• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#41 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Or don't...

Why not? the XBox 360 out sells the PS3 in just about Everything except for PS3 Exclusive titles, and even some of them are coming over the the Xbox... IGN inside informant from Insomniac Games, makers of Ratchet and Clank and Resistance, said that they were beginning to develop their games into Multi-Platform titles to take advantage of the greater sales they could get from being on the Xbox360 and Wii.

No it isn't just best of the 360s

It's the Best of the 360's and as the 360 is generally superior to the Playstation makes it the best system on the market today.

You're right the gets the Red Dot of Death

Actually show me a 360 Slim that has the RRoD and I'll show you a non-photoshoped Chicken with Teeth. As for the other editions of the Xbox 360 the later models such as the Halo, CoD, and Elites (All fairly old as they are) have failure rates so low that they are negligible, and in most cases are actually the result of User Error, or mistreatment of the Console.

And doesn't feel like wasting time to fix something that shouldn't be wrong...

Well, the RRoD was fixed long ago, you PStards only like to drag it back up because it Was a problem. And like any console if you leave it in a confined area with too much dust or dander or even kick it around, or leave it running for days at a time (My Xbox Elite did all of this before eventually RRoDing, but it shows just how much Mistreatment they can take before fail) then they will fail.

No it doesn't yes it is, but much... MUCH rarer of PS3's get that as opposed to the 33% of 360's

Um... maybe you should take English Class again... what are you saying? No it doesn't Fail, but yes it does Fail?

As for your numbers, they are skewed by previous editions of the Xbox and their failure rates. Modern Xbox's have Significantly lower rates or Failing than previous editions, and as such has turned that 33% into an untrue, outdated statistic. Actually reports say that with the newer editions failure rates are well below 4%. As for the Playstations Yellow Light of Death, their statistics are around the 10% mark.

Though a good thing has come of the RRoD for the XBox, a really great warranty program, that covers Years of use. Whereas the Plastation only has a ONE Year warrently and after that if you get a Yellow Light of Death, you're shit out of luck and have to pay out of pocket to Sony to get it fixed.

#42 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

Oh and another thing, KINECT, something that Sony doesn't have. That should give it an edge against the Blu Ray player and whatnot, no?

Actually Sony does have their version... except they use a Glowing Dildo for a Controller...

Posted Image

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Actually Sony does have their version... except they use a Glowing Dildo for a Controller...

Posted Image

That explains why I don't know about it as I avoided it when I saw that... >.>

#44 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

He's only suggesting that if SoberGuy does get a 360. Why countermand him?

Read it wrong he wrote gone.. Sorry about that.

And its not as if it wasn't obvious he was talking about the 360 as he had said "if you're gonna get a 360" in his previous statement.

^^^

Well, now we all know what to watch out for regarding these models, thanks.

You're welcome

People are lazy, no surprise there. And its true, some don't bother taking care of their stuff and its usually more the person's fault that they overheat rather than the console itself. Such instances would be leaving it on for days and such.

Tis be true as well.

In actuality, he's comparing the rate of time both consoles take to overheat, and the 360 does overheat faster than the PS3, which is something that should be looked into. Hopefully when the 720 rolls around, that issue will be solved and it might just have the Blu Ray player or the next best thing at the time. <_<

Honestly, a cheaper 360 with 250 gigs memory, quieter, less likely to overheat more than the other models, and a built in WIFI as well as the slimness of it makes it a contender with the PS3, only falling short against their Blu Ray players and their disks. Able to browse the internet for free via PS3? Well... you already have a computer for that, so not really a big deal. Also, you are using the internet connection from your computer to do the browsing, so in a sense, you are paying for it...

Yes it's free and I like it because I don't have to move across the room (lazy me ;) ) and a bigger monitor! Also fast easy access to cheats.

Oh and another thing, KINECT, something that Sony doesn't have. That should give it an edge against the Blu Ray player and whatnot, no?

ONLY if they capitalize on it th right way. Which microsoft never seems to do right.

#45 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

Practice makes perfect! or something along these lines. ;)

#46 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

The slim is the best version because it is more quite and they fixed it more.

#47 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Why not? the XBox 360 out sells the PS3 in just about Everything except for PS3 Exclusive titles, and even some of them are coming over the the Xbox... IGN inside informant from Insomniac Games, makers of Ratchet and Clank and Resistance, said that they were beginning to develop their games into Multi-Platform titles to take advantage of the greater sales they could get from being on the Xbox360 and Wii.

It's the Best of the 360's and as the 360 is generally superior to the Playstation makes it the best system on the market today.

Actually show me a 360 Slim that has the RRoD and I'll show you a non-photoshoped Chicken with Teeth. As for the other editions of the Xbox 360 the later models such as the Halo, CoD, and Elites (All fairly old as they are) have failure rates so low that they are negligible, and in most cases are actually the result of User Error, or mistreatment of the Console.

Well, the RRoD was fixed long ago, you PStards only like to drag it back up because it Was a problem. And like any console if you leave it in a confined area with too much dust or dander or even kick it around, or leave it running for days at a time (My Xbox Elite did all of this before eventually RRoDing, but it shows just how much Mistreatment they can take before fail) then they will fail.

Um... maybe you should take English Class again... what are you saying? No it doesn't Fail, but yes it does Fail?

As for your numbers, they are skewed by previous editions of the Xbox and their failure rates. Modern Xbox's have Significantly lower rates or Failing than previous editions, and as such has turned that 33% into an untrue, outdated statistic. Actually reports say that with the newer editions failure rates are well below 4%. As for the Playstations Yellow Light of Death, their statistics are around the 10% mark.

Though a good thing has come of the RRoD for the XBox, a really great warranty program, that covers Years of use. Whereas the Plastation only has a ONE Year warrently and after that if you get a Yellow Light of Death, you're shit out of luck and have to pay out of pocket to Sony to get it fixed.

*Sigh*

1: The PS3 is outselling the XBOX360 currently (not overall)

2: That's you're opinion.

3: Posted Image Where's that non-photoshoped picture of chicken with teeth? And I know they're do to Error and mistreatment as is the same with PS3...

4: Fixed as in made to last longer? Yes. Fixed as in fixed for good? No! whats with the insults?

5: No it doesn't overheat faster, yes yellow light is just as bad. Sorry for my grammer im tired I stayed up all night playing battle stadium D.O.N. ;)

6: You are using the same logic for the PS3....

7: But if it doesn't RDOD/YL you don't need the warranty I haven't needed to use mine in either cases.

#48 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

That explains why I don't know about it as I avoided it when I saw that... >.>

It does look odd, I must agree on that heh.

But I think I prefer the move because of Heros on the Move!

;)

#49 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I just gave my ps3 to my cousin.

Ps3 is just fancy that is all. It is not really gaming. It is like 65%gaming while 360 is 86%.

Ps3 has all this blu ray and other stuff I just want a console to game not for other stuff.

But I have to be honest even though I dislike the wii the wii is 100% gaming but the wii is just for family.

But with kinect comes wii is dome for. 360 will have both Hardcore gamers and family gamers.

#50 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

*Sigh*

3: Posted Image Where's that non-photoshoped picture of chicken with teeth? And I know they're do to Error and mistreatment as is the same with PS3...

4: Fixed as in made to last longer? Yes. Fixed as in fixed for good? No! whats with the insults?

5: No it doesn't overheat faster, yes yellow light is just as bad. Sorry for my grammer im tired I stayed up all night playing battle stadium D.O.N. ;)

7: But if it doesn't RDOD/YL you don't need the warranty I haven't needed to use mine in either cases.

That is just to warn you bro. When it is over heating.

It just shuts down and the ps3 does that too.

#51 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

I just gave my ps3 to my cousin.

Ps3 is just fancy that is all. It is not really gaming. It is like 65%gaming while 360 is 86%.

Ps3 has all this blu ray and other stuff I just want a console to game not for other stuff.

But I have to be honest even though I dislike the wii the wii is 100% gaming but the wii is just for family.

But with kinect comes wii is dome for. 360 will have both Hardcore gamers and family gamers.

I hate the Wii to.

Wiitard... now that has a ring to it!

XD

#52 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

That is just to warn you bro. When it is over heating.

It just shuts down and the ps3 does that too.

It remains permanent when it fails to shut down, it's rare but does happen.

#53 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

I hate the Wii to.

Wiitard... now that has a ring to it!

XD

Posted Image

My family has the wii and no one plays it.

The wii is a ripoff. They trick you into buying it. You really dont use motion that much but mostly buttons.

#54 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

It does look odd, I must agree on that heh.

But I think I prefer the move because of Heros on the Move!

;)

Heh.

Also, lol, Wiitard... >.>

#55 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

It remains permanent when it fails to shut down, it's rare but does happen.

I did not happen to me yet.

But it does happen to the ps3 IF YOU PLAY IT TO MUCH.

That is why I said lazy people do not take care of there stuff. This is espensive hardware not like ps2 or gamecube. You have to take care of it.

Both 360 and ps3 still have there disc problems.

#56 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

I did not happen to me yet.

But it does happen to the ps3 IF YOU PLAY IT TO MUCH.

That is why I said lazy people do not take care of there stuff. This is espensive hardware not like ps2 or gamecube. You have to take care of it.

Both 360 and ps3 still have there disc problems.

1: As I said... rare.

2: But it's rare.

3: Yep.

4: Yep.

#57 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

No, the XBox pretty much out sells EVERYTHING that isn't a Playstation exclusive title.

Call of Duty? Xbox had figure around 8 million copies sold... PS3? Had half that with around 4 million... the numbers are the same for just about Every Top Selling game shared between the consoles.

Not opinion when all the numbers back me up. The Xbox out sells Playstations, it has a much greater demand, and thus more people enjoy the Xbox. If more people enjoy the Xbox then that makes it a better system.

Very well, but how do I know that that isn't photoshoped or rigged to show that. Using some gas and a remote lighter I can make it appear that the PS3 spontaneously combusts when not watched like a hawk... But anyway here's that pick I owe you.

http://www.scientifi...cken-grows-alli

Um... what the frak are you talking about? They fixed the main problem that was causing the RRoD in all newer models, but it can still happen if you mistreat the system, which is probably what that guy did for the Slim. The Same thing can happen to ANY SYSTEM if you mistreat it. So I think you're starting to talk out of your ass on this.

I never said that it overheats faster. I just pulled out the statistics that stated that 10% of PS3s fail with the Yellow Light of Death, and that numbers of Red Ring of Death on the XBox have dropped to as low as 4%. Then I stated that the XBox had a superior warranty Because of its Past troubles with said failures, which have been fixed.

No I am not actually, all numbers as of 2009 state that out of Current Xboxs only >4% suffer from RRoD, whereas out of PS3s up to 10% suffer from Yellow Light of Death.

Yes, but the Extended Warranty for the XBox is a given whereas you would have to Pay through the Nose for such a thing on the PS3.

#58 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Yes the slim is the best out of all of them. It is selling more. It has wife,it is kinect ready,better online,better harddrive,touch sensitive,more saving,etc,etc

OH GOD, THEY'RE BREEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, Stranglehold, I highly advise you to just stop posting on this thread. Your illiteracy isn't helping the 360's cause.

#59 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

OH GOD, THEY'RE BREEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, Stranglehold, I highly advise you to just stop posting on this thread. Your illiteracy isn't helping the 360's cause.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I see moderater under your name no.

So I can post anytime I wan't.

IKA said Slim is not the best 360 model and I responded by saing it has good things with it.

#60 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

No, the XBox pretty much out sells EVERYTHING that isn't a Playstation exclusive title.

Call of Duty? Xbox had figure around 8 million copies sold... PS3? Had half that with around 4 million... the numbers are the same for just about Every Top Selling game shared between the consoles.

Not opinion when all the numbers back me up. The Xbox out sells Playstations, it has a much greater demand, and thus more people enjoy the Xbox. If more people enjoy the Xbox then that makes it a better system.

Very well, but how do I know that that isn't photoshoped or rigged to show that. Using some gas and a remote lighter I can make it appear that the PS3 spontaneously combusts when not watched like a hawk... But anyway here's that pick I owe you.

http://www.scientifi...cken-grows-alli

Um... what the frak are you talking about? They fixed the main problem that was causing the RRoD in all newer models, but it can still happen if you mistreat the system, which is probably what that guy did for the Slim. The Same thing can happen to ANY SYSTEM if you mistreat it. So I think you're starting to talk out of your ass on this.

I never said that it overheats faster. I just pulled out the statistics that stated that 10% of PS3s fail with the Yellow Light of Death, and that numbers of Red Ring of Death on the XBox have dropped to as low as 4%. Then I stated that the XBox had a superior warranty Because of its Past troubles with said failures, which have been fixed.

No I am not actually, all numbers as of 2009 state that out of Current Xboxs only >4% suffer from RRoD, whereas out of PS3s up to 10% suffer from Yellow Light of Death.

Yes, but the Extended Warranty for the XBox is a given whereas you would have to Pay through the Nose for such a thing on the PS3.

1: More people own a 360, but PS3 is selling better.

More people own a 360 so they buy a game for that.

as for PS3 they buy it and save for games.

2: Nothing is fact about it. I like PS3 better you like 360 better both opinions.

3: Have you ever known me to use false proof?

4: Exactly what I was stating.

5: Strangel did, I was clarifying my statment like you asked.

6: I'll look into it.

7: 360 does have a better warranty I'll give you that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users