Photo

Pre-Retcon Beyonder vs Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet - Who wins?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

I got this idea from the "PR-Beyonder vs Galactus" thread. It was obvious there that the Pre-Retcon Beyonder would absolutely ra-pe a 100% Galactus. So I thought I'd try to level the playing field.

So who wins this epic clash to end all clashes?

Pre-Retcon Beyonder vs Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet (With all 6 gems) and (if needed) the Heart of the Universe?

#2 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

I got this idea from the "PR-Beyonder vs Galactus" thread. It was obvious there that the Pre-Retcon Beyonder would absolutely ra-pe a 100% Galactus. So I thought I'd try to level the playing field.

So who wins this epic clash to end all clashes?

Pre-Retcon Beyonder vs Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet (With all 6 gems)?

Well... Pre Retcon Beyond was above the Living Tribunal... I believe the Living Tribunal can turn off the IG. If the Living Tribunal can do so and Pre Retcon Beyonder is above him, its safe to say he could in theory do that same.

#3 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

What if Thanos has the IG and the Heart of the Universe?

#4 LegendX

LegendX

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

Thanos via HotU pwnage.

#5 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

Well... Pre Retcon Beyond was above the Living Tribunal... I believe the Living Tribunal can turn off the IG. If the Living Tribunal can do so and Pre Retcon Beyonder is above him, its safe to say he could in theory do that same.

Theoretically the Living Tribunal should be above both the Beyonder and Thanos with the Heart of the Universe, as they each only have the full power of a single universe while the Tribunal governs many.

Thanos via HotU pwnage.

Yes, Thanos with the Heart of the Universe should equal the Beyonder in power, and Thanos is much less of an idiot.

#6 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Theoretically the Living Tribunal should be above both the Beyonder and Thanos with the Heart of the Universe, as they each only have the full power of a single universe while the Tribunal governs many.

Yes, Thanos with the Heart of the Universe should equal the Beyonder in power, and Thanos is much less of an idiot.

Yeah, that's true.

#7 LegendX

LegendX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

Theoretically the Living Tribunal should be above both the Beyonder and Thanos with the Heart of the Universe

Wait.. didn't Thanos absorb LT, along with everything else, with the HotU? Did I misinterpret those events?

#8 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Wait.. didn't Thanos absorb LT, along with everything else, with the HotU? Did I misinterpret those events?

Yes he did and no you didn't.

I did say theoretically. Writers don't always look at petty things like...facts... :mellow:

#9 LegendX

LegendX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Yes he did and no you didn't.

I did say theoretically. Writers don't always look at petty things like...facts... :mellow:

Gotcha...

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Huh. Let's look at these two.

Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet & Heart of the Universe:

Well, having the IG is pretty dumb. It'd be like being given a needle and a sword. The sword here being the HotU. Anyways, with the Heart, Thanos was the man. Even when the Living Tribunal summoned every Marvel character ever created, Thanos wasn't even remotely intimidated. When they failed, and the LT activated his backup plan (which was to summon every cosmic being ever created) Thanos was still unimpressed. A beatdown later, and no one was left.

In the end, Thanos absorbed the Marvel Multiverse, including the LT. There's even a panel where Thanos is the only thing left. Around him is complete darkness. Nothing else. So, he's a bad@$$.

Pre-Retcon Beyonder:
On the opposite side of that spectrum, is the Beyonder. Created to be the ultimate thing ever, the Beyonder fulfilled his objective too well. At the height of his power, Pre-Retcon Beyonder gave everything that existed a few hours to continue existing before he wiped everything out. The LT was literally peeing his pants at this point. As if to prove his point, Death was erased from existence, causing things to simply stop dying. You could literally crush a rose in your hand, and the rose would remain intact.

I realize that's not as cool as beating everyone down, but Pre-Retcon Beyonder would have carried out his threat had he not fought Pre-Retcon Molecule Man (who was the only one powerful enough to fight him).

Winner: Pre-Retcon Beyonder

Why: Well, despite the fact that Thanos with the HotU was the Lord of everything in the Marvel Multiverse, the Beyonder is still stronger. Why? Because Pre-Retcon Beyonder was everything outside the Marvel Multiverse. He was a scientist, and the Multiverse was a cell in his microscope. He was so much more powerful than anything anyone could imagine.

However, the writer is always more powerful, hence his retcon.

Pre-Retcon Beyonder ftw.

#11 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

Just curious, but how was Pre-Retcon Beyonder above The Living Tribunal when TLT is second only to one? The One Above All.

The One Above All is supposed to be more powerful than every single being ever, combined, at their peak. And if TLT is second only to him, then how did PRB pwn him? I thought TLT watched over the entire Omniverse (which holds all the multiverses, which holds all the universes?)

The Heart of the Universe, originally called Heart of the Infinite, is the most powerful object in the entire Marvel Comics Universe, above that of the Cosmic cubes, the Great Powers of the Universe, the Infinity Gauntlet, Phoenix Force, and even the Living Tribunal combined.

And even with the HOTU (plus Infinity Gauntlet) Thanos still loses to the Pre-Retcon Beyonder?! Damn! (Awesome breakdown Marvel Man)

#12 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

Just curious, but how was Pre-Retcon Beyonder above The Living Tribunal when TLT is second only to one? The One Above All.

Well yeah, it was kind of wierd, which is why part of the retcon was that the Beyonder didn't actually beat all of those cosmics but that they were in fact just "playing along" to humor the poor guy. ;)

#13 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Ah, that sucks. It's kinda lame how all these outragiously powerful guys were retconed to be WAY less powerful. I wish all the comic book characters could have kept their outragiously high power levels and only been updated through their personalities.

#14 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

Maybe TOAA created the Pre-Retcon Beyonder as an experiment to see how much of a douche an ignorant being with omnipotence could be, and then depowered him once he found out the Beyonder was beginning to get out of hand?

#15 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

Well, the Beyonder is probably the greatest comic example of the phrase "How the mighty have fallen".

Then: Omni-Everything. The man was reality. He was backhanding the Multiverse, then demanding the Multiverse apologize for being so backhand-able.

*Retcon*

Now: After it was revealed that all his awesome deeds were just in his head, the Beyonder was turned into a woman, then merged with Molecule Man and another being to create their "true form". This true form was a talking cosmic cube (like what the Red Skull used to try to take over the world). As if this wasn't pathetic enough, the Beyonder (in female form) was also killed in Annihilation by an explosion (He was near this space prison when the Annihilation wave attacked). Oh, and his death? It was off panel!

Note: However, according to Bendis' Illuminate (Proffesor X, Reed Richards, Doc Strange, Namor, Iron Man and Black Bolt) story, the Beyoner was actually an inhuman no one remembers. He lives on one of Saturn's moons, where he has a little city he puts in danger/then saves. Very sad. However, this was before Annihilation, so somewhere in between that, he turned into a woman and was killed.

#16 Dreadlock

Dreadlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:55 PM

So then I guess the only being above Pre-Retcon Beyonder is The One Above All?

And to me, it's CRAZY that Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet (Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over each aspect of the universe: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power) in addition with the Heart of the Universe, couldn't make himself at least able to be in Pre-Retcon Beyonder's realm, seeing his own "molecule" of a multiverse from Beyonder's microscope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users