#1 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

Who is the better assassin?

If you need someone whacked off and you needed it to be without a gun......Who would you employ?

The Furyian Ridd-ick or the ever dangerous Artemis Entreri?

I started to do this as a fight but the page expired on me so I'm putting it here in my defiance!

Please comment in full sentences so that we have rational debate. Yes Ridd-ick can have his Furyian powers and all his gear(except firearms) and Artemis will have his imfamous dagger and Charon's Claw, his sentient sword.

Just for the game sake let's make their target Nick Fury of shield.(Both or briefed on the lay-outs and the tech systems!)

So let the debate begins.......

Note: Both are in the database so please research!!!! There's no reason for ignorant banter!

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Here's my scenario,
Rid comes aboard, intent on slaughtering Fury. He advances slowly through the mob of SHIELD soldiers, cutting them down with ease. Little does he know, Entreri is following close behind taking advantage of Rid wasting his energy on the soldiers. Finally, Rid reaches Fury but Fury pulls out his big gun
Posted Image
and hits the wearied Rid easy, but Entreri sneaks behind Fury and strikes the death blow.

#3 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hmm...that's a tough one. I've seen them before, along with Drizzt. I know for sure that Rid can use his "Wrath of the Furyans" attack, but I believe Artemis would take it with Charon's Claw.

#4 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

Dude, i just looked at my avatar and its messed up! (i like it, though)

#5 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Guys! Wow already two for Art.......! Well it's still early!

I started to use Ezio from Assassins Creed vs Artemis but he was not in the Database(I Think)

Thanks Nova for the play by play....Though I think Ridd-ick is more stealthy than most of us give him credit for.

He the fights Monsters! I'm like you I think this is close but Art's weapon clearly give him an edge in my book.

Still this is tough....C'mon people I need more feedback!

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Ridsomeone should fix this stupid censor doesn't just wade into battle like Nova said. No he's something like the futures Ninja, good stealth skills and very adept at infiltration. If his target is Nick then I fully expect that Ridsomeone should fix this stupid censor would mysteriously appear inside his office while he's alone. The lights would go dark and the fun would start...

#7 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

Ridsomeone should fix this stupid censor doesn't just wade into battle like Nova said. No he's something like the futures Ninja, good stealth skills and very adept at infiltration. If his target is Nick then I fully expect that Ridsomeone should fix this stupid censor would mysteriously appear inside his office while he's alone. The lights would go dark and the fun would start...

Yeah that censor is dumb.....But I agree with what you said though you did not pick a winner. Unless you were saying Ridd_ick for the win.

In a sidebar. If no one comes for you by morning I will come and you know what I'm talkin about.......Other than that! Later!!!

#8 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yeah that censor is dumb.....But I agree with what you said though you did not pick a winner. Unless you were saying Ridd_ick for the win.

In a sidebar. If no one comes for you by morning I will come and you know what I'm talkin about.......Other than that! Later!!!

No it's not that, it's just that I'm not too familiar with Art. But isn't he a Fantasy character, a little out of place in a modern/futuristic setting... so wouldn't that be a slight handicap?

#9 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

No it's not that, it's just that I'm not too familiar with Art. But isn't he a Fantasy character, a little out of place in a modern/futuristic setting... so wouldn't that be a slight handicap?

Oh I really respect that....It is how I am on fights I'm unfamiliar with. I rather just pass them then sound goofy on the fight. If not I do my research! So you get my seal of approval. Thanks for stopping by atleast Skirmisher!

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Thanks Guys! Wow already two for Art.......! Well it's still early!

I started to use Ezio from Assassins Creed vs Artemis but he was not in the Database(I Think)

Thanks Nova for the play by play....Though I think Ridd-ick is more stealthy than most of us give him credit for.

He the fights Monsters! I'm like you I think this is close but Art's weapon clearly give him an edge in my book.

Still this is tough....C'mon people I need more feedback!

your welcome, Art. <_<

#11 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

No prob Nova.....

Anyone else have an opinon on the deadliest between the or atleast which one would complete the mission at hand!

#12 Diskyr

Diskyr

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Anything that suits me

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

whats so bad about saying ridI use bad words?

EDIT: what the hell? lol

#13 Austo191

Austo191

Here Comes the Pain!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:WWE, Video Games, Movies, and bringing the pain.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

The two are about to strike when Deadpool comes and cuts them both up.

#14 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Because of the time and the target, Ridd-ick gets the kill. Then Artemis kills him for stepping on his toes.

#15 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Because of the time and the target, Ridd-ick gets the kill. Then Artemis kills him for stepping on his toes.

Art hates his toes stepped on.......! Ridd-ick has the advantage of knowing future tech! But Artemis clearly has the advantage in weaponry. The rest is up to being the better assassin. In that regard who is better.

Killing is timeless. It started with Cane and Abel and will end over the very last drink of water.......LOL

#16 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

Art hates his toes stepped on.......! Ridd-ick has the advantage of knowing future tech! But Artemis clearly has the advantage in weaponry. The rest is up to being the better assassin. In that regard who is better.

Two assassins dropped on a barren planet with their target, given their choice of weapons and the contract, Artemis definitely has the advantage. With the setting involved in your set-up, Art requires too much time to acclimate to the surroundings before he can hunt. That gives Ridd-ick too much of a head start for him to overcome.

But Artemis is absolutely the better over-all assassin. If you put a version of Nick on Oerth and one on whatever planet is equivalently distant from whatever planet Ridd-ick happens to be on at the time, then simultaneously give them the contracts, Art would find and drop Nick first.

#17 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Two assassins dropped on a barren planet with their target, given their choice of weapons and the contract, Artemis definitely has the advantage. With the setting involved in your set-up, Art requires too much time to acclimate to the surroundings before he can hunt. That gives Ridd-ick too much of a head start for him to overcome.

But Artemis is absolutely the better over-all assassin. If you put a version of Nick on Oerth and one on whatever planet is equivalently distant from whatever planet Ridd-ick happens to be on at the time, then simultaneously give them the contracts, Art would find and drop Nick first.

I definitely see your reasoning. Ridd-ick has face down guns before and but I was thinking more of a measured precise stealthy attack. Clearly niether or a match for the full might of Shield! Or Fury in my reckoning(Being that he is aware of them).

But I while trying to stay unbias see Art as a better assassin. Ridd-ick is too cocky at times and faces enemies face to face. Art also enjoys the thrill of a fight but not at the cost of blowing a job. He's never been egotistical.....Only sure of his abilities!

Still both are more than capable of the task at hand! Still I wish more would join in on this debate. Though you've given me a lot of insight. Thx Homie!

#18 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

Agreed.

#19 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

Still I wish more would join in on this debate.

Me too

#20 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Me too

LOL........Did you edit.......LOL!

What happened to spreading the word! LOL
It's cool pay back for never finishing your stories yesterday huh.......
Actually I did read them both but I fell asleep and my wife took over my PC!

But thanks for the support buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users