• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#261 captain Manzini

captain Manzini

The Duke of Prunes

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Troma Films, Garbage Pail Kids, 80s nostalgia, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Marvel,science, general nerd-dom, absurdity,dada,any and all things avante-garde, and, of course, the CBUB.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Why is it that the avengers and other mainstream marvel heroes almost never seem to take an interest in mutant affairs?

#262 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Would you prefer the 'real life' explanation, or would you prefer an attempt at a plausible 'in universe/on screen' explanation?

#263 captain Manzini

captain Manzini

The Duke of Prunes

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Troma Films, Garbage Pail Kids, 80s nostalgia, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Marvel,science, general nerd-dom, absurdity,dada,any and all things avante-garde, and, of course, the CBUB.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

How's about both.

#264 Classic80s

Classic80s

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Invincible Metal

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, both. Sounds interesting. Perhaps they figure the mutants can handle it. They've all got unique and powerful powers and there's tons of them. So... that's my guess.

I know what happened when Rune King Thor smacked Captain America's last shield (Vibranium + Iron Alloy + Mystery catalyst) with the Mjolnir. Rune King Thor was pissed and hit that sucker with everything he had in a temporary fit of rage and dented it. Even then, then dent was minimal. My question is, what would happen if that same scenario played out, with Rune King Thor being pissed and smacking Cap's shield, only this time, Captain America had his current shield? The one made of the Vibranium + Adamantium + Uru alloy.

With that shield, I know Thor blasted it with a rocking shot of lightening. But I'm talking a fully enraged Rune King Thor smacking it head on with the mjolnir as hard as he can (but not using his powers to do anything else, i.e. teleportation/BFR/etc). It's purely a brute strength God Blast wallop. What happens?

#265 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Posted Image vs Posted Image

If the SKIN Armor had a brawl with the Hulkbuster Armor, which would come out on top?

(Assuming the people controlling them know how to use them to 100% of their capability)

[url=

#266 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

SKIN.

#267 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Would Robocop be considered a superhero or a supercop considering his origins and method of conduct?

-Rakai'Thwei

#268 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

SKIN.

I'm not all that familiar with the Hulkbuster Armor, and even less so with the SKIN Armor, but why do you choose one over the other? The Hulkbuster Armor just looks nasty and mean.

How does the Thorbuster Armor stack up? Especially if not being used against Thor. Like Hulkbuster Armor vs Thorbuster Armor, which would win in a brawl?

#269 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Would Robocop be considered a superhero or a supercop considering his origins and method of conduct?

-Rakai'Thwei

Is there a difference?

#270 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

The answer is neither: he's a tool.

#271 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm not all that familiar with the Hulkbuster Armor, and even less so with the SKIN Armor, but why do you choose one over the other? The Hulkbuster Armor just looks nasty and mean.

How does the Thorbuster Armor stack up? Especially if not being used against Thor. Like Hulkbuster Armor vs Thorbuster Armor, which would win in a brawl?

The Hulkbuster is stronger, but wouldn't actually be able to do any damage to the SKIN armor, while the SKIN armor, if it tears away at Hulkbuster long enough, might wear it down and win.

Thorbuster.

#272 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Oh I see. Why do you say Thorbuster > Hulkbuster? What about Thorbuster vs SKIN. And SKIN vs Extremis?

Tony certainly has the money so I don't know why he doesn't just make a suit out of Primary Adamantium. God, could you imagine a Hulkbuster suit made out of pure Adamantium?! Holy S*%#!!!

#273 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

A number of reasons. Adamantium is heavy, expensive, and unmalleable. Also, Tony's armor wetwork is internal, inside his body. An adamantium armor would poison him. Besides, the SKIN armor is as hard as adamantium anyway.

Thorbuster was able to trade blows with a galaxy buster/reality warper. Granted, he lost because the power source was ripped out, but still, the armoring could put a beat down on pretty much all of his other bar a few exceptions, like the negative-zone enhanced celestial powered armor he piloted against Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, or Iron Man 2020.

The thing with Extremis and Bleeding Edge is that they really depend on who's piloting the armor. There's a bunch of stuff you could do with it, it's not like the previous armors where the only main abilities were super strength, durability, flight, repulsor rays, etc. If it's Tony Stark piloting Extremis or Bleeding Edge vs. a mildly proficient person piloting SKIN, then Stark wins.

#274 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

A number of reasons. Adamantium is heavy, expensive, and unmalleable. Also, Tony's armor wetwork is internal, inside his body. An adamantium armor would poison him. Besides, the SKIN armor is as hard as adamantium anyway.

Thorbuster was able to trade blows with a galaxy buster/reality warper. Granted, he lost because the power source was ripped out, but still, the armoring could put a beat down on pretty much all of his other bar a few exceptions, like the negative-zone enhanced celestial powered armor he piloted against Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, or Iron Man 2020.

The thing with Extremis and Bleeding Edge is that they really depend on who's piloting the armor. There's a bunch of stuff you could do with it, it's not like the previous armors where the only main abilities were super strength, durability, flight, repulsor rays, etc. If it's Tony Stark piloting Extremis or Bleeding Edge vs. a mildly proficient person piloting SKIN, then Stark wins.

How did that Negative-Zone suit do against Thanos w/ I.G.?

So, bottom line, how would you rank his Top (we'll say) 7 suits from strongest & most durable down? And then how would rank his non-cosmic/celesital suits from strongest down? And, if you don't mind, why do you put them in that order?

Also, War Machine vs Hulkbuster? :D

#275 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Could a lightsaber cut through...
...Thor's hammer (Marvel)?
...vibranium?
...adamantium?
...Captain America's shield?
...an intangible Shadowcat?
...Human Torch when "flamed on" (F4 not annhilus)?
...Superman?
...Thor (Marvel)?
...Iron Man's most heat/energy resistant suit?

#276 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Doubt it.
Possibly.
No.
No.
Cut right through as in go right through with ease but fail to actually do anything? Yes.
The heat I imagine would melt the hilt of the saber...not to mention the person wielding it.
Doubt it.
Doubt it.
No idea.

#277 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Vibranium might just absorb the lightsaber's energy entirely...

Iron Man's armor is easily capable of withstanding a hit with no damage...

#278 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

How did that Negative-Zone suit do against Thanos w/ I.G.?

So, bottom line, how would you rank his Top (we'll say) 7 suits from strongest & most durable down? And then how would rank his non-cosmic/celesital suits from strongest down? And, if you don't mind, why do you put them in that order?

Also, War Machine vs Hulkbuster?

It did pretty well. It ultimately lost to keep the plot moving.

1. Celestial Armor- Cosmic Level armor designed to go up against Thanos with the I.G Gauntlet
2. Destroyer Armor- Bleeding Edge, except Uru infused to give it near invulnerability. 'Nuff Said.
3. Thorbuster- Pretty damn powerful, but works best when it has Asgardian Energy to drain off of, so not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge armor.
4. New Armor- Shown to be several times more powerful than Bleeding Edge.
5. Bleeding Edge- Insanely powerful in general, an insane amount of features for almost every occasion- mix of raw power and versatility.
6. SKIN- Near Invulnerable, but not much else going for it.
7. Hulkbuster MK II- Pretty damn strong and durable, but not nearly as versatile. Just like the Thorbuster, its features are specialized to fight a certain entity so its features (like Gamma Ray-absorbing nanomachines) are not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge.

Well, since only one of his armors is cosmic level (cosmic as in, being more powerful than Silver Surfer), just slide in Extremis beneath Hulkbuster. It's basically Hulkbuster without the large exoskeletal shell.

Depends on which of the 3 Hulkbuster armors we're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, for the first list. Throw in the Phoenix Buster armor as #2. Obviously, it's pretty ridiculous in terms of raw power.

#279 Classic80s

Classic80s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Could a lightsaber cut through...
...Thor's hammer (Marvel)?
...vibranium?
...adamantium?
...Captain America's shield?
...an intangible Shadowcat?
...Human Torch when "flamed on" (F4 not annhilus)?
...Superman?
...Thor (Marvel)?
...Iron Man's most heat/energy resistant suit?

1: Uru by itself, easily. Enchanted Uru, no.
2: Yes. Vibranium by itself can be cut or chipped or manipulated. How do you think they move those big pieces back to America? Or manipulate the pieces to their liking.
3: Not a chance.
4: Even less of a chance.
5: I have no idea.
6: Like has been said, the weilder of the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get close enough. (But for the sake of the question, yes.)
7: I would actually say Yes, but it would take some effort.
8: Yes. It would take some effort, though not quite as much as with Superman.
9: I don't know. But the blade of a lightsaber isn't "hot," so much as it forces the molecules of a solid to get hot when it touches them.

It did pretty well. It ultimately lost to keep the plot moving.

1. Celestial Armor- Cosmic Level armor designed to go up against Thanos with the I.G Gauntlet
2. Destroyer Armor- Bleeding Edge, except Uru infused to give it near invulnerability. 'Nuff Said.
3. Thorbuster- Pretty damn powerful, but works best when it has Asgardian Energy to drain off of, so not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge armor.
4. New Armor- Shown to be several times more powerful than Bleeding Edge.
5. Bleeding Edge- Insanely powerful in general, an insane amount of features for almost every occasion- mix of raw power and versatility.
6. SKIN- Near Invulnerable, but not much else going for it.
7. Hulkbuster MK II- Pretty damn strong and durable, but not nearly as versatile. Just like the Thorbuster, its features are specialized to fight a certain entity so its features (like Gamma Ray-absorbing nanomachines) are not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge.

Well, since only one of his armors is cosmic level (cosmic as in, being more powerful than Silver Surfer), just slide in Extremis beneath Hulkbuster. It's basically Hulkbuster without the large exoskeletal shell.

Depends on which of the 3 Hulkbuster armors we're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, for the first list. Throw in the Phoenix Buster armor as #2. Obviously, it's pretty ridiculous in terms of raw power.

Thanks for that list. Good to know. But even with the celestial armor, I'm shocked it gave any type of fight to Thanos w/ I.G. You'd think Thanos could've just blinked Ironman into oblivion. Ot just sat there and looked at him (even with Ironman in full attack mode) as if he were nothing more than a dust particle with his attacks doing nothing. I thought the I.G. was so vastly surperior to everything else within 616 that he could squash anything with ease (except for the obvious select few).

#280 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

1: Uru by itself, easily. Enchanted Uru, no.
2: Yes. Vibranium by itself can be cut or chipped or manipulated. How do you think they move those big pieces back to America? Or manipulate the pieces to their liking.
3: Not a chance.
4: Even less of a chance.
5: I have no idea.
6: Like has been said, the weilder of the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get close enough. (But for the sake of the question, yes.)
7: I would actually say Yes, but it would take some effort.
8: Yes. It would take some effort, though not quite as much as with Superman.
9: I don't know. But the blade of a lightsaber isn't "hot," so much as it forces the molecules of a solid to get hot when it touches them.

A lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Uru. Or Vibranium. It wouldn't be able to cut the Human Torch either because of the plasma field he generates around his body. It'd be just like a lightsaber hitting another lightsaber. It would do absolutely nothing to Superman, Thor, or the Human Torch.

In conclusion, a lightsaber would be wholly ineffective against everything on that list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users