• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#21 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Ratchet and clank is coming out for Xbox. I don't think a few extra Joker Challenge levels should determine what system Soberguy buys.

True, but where is this R&C is coming out on XBOX coming from? i just checked Wikipedia and it still lists All 4 One as a PS3 exclusive? But even so, PS3 is getting Mass Effect 2 with extra content, so it'd be fair if that happened, but could someone give me a link?

#22 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks again guys for the advice. It's given me more to think about re: the XBox. I do like some of the exclusives and XBox live is much cheaper than I had assumed. Not sure its enough to sway me, but it's given me pause for sure. I have the kids all this week so of course now they are getting their votes in as well. My son had the obvious solution that I simply buy BOTH systems. Spoken like a kid who never pays for anything! ;)

#23 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

Personally I say PS3 is the way to go.

PS3 = Free online play/internet browser and bluray player.

Better is ALL PS3 games are on Bluray discs making it much more difficult to scratch them.

I think PS3 makes better exclusives though some will argue.

PS3: God of War, Metal Gear, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Twisted Metal, Time Crisis, SOCOM, etc..

vs.

360: Halo, Fable, Gears of war, Crack Down, Left 4 Dead (Rumors say 3 won't be exclusive since valve made Portal 2 for PS3 though), Zoids, etc...

And PS3 are actually out selling 360's now since 33% of all 360 crash in a year opposed to the .02% of PS3's

as for GB I have a 250GB 360 (got it for my birthday) and I haven't put a dent on it, a 40GB is enough room.

Only thing better about a 360 is it is backwars compatible, PS3 isn't unless you get the rare 80GB (60GB?)

#24 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Personally I say PS3 is the way to go.

PS3 = Free online play/internet browser and bluray player.

You're paying for that Free Online play in the base price tag... and if you want a Blue Ray Player, get a freakin Blue Ray player, quieter and much better...

Better is ALL PS3 games are on Bluray discs making it much more difficult to scratch them.

I've played horribly scratched up 360 games... no problem what so ever, amazing really

I think PS3 makes better exclusives though some will argue.

The many Halo titles are good, better than Killzone, and with Gears that adds to it, the rest I could give or take and also many PS exclusives are fleeing the system

PS3: God of War, Metal Gear, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Twisted Metal, Time Crisis, SOCOM, etc..

God of War sucks and is an embarrassment to video games. I would play Metal Gear if I wanted to watch a movie that I couldn't play. What's Resistance? Ratchet and Clank are no longer PS exclusive. Infamous what? Twisted Metal... yeah, ok, if you call that a game. I thought that Time Crisis was an Arcade game, a bad arcade game... SOCOM, yeah, there are much better titles elsewhere...

vs.

360: Halo, Fable, Gears of war, Crack Down, Left 4 Dead (Rumors say 3 won't be exclusive since valve made Portal 2 for PS3 though), Zoids, etc...

Halo has H3, ODST and Reach and is one of the best sci-fi FPS out there. Gears is also a good series. Crack Down could have been ok... as for L4D well it's just Rumors.

And PS3 are actually out selling 360's now since 33% of all 360 crash in a year opposed to the .02% of PS3's

No, they're "Out Selling" because anyone who wanted a Good Console already has a 360...

as for GB I have a 250GB 360 (got it for my birthday) and I haven't put a dent on it, a 40GB is enough room.

True...

Only thing better about a 360 is it is backwars compatible, PS3 isn't unless you get the rare 80GB (60GB?)

Again, true...

Mine in Olive

#25 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:39 AM

I repeat. will someone give me a link for where this R&C info is coming from? My last post was ignored.

#26 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:35 AM

I repeat. will someone give me a link for where this R&C info is coming from? My last post was ignored.

Check IGN. If I heard about it, my bet is from there. It might just be a rumor, I'm not sure. To Skirmisher, you seem very anti-PS3. You have a rage about it. However, me personally, I hate Halo. Halo 1 was awesome, Halo 2 was decent, and Halo 3/ODST were steaming piles of crap. However, I always get excited for new Halo games. Gears of War also sucked to me. I played the first one, loved it, went back, hated it. I couldn't finish GoW2. God Of War, on the other hand, is an awesome game. I lol'd at your MGS comment though. InFamous, from what I heard, was a pretty good game. I hated SOCOM.

#27 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Skirmisher, did you have one of the older PS3's? Because I watch Blu-ray movies all the time and it's actually quite quiet.

The problem that I see is that it's not reverse compatible with the PS2 so it does cause some dislike at times. I have one of the thicker ones so I have a few reverse playable games.

That would be my main concern. How much do you like playing old PS2 games if you even play them at all?

#28 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Skirmisher, did you have one of the older PS3's? Because I watch Blu-ray movies all the time and it's actually quite quiet.

The problem that I see is that it's not reverse compatible with the PS2 so it does cause some dislike at times. I have one of the thicker ones so I have a few reverse playable games.

That would be my main concern. How much do you like playing old PS2 games if you even play them at all?

I've kept my regular Xbox for the sole reason of playing X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

#29 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

I've kept my regular Xbox for the sole reason of playing X-Men Legends 1 and 2.

Yeah I know the feeling. I kept my ps2 to play my ps1 games.

#30 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Mine in Olive

Skirm does seem to have serious rage against the 360. How the hell does Twisted Metal not count as a game? Last time I checked, Combat racing has been a genre for quite a while. Can you explain your hatred of god of War? In any case, those games has received critical acclaim from fans and critics alike and has already been said to be a contender for GOTY. It wouldn't hurt for Sober to try it seeing the response. MGS is a plot-orientated series and popularized the stealth genre. Without it, it's possible there would be no Splinter Cell and the like. But since you hate it so much, I assume you hate how Rising's coming over to shame your console? Again, need link for R&C, or that claim is not valid. inFamous is by the same guys who made Sly Cooper and has a good plot, open world and choices, and wide variety of electrical powers.

Oh, and I want to know what do you think of Uncharted? as the second won GOTY from several major game reviewers, that game series is a credit to the PS3.

#31 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Ah, think I've found this link. WRONG While it does mean they will develop a NEW IP for the 360, the article states thaT R&C will stay exclusive.

#32 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Can you explain your hatred of god of War?

I hate God of War, because of quite a few things...

The first point is the mechanics... your playing a game and then HIT A BUTTON!!! but your so busy HITTING A BUTTON!!! that you don't see the Game... The entire thing turns into one big movie that you have to HIT A BUTTON!!! for and because of that you can't actually see the movie... and what's worse is that it's infecting other games, the Force Unleashed, Indigo Prophesy, portions of Resident Evil 4, and I think Metroid the Other M is going to be infected with it too...

Seriously that game mechanic is no good... I played through the entire game of Indigo Prophesy in one setting, and didn't get more than a very vague indication of what the story was about because I was so busy HITTING A BUTTON!!! whenever something happened...

The Second point is that Kratos has this following of tards.... like how Wolverine had them after the X-Men movies, and how Batman still has them... one game and instantly he could take on Everyone in the CBUB database and win... And if you don't like Kratos all of a sudden you're points don't matter because you don't like Kratos...

There are other points, but these are the main ones...

#33 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

Mine in Olive

1: Um... no the Bluray is quiet on the newer (as of 2008...) systems. And The price is only 299.99 same as the "OK" 360 counsels

2: I didn't say you couldn't play them if they were scratched (though some you can't) but bluray causes more room on the disc less lag and just more enjoyment to your playing experience (MGS4 took full advantage.).

3: Your personal opinion... I personally HATE Halo games... and also no.. most PS3 exclusives are not fleeing and the makers of MGS series stated only Rising will make it to 360...

4: You're opinion...

5: The only one I like out of them is Fable...

6: Could be 1 of MULTIPLE reasons...

7: Yep..

8: Yep... At least you can admit that is the only thing better ;)

#34 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Just because it only got pointed out in the a small list, I feel I should point out the massive failure rates that all xbox's have, the infamous and dreaded red ring of death. I've heard that the failure rate ranges from 33-50%. Should point out it hasn't happened to me yet though

#35 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Personally, the red ring of death occurs more often because people don't keep their Boxes ventilated and cooled throughout long periods of use. Its never happened to me as my room is extremely cold and it keeps the Box from overheating. Getting a fan attachment also helps with this problem.

#36 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

Soberguy if your gone get a 360.

get the Xbos slim. It is the best outof all ofthem.

Plus the newer models of he 360 slim,elite,the cod edition do not get red rings of death.

That happens when dumb people don't take care of there stuff.

Plus ps3 over heats quickly and it gets the yellow light which is just as bad.

#37 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

Soberguy if your gone get a 360.

Or don't...

get the Xbos slim. It is the best outof all ofthem.

No it isn't just best of the 360s

Plus the newer models of he 360 slim,elite,the cod edition do not get red rings of death.

You're right the gets the Red Dot of Death

That happens when dumb people don't take care of there stuff.

And doesn't feel like wasting time to fix something that shouldn't be wrong...

Plus ps3 over heats quickly and it gets the yellow light which is just as bad.

No it doesn't yes it is, but much... MUCH rarer of PS3's get that as opposed to the 33% of 360's

Mine in blue

#38 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Mine in blue

Yes the slim is the best out of all of them. It is selling more. It has wife,it is kinect ready,better online,better harddrive,touch sensitive,more saving,etc,etc

Xbox slim does not get dot,ring whatevet because I have a slim and even if it does it will be hard.

Plus the console tells you if it is overheating.

Plus I use to have a ps3 and I had disc prolems.

1.My disc wont go in the ps3

2.my disc would get stuck.

3.The ps3 makes more noise and it gets the yellow.

#39 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Mine in blue

Or don't...

He's only suggesting that if SoberGuy does get a 360. Why countermand him?

No it isn't just best of the 360s

And its not as if it wasn't obvious he was talking about the 360 as he had said "if you're gonna get a 360" in his previous statement.

You're right the gets the Red Dot of Death

Well, now we all know what to watch out for regarding these models, thanks.

And doesn't feel like wasting time to fix something that shouldn't be wrong...

People are lazy, no surprise there. And its true, some don't bother taking care of their stuff and its usually more the person's fault that they overheat rather than the console itself. Such instances would be leaving it on for days and such.

No it doesn't yes it is, but much... MUCH rarer of PS3's get that as opposed to the 33% of 360's

In actuality, he's comparing the rate of time both consoles take to overheat, and the 360 does overheat faster than the PS3, which is something that should be looked into. Hopefully when the 720 rolls around, that issue will be solved and it might just have the Blu Ray player or the next best thing at the time. ;)

Honestly, a cheaper 360 with 250 gigs memory, quieter, less likely to overheat more than the other models, and a built in WIFI as well as the slimness of it makes it a contender with the PS3, only falling short against their Blu Ray players and their disks. Able to browse the internet for free via PS3? Well... you already have a computer for that, so not really a big deal. Also, you are using the internet connection from your computer to do the browsing, so in a sense, you are paying for it...

Oh and another thing, KINECT, something that Sony doesn't have. That should give it an edge against the Blu Ray player and whatnot, no?

#40 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

My son is far more impressed about Kinect than I am. If I want exercise, I'll shut off the video games and hit the gym. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users