- - - - -

CBUB's Post of the Post-less

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_KyleRayner88_*

Guest_KyleRayner88_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:04 AM

Has anyone else realised that no one is commenting on matches anymore? To prove it just go on CBUB and put the matches in order of number of posts... there are loads of fights with 0-1 posts and the highest I think is 17 posts. CBUB hasn't been this poor for....ever.

#2 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:28 AM

Has anyone else realised that no one is commenting on matches anymore? To prove it just go on CBUB and put the matches in order of number of posts... there are loads of fights with 0-1 posts and the highest I think is 17 posts. CBUB hasn't been this poor for....ever.

It's because...

1) Not everyone has migrated yet. Most have...but not everyone. A LOT of new users have suddenly popped up on old CBUB too for some reason and haven't come over here yet.

2) The new site is MUCH more hi-fi than the old one, so, some people with slower computers can't load each page as quickly...which discourages constant, rapid commenting.

3) The number of new matches is overwhelming...and most of them are so badly written that I generally stick to only fights that interest me...the lack of any dividers (day 1, 2, 3, etc.) makes things even more disorienting.

#3 Mullon

Mullon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

I wonder if moving the vote button below the scenario would encourage more comments.

#4 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

It's because...

The new site is MUCH more hi-fi than the old one, so, some people with slower computers can't load each page as quickly...which discourages constant, rapid commenting.

Agreed

The number of new matches is overwhelming...and most of them are so badly written that I generally stick to only fights that interest me...

Totally agree...
All of a sudden you're seeing a lot of Superman sees Doomsday walking past the Dailey Planet. Superman says "What you are doing here, Doomsday?" Doomsday says "Mind your business, butt face." Superman gets real mad and punch Doomsday in face hard.
Who wins?

the lack of any dividers (day 1, 2, 3, etc.) makes things even more disorienting.

Agree
Also I think it was easier when the set-up and commenting forum was on one page linked to the voting and grading pages, and having the Battles in progress in 1-3 day formats made it easier to anticipate when a character would be next available.
I think the new CBUB is great. It is really slick and has a lot nice bells and whistles..but the old set-up for voting was more user friendly overall.

#5 HulkSmash9

HulkSmash9

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

Plus, all the admins keep on saying that Serge will fix everything. But he hasn't, where is he anyway? <_<
But, I'd say that when the CBUB Beta finally replaces the old CBUB, it will have all the three day dividers, and all the stuff that the old CBUB has. But until then, its time to play the waiting game.

#6 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

Plus, all the admins keep on saying that Serge will fix everything. But he hasn't, where is he anyway? <_<
But, I'd say that when the CBUB Beta finally replaces the old CBUB, it will have all the three day dividers, and all the stuff that the old CBUB has. But until then, its time to play the waiting game.

I believe he might be working on the new FPL.

#7 Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:I like reading comics, watching movies, and doing other teenage activities. Football rules.

Star Wars is on my list of favorite movies, along with Matrix and Independence Day.

I am learning to write comic scripts. My goal in life is to become a comic writer for Marvel Comics.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

I think he just hasn't had the time to do it. He's only one man who programs and runs two different websites.
I know CBUB and FPL are both considered one site, but they are fundamentally different enough for me to count them as separate. On top of that, he has a job that keeps him occupied as well.

#8 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

To be honest, i've been thinking the same thing but I didn't sa it because I knew people would say he's just one man, which is true. It's just a bit frustrating at times.

#9 Mullon

Mullon

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

To be honest, i've been thinking the same thing but I didn't sa it because I knew people would say he's just one man, which is true. It's just a bit frustrating at times.

I don't mind if he's busy and has other work to do and can't get to the site. I'd just like an occaisionaly sign that he is still alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users