• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

Woo! Another vague-topic thread!

Anyways, I watched an episode of Adventure Time last week (there was a marathon going on), and man, I have no words to describe it. It was like someone locked a group of five year olds in a room and forced them to write a script, then ripped up that script and forced a fifteen year old to re-write it even though he had never even read the original script. This script was then animated on two outdated Macs, both of which are running Windows for some reason.

So, yes, it was pretty good. Got some good laughs.

But Flapjack and Chowder? Bah. Their creators shall be the first to go when Google establishes a new world order!

Wg=hat's wrong with Flap? I like Chowder, but I can see why people don't like that, but Flapjack? Underneath that happy go lucky boy, the show has a lot of cynicism.

To be honest I really don't care for any of CN's new shows (especially those "CN Real" shows, thank god most of them stopped production).

Phineas and Ferb on the other hand is awesome. Planty the Potted Plant is by far my favorite character from that show, shame he was only in 1 episode.

On the Avatar side of things, the new series (of course) looks awesome, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about mixing steampunk and Avatar.

Avatar already had a few steampunk influences, like The Air Temple that was converted into a more industrial state.

#82 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

Wg=hat's wrong with Flap? I like Chowder, but I can see why people don't like that, but Flapjack? Underneath that happy go lucky boy, the show has a lot of cynicism.

Well, the reason that I don't really care for Flapjack isn't so much because I think it's absolute crap. Its that there's just has something about it I can't really explain that I don't like.

Avatar already had a few steampunk influences, like The Air Temple that was converted into a more industrial state.

Yeah that's true, but it wasn't on anywhere near the same scale or level of advancement as the city seems like it's going to be. Avatar always had a very pure... naturey feel to me. Obviously, the exceptions were FN tech and The Northern Temple, but that just made them all the more wrong on some level.

#83 575david

575david

Released the Kraken

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Cool a new avatar I hope it's as good as the original.

#84 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

Behold, the Official Post of Old Person Cartoon Greatness:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ClBxrTdhW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Y-e13EqK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s

Plus this which is the live action part of a cartoon which is too full of awesome not to include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9n2nCqTJ_I

#85 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Ok, anyone else wanna see Batman The Animated Series back on the air? I'm talking the 90's version with Mark Hamill as the Joker, Bruce Timm's design, the show that took it's audience seriously. Anyone else wanna see this show back on the air?

#86 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Soberguy for the win!!!

#87 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Ok, anyone else wanna see Batman The Animated Series back on the air? I'm talking the 90's version with Mark Hamill as the Joker, Bruce Timm's design, the show that took it's audience seriously. Anyone else wanna see this show back on the air?

Yes, but I also want Batman:TBAB back too. Yes, BTAS was great, but do the same thing too much and it got boring. Brave and the Bold brought a refreshing look to Batman that hasn't been seen in years. When people try dissing the show as "not the true Batman", I always think of this quote.

"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots than the tortured avenger crying out for mommy and daddy."
—Bat-Mite-From the show itself.

#88 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

the new avatar series is a must... <_<

#89 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

Yes, but I also want Batman:TBAB back too. Yes, BTAS was great, but do the same thing too much and it got boring. Brave and the Bold brought a refreshing look to Batman that hasn't been seen in years. When people try dissing the show as "not the true Batman", I always think of this quote.

"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots than the tortured avenger crying out for mommy and daddy."
—Bat-Mite-From the show itself.

Agreed on both counts. BTAS was an amazing cartoon, but if all they did was show old reruns it would get old quick and it would kind of ruin it.
The Brave and the Bold, while about as different as possible from any modern incarnations of Batman can be pretty entertaining. If you can get past the fact that it's a completely different take on Bats and that you shouldn't take it as seriously as the animated series, it's actually pretty good. They managed to strike a balance between the... (for lack of a better word) hokiness of the Adam West version and still allowing you to at least take it seriously enough not to laugh every time something terrible happens to Batman. Now I'm not saying that the show is amazing, but it's quite refreshing and fun to watch.

#90 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

I totally agree on the Brave & the Bold. That show is incredibly entertaining. I just wish Marvel had thought of something like it (with Spider Man & Marvel Team Up).

And the nostalgia is too much! Someone call a lifeguard, cause I'm drowning in it!

Note: But seriously, the old stuff was great, but we need to move on. The world's next greatest show is out there... Waiting...

#91 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:23 AM

I totally agree on the Brave & the Bold. That show is incredibly entertaining. I just wish Marvel had thought of something like it (with Spider Man & Marvel Team Up).

And the nostalgia is too much! Someone call a lifeguard, cause I'm drowning in it!

Note: But seriously, the old stuff was great, but we need to move on. The world's next greatest show is out there... Waiting...

*Throws Marv a life preserver (don't feel like swimming)*

But yeah agreed on the nostalgia part. The awesome old stuff was great and is still great to go back to now and then, but you need to know when to let go of it and move on. Now that doesn't mean that you should stop liking it (definitely not), but don't just go around complaining that they should bring it back to the prime time line-up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users