#3401 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

I remember doing all the side quests with my friend, up to a certain point. Then I was just like "I can't do this anymore" and beat the game. After a while, the side quests just get tedious to me. The only time I can do something other than run in and kill everything is if tactics are involved, like a strategy game. So fetch quests almost always kill games for me.

How do you pick guns? I think Damage is the most impressive stat, but I'm not really sure. I guess that's part of the beauty of the game. I noticed that the rarer items (orange, purple, blue) are usually better, but there are a number of exceptions, so I can't even rely on that.

#3402 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

How do you pick guns? I think Damage is the most impressive stat, but I'm not really sure. I guess that's part of the beauty of the game. I noticed that the rarer items (orange, purple, blue) are usually better, but there are a number of exceptions, so I can't even rely on that.

Colors help, but names/red letters/required levels help more. Red letters mean it's a special type of weapon with a special effect. A blue weapon for level 10 won't do shit against a white weapon for level 30. If it has a special name, chances are that it's a special boss drop and has red lettering in the description. However, I just look at stats, and if they're good stats, I try the gun out and see if I like it. I've had great stat guns but stuck with lesser stat guns because I like the way they handle. Guns are way more important in 2, with their being actual differences between brands and stuff. Shields and mods go the same way. In 2, I kept a shield like ten to fifteen levels past its use level because it was so damn good. Explosion blasts at shield depletion and FFYL ftw!

#3403 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

DOUBLE POAST.

I'm totally fucked in BLands 2. Once you hit Level 50 and achieve Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, that just sets every enemy to Level 50, including in True Vault Hunter Mode. So I either rape noobs and get nothing for it in Regular mode, have quite a few fights for my life to get some decent booty in True Vault Hunter Mode, or eat my own butthole and get nothing because all I do is die in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Decisions, decisions.

#3404 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

I remember playing Jaeger and Nova in Halo 3 once. Holy shit I was raped, but it was fun. 

That's more or less what happens to me when Jaeger and I end up going head to head.

Goddamn l33t skillz. :P

#3405 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Despite Nova montage training while I was slaving away at college, I still murdered in Halo Reach...

*coughs*

:P

#3406 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

For some of you that are not so informed about getting into PC. I offer you this!!!

H4CK4.jpg

^^^Click to enlarge.

#3407 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Despite Nova montage training while I was slaving away at college, I still murdered in Halo Reach...

*coughs*

:P

You cocky mother*vulgarity*er, fight me IRL!!!

#3408 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Has anyone played Deadpool yet?

#3409 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Borderlands is actually genuinely funny. If only they gave Scooter more lines.

#3410 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Have you played BLands 2 yet? BLands 2 is quite literally an upgrade in EVERYTHING non-gameplay wise. Story, dialogue, everything. There are parts that I actually laughed out loud at.

#3411 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

You cocky motherfucker, fight me IRL!!!

You're drunk. Go home Ronan.

#3412 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Mister Applebee.

#3413 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Have you played BLands 2 yet? BLands 2 is quite literally an upgrade in EVERYTHING non-gameplay wise. Story, dialogue, everything. There are parts that I actually laughed out loud at.

Yeah, I heard it was great, like it has an actual story. I'm almost done with Borderlands, hopefully my gaming computer (the parts at least) arrive any day now so I can play BL 2 on not-Lowest settings. I want the guns at least to have more definition. I, erm, acquired all of the DLC for Borderlands, so I'm gonna play through that too. I want an Eridian weapon. Also, this late in the game (Level 29) and I've only found 2 Goddamn Orange-Level guns. I mean come on, not even a single god damn Eridian weapon either.

#3414 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, I heard it was great, like it has an actual story. I'm almost done with Borderlands, hopefully my gaming computer (the parts at least) arrive any day now so I can play BL 2 on not-Lowest settings. I want the guns at least to have more definition. I, erm, acquired all of the DLC for Borderlands, so I'm gonna play through that too. I want an Eridian weapon. Also, this late in the game (Level 29) and I've only found 2 Goddamn Orange-Level guns. I mean come on, not even a single god damn Eridian weapon either.

Don't worry about it. Eridian guns suck. I hate them and never use them. The DLC for Borderlands is buyable. I never played much into the Zombie one but I always wanted to go far in Moxxi's, but they kinda broke it. Maybe I'm just terrible, but if you die, you have to restart, and you have like twenty five stages to go through, and they don't get any easier. The Armory one is pretty fantastical while Claptrap's Revolution I never played all the way through either.

For Borderlands 2, I heavily heavily heavily recommend Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Destruction and Tiny Tina's DLC. The other two are optional, but if you can get the season pass cheap, do it.

#3415 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Last of Us was seriously amazing. The ending was unexpected and perfectly done, without being completely mind-blowing and what a twist-y ala Infinite.

#3416 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

GODDAMMIT I JUST GOT ADDICTED TO TERRARIA.

"Meh, I'll try it again" *9 hours later* "Oh holy shit it's 8 in the morning."

#3417 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I did this to you.

#3418 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

BTW, does anyone here play Blacklight Retribution? It's an online shooter game similar to Call of Duty and the like, but set in the future, with cool weapon customization (you can change the body armor, leg armor, helmets, weapons and backpack loadouts of your soldiers along with different muzzles, barrels, receivers, stocks, grips, magazines, sights and cammo on your guns) and a cool "Everyone can see everyone on the map when you activate your helmet" function that keeps people from camping. It's also free.

#3419 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's official. Claptrap has supplanted EDI and HK-47 as the awesomest video game cybernetic character of all time.

#3420 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

You know what's up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users