front window. people running with Mach 3-4 speeds and grabbing others as they pass without ripping bodyparts off of either person.

physics doesn't really play a large part.

#37 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Well, Trion Juggernaut could still be affected because he's yet to show that he's resistant to mystical energies in this form, so he could get his defensive powers negated, etc... though it probably would take a lot more power.

#38 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

Anyway, what is the difference between Thorforce & Odinforce?

Theoretically speaking, just the name. Odin said that since it was Thor's it was the Thor-Force now and not the Odin-Force.

But usually when using them separately Odin-Force Thor is right after Thor became king and had full access to the Odin-Force, Thor-Force Thor is after he was reborn following the final Ragnarok, after which he only really had a fragment of the full Odin-Force powers.

I'd like to know what would happen if Juggy ran full speed toward Thor and Thor swung his hammer as hard as he could and smacked the Juggernaut sqaure on the helmet with an Odinforce/Thorforce blow! Man, who'd win that exchange?

Does Juggy keep trucking along? Or does the Odin/Thor-Force blow hault him in his tracks and knock him for a loop?

Well regular Thor was able to push back Juggernaut with a God Blast, so I'm sure Odin-Force Thor could do it.

it's part of a comic book universe... we're talking a reality here, where people catch trains falling off bridges, without people splattering out through the front window. people running with Mach 3-4 speeds and grabbing others as they pass without ripping bodyparts off of either person.

physics doesn't really play a large part.

Exactly.

It's only magic if it's stated to be magic, otherwise it just follows the slightly skewed comic book physics.

#39 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:47 AM

How strong is basic (non-Thorforce) Thor supposed to be? I'd like to see him crack Wolverine right on the skull (full-strength blow) with his mighty hammer. That would knock Logan for a loop!

On the flip side, I wonder if the mighty Thor could handle a stab wound to the chest from Logan? I bet ol' Wolverine could chop his (non-Thorforce) head clean off.

#40 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

How strong is basic (non-Thorforce) Thor supposed to be? I'd like to see him crack Wolverine right on the skull (full-strength blow) with his mighty hammer. That would knock Logan for a loop!

On the flip side, I wonder if the mighty Thor could handle a stab wound to the chest from Logan? I bet ol' Wolverine could chop his (non-Thorforce) head clean off.

Wolverine's skull would be dented really badly to the point he might have permanent brain damage unless he un-dents that dent. -.-

Of course, he's head would go off though it would take effort as his tissue isn't like that of humans. Much tougher so Wolverine would have to put effort behind it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users