#21 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

What people don't usually realize is that the Divine Comedy was a satire of the corruption in the Church and the problems of the Middle-Ages, in comparison to the Ancient Period.

They also don't realize that it's also a love letter to a woman that Dante loved but never dared to advance on.

Epic originally means long poem. Therefore the Divine Comedy is an epic.

#22 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

It's 2010 and it seems to be the greatest gaming year ever. Bayonetta,Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and red Dead Redemption all in the first quarter, our wallets will be empty and we will be in debt by the end of this year. What game are you most excited for?

#23 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

I want none of the games mentioned above, with the possible exception of Bayonetta. Even then, doubt I'll bother with it. Only game I'm looking forward to is Super Street Fighter 4, and that's just an expansion on a previous game.

#24 ParaBoss

ParaBoss

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Have you played the free demo of Bayonetta? Fighting system is insanely over-the-top but also seems deep enough. Too bad if you're a PS3 owner though - I hear the 360 version is way better.
And I'd probably play SF4 if I knew how to use charge-move characters.

#25 ParaBoss

ParaBoss

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles now; first game I've played that has RTS elements in it. It's very surprising that Sega can make a great game like this and produce crap for their mascot Sonic.

I must say that if you're one of those who like to powerlevel in their games, it's very easy to do so in this one and to be honest it breaks the game a little bit.

#26 geomease

geomease

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

Got the Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta demos. My analysis on both.

Bayonetta: very polished and smooth action game. Like the origional DMC it's got some very fluid gameplay and the protagonist just oozes sex appeal and flair. Hell even exal and I were amazed at just walking around slowly with her sexy walk. And the over the top execution sequences were devlishly yummy. I will be getting this game at one point for a great many reasons, but probably after I beat Fallout3 GotY edition with at least 2 characters.

Dante's Inferno: epic poem, cyinical parody, God of War Clone, all of these are true. Does that make it bad? The first 2 not necessarily, the second well... I love the God of War games and their combat mechanics, well aside from the timed button sequences of course had quite enough of those thankyouverymuch. What I do like is the level of customization to your moveset is far far FAR more advanced than GoW. there are 2 skill sets you can level holy and unholy that give different skills and abilities and supposedly the game totes 60+ abilitires to choose from. It'd be nice if you were forced to coose which ones to pick rather than have the ability to take them all which would take away from the impact of making choices I think. So if you like GoW or epic peoms/parodies/whatever, then theres a good chance you'll enjoy this game. Also there was boobage and it looked a hell of a lot better than in GoW.

#27 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

I want none of the games mentioned above, with the possible exception of Bayonetta. Even then, doubt I'll bother with it. Only game I'm looking forward to is Super Street Fighter 4, and that's just an expansion on a previous game.

im looking forward to Super Street Fighter 4 as well........

#28 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

I wanna play the Assassins creed 2 and the new Alien vs Predator game.

#29 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

DC Universe Online better rock my world, otherwise the new City of Heroes expansion will have to do for 2010.

#30 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

DC Universe Online better rock my world, otherwise the new City of Heroes expansion will have to do for 2010.

DCU online seems really intrersting, though I wish I could find some more info about the character creator.

Anyways Ill stat talking about upcoming releases later, but I wanna say something first:

:) Damn you lucasarts!!! Once again youve reeled me in with nothing but a teaser trailer...leaving me exited and clueless.Hope this ones good.

#31 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

"Star Wars: The Old Republic."

Game of the year, anyone? Nobody? Just me? Rats!

#32 ribbonz

ribbonz

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Cricket any sport really.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

I wanna play the Assassins creed 2 and the new Alien vs Predator game.

A.C 2 is awesome the new AVP will be SWEET!! DCU is only for PC and PS3 i only have an XBOX DAMN IT!! And the Marvel universe game for XBOX has been canceled!! SHOOT!!

#33 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up. DC has a tendency to be two to five years behind the times, or to just come up with complete crap. Then again Arkham Asylum was actually awesome.

My expectation is that, just like Justice League Heroes was a DC-themed clone of X Men Legends (in spite of coming out after X Men Legends II and Marvel Ultimate Alliance,) DCUOnline will more than likely be a CoH clone, post CoV.

#34 Joecorp

Joecorp

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

DC Universe Online is on the PC as well.

#35 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

"Star Wars: The Old Republic."

Game of the year, anyone? Nobody? Just me? Rats!

I'm actually looking forward to that as well and could seriously be Game of The Year.

#36 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

I'm actually looking forward to that as well and could seriously be Game of The Year.

Thirded, if its anything like KOTOR in terms of enjoyment thisll be helluva fun. Ive only got one issue to resolve on the matter now:

Smuggler or Jedi Knight?...Bounty hunter looks good too. Damn, This is gonna take forever for me to choose a starting class. Then theres species to decide from....

#37 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:36 AM

Human Male Smuggler = Han Solo = Reason the Original trilogy was better than the Prequels.

#38 Houdinimachine

Houdinimachine

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

Seriously? Mass Effect has a pretty well written storyline.

#39 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Is The Old Republic an MMO? I'ma be pissed if it is.

#40 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Is The Old Republic an MMO? I'ma be pissed if it is.

um, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users