treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

The INTRO

Welcome to the Clash for Khazan. For those who played this will be a similiar turned based fighting game similiar to When World's Collide with a few new twinks. Read on...

Your battle takes place in Khazan. What is Khazan? For lack of definition, it is a world where superheroes and heroines live. In this RPG, there will be four city sectors where battles will take place:

Industrial: the smoke stack area with all the warehouses, chemical factories. This area is great for the criminals in hiding.

Lowtown: the slums, lots of extortion here. Lots of local heroes, local gangsters, and not a lot of publicity. A great place to lay low.

Uptown: The Ritz. High class everything. Money to be made, and more to be spent.

Science: A place where a lot of the techies hang out. Some universities and trade schools here.

Within those sectors, battles may take place in any of these various environments:

Desert
Steel Cage
Misty Vale
Lava Cliffs
Dark Swamp
Endless Caves
Low Gravity
Hall of Mirrors
Great Wall of Carnage
Khazan Mall
City Skyline
Bar Fight
Great Khazan City Sewer
The Catwalk
Ancient Forest
Mountain Peaks
Arena Deathtrap Equalizer
Deep Jungle

Here in Khazan there is always a threat and perilous dangers. It's everyday life. Unfortunately, the new peril is here and the characters you pick are the ones that will have to deal with it, help it or destroy it. What's the peril you ask? Well, I am a shameless self promoter. Your enemy for this RPG will be a certain force named Raya Sayang that has taken residence on Khazanian Earth. Your story starts here. Her cohorts are everywhere. You may be one. You may get killed by one. This story is up to you. I will move the story along and will keep track of your performance as players. The storyline will advance based on the highest scoring player.

The RULES

First, you pick a Khazan resident from the FPL Gallery. Once picked, You announce your pick here and read the rest of these rules.

Okay, this is a turn base style fighting game. The players in this game will be split into teams. I lead the story along and within certain parts of the story, you will encounter various other players that have entered the RP. Upon encountering the members a battle must ensue for each team to continue. Some fights will be one on one, some fights will be two on two, some fights will be the whole team. Last, some battles may be against boss characters of my choosing (most likely a former FPL Hall of Fame character with a lot more powers and points than you and possibly your whole team). Teams will continue until a final boss is faced. The winning team in the game will be whoever ends with the most team points. I will also give out various awards for certain playing skills in the RPG.

The Battle:

Just like When World's Collide, once two members or teams or whatever have encountered each other, they will have to fight. I will be in complete control of the point system. I have a simple mathmatic system that will determine who wins or loses a battle. The whole system will be based on your FPL characters powers and stats. If you cannot find a description for your power in the FPL Powers List or your power description is listed as Null go here. I will give each character 12 HP's. If you lose all your HP's during this RPG...goodnight gracie, you are unconscious until the end of the round/match. Your stats are the following:

Mind (head): This is your intelligence. In battle mode, this can also be considered your big ol head.
Body (your body, duh): This is your toughness. In battle mode, this is the thing your appendages is attached to.
Agility (legs): This is your speed and nimbleness. In battle mode, this is your legs.
Strength (Arms): This is how strong you are. In battle mode, these are your arms and hands.

These stats are the basic physical parts of your body which you will use to form your attacks. In battle mode, you have two choices during play: Attack or Defense. I will explain both.

Attack Modes:

There will be two types of attacks and defenses. Powered and Non-Powered.

A non-powered attack will simply be an attack in which you do not use any powers that your character may have. The only thing you'll need to perform this attack is your stats. Any higher level stat will damage a lower level stat on a successful roll.

Ex:

Marvel Man: Strength (Arms) attacks (Insert Opponent's name here) Agility (legs)

Marvel Man will then explain his move to clarify how he is attacking his opponent.

Ex:

Marvel Man: (Insert character's name here) tackles (insert opponent's name here) legs.

A powered attack will first call out the stat you will use to form your attack and then you will choose to attack a certain stat on your opponent using one of your FPL character's powers. After you've announced your attack, you will then describe it in any form you'd like. You have one attack per turn. You can link any power with any stat, just try to make sure the description of the power attack makes sense with the stat you've chosen to link with. Any power that you have that can be used in attack mode will cause damage to a weaker stat on a successful roll.

Ex:

Marvel Man: Mind (head) attacks (Insert Opponent's name here) head/mind using Mind Control.

After explaining how he'll attack, Marvel Man will then explain his attack. As the RPer, you may describe your attack any way you choose. Be creative. You may simply yell out the name of an attack or you may go into detail, it's completely up to you.

Ex:

Marvel Man: As (insert character name here) walks quietly through the cavern, He sees (insert opponents name here) in the distance. Without hesitation he reaches out with his mind to control his foe.

The success of your attacks will be based on your power points, the stat points and a lucky (or unlucky) roll of the dice.

Now, this is a turn based RP; meaning only one attack per post and per round. You attack and then your opponent attacks. You attack and then your opponent attacks. Until somebody is out (which I will inform you of). There are a LOT of powers in the FPL gallery and each have their own descriptions. These current descriptions will also decide if your attack will win or fail. I will inform players before their fights of the various functions there attacks will have and how they will be played. For instance if your character has healing, you may be allowed to bring a fellow fighter back from the dead. If your character has mind control, I may let you control an opponent for one round. If you use detective, maybe that will allow a teammate to hit an opponent with more force due to you finding a weak point. Also, some powers are linked: If you choose Weapon Master, I'll tell you before the fight that you don't attack with this power. You attack with whatever weapon your character has and that attack will be increased by the level of Weapon Master you have chosen. See fun.

Defense: Defense will work the same way as attacks with Powered and Non-Powered defenses.

Now, just because you attack doesn't mean it will always prevail and not every turn has to be an attack. You may also use your turn to defend. All you have to do is say you choose defense and pick an attribute to defend with. As well, not every defense will prevail. Hint: Defend and attack with your more powerful powers and stats. The trick is trying to find out the weak points of your opponent and beating that spot to a pulp. Hint: Read over the Power Listings! :D

Here's an example (a rather weak one) of what an entire match should look like (I'll use Marvel Man and Darkender as models):

Ex:

Marvel Man: Mind (head) attacks Body using Mind Control
(insert characters name here) uses mind control to make (insert opponents name here) run into a wall.

Darkender: Defense: body defends with Armor
(insert characters name here's) body becomes rock hard.

Marvel Man: Agility (legs) attacks Strength (arms) using Martial Arts
(insert characters name here) flys forward and kicks (opponent) in the arms.

Darkender: Strength attacks body using Martial Arts
Grabs (opponent) by the waist and slams him against the wall.

Marvel Man: Defense: Mind stat
(Insert characters name) calls (opponent's name) stupid.

This will continue until I've tallied the points and determined the winner. At which point, I will close the fight and announce the winners of that round. The winner will advance to the next round.

In Team Mode, each team member will attack in turn based style like Final Fantasy. Just go in order, that's all. Not hard.

HP Bonus:
Winners of each round will get HP power ups. I will keep up with your increased HP's, so if you lose track, let me know. I'll PM you. The highest ranking single player winner of each round will get the highest HP power ups. The losers will get sad.

The Peoples Choice Poll:
As an added bonus, I will place a Poll and readers can vote on who they think the winner will be during the fights. If the winner of the poll was also the winner of the match, then at some point he/she will also get a Power or Stat moved up one level. Congrats.

I guess this sums up the game. Now, post your questions and I will answer as many as I can before I post the RP.

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

If any of the admins want to move this to the FPL RP section, feel free. :D

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

I have a question about power twinkery. In general, I'd like to know if for the powers we are going by the by the book definitions as a rule or just flowing by what the author's description is, i.e. does the battle turtle have fire bullets even if the ranged isn't bought, can a gun fire multiple rounds if no multi-attack, will overvamped descriptions of standard powers be nerfed, and are Tk and mental attacks inherently ranged?

Secondly, I have questions about the powers of two of my characters which might make me switch which one I use.

Phasing: What are the limitations? Does it always work?

Transformation: I assume the rule of thumb is that you get powers equal to what you put in, 4 points of transform could equal 2 points towards higher strength and 2 for slashing weapons. Will I have to state what transformation does each time, and can I change up the advantages for different rounds, to say 2 points for wallcrawling, and 2 points towards higher agility.

Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur Treacherous

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

I have a question about power twinkery. In general, I'd like to know if for the powers we are going by the by the book definitions as a rule or just flowing by what the author's description is, i.e. does the battle turtle have fire bullets even if the ranged isn't bought, can a gun fire multiple rounds if no multi-attack, will overvamped descriptions of standard powers be nerfed, and are Tk and mental attacks inherently ranged?

First, these characters would never get accepted to this game if the powers aren't correct. Before I officially accept any character, I am going to scrutinize each one. So, to answer your question. If the author's description doesn't follow the power listing's description, it's not going. I am going by the book. If your chosen character is by that book. You are in. I'll let you guys know plenty in advance.

Secondly, I have questions about the powers of two of my characters which might make me switch which one I use.

Phasing: What are the limitations? Does it always work?

I will explain how your powers will work in the game before every match. It will be in the first post of every fight. Power attacks and defenses may work or fail depending on their level of strength as compared to your enemy and depending on the roll of the dice. Seriously, I will roll dice for every play. There is a rotten roll. If I roll that number during your turn. Your move fails.

Transformation: I assume the rule of thumb is that you get powers equal to what you put in, 4 points of transform could equal 2 points towards higher strength and 2 for slashing weapons. Will I have to state what transformation does each time, and can I change up the advantages for different rounds, to say 2 points for wallcrawling, and 2 points towards higher agility.

See last answer. I might let little things go in power descriptions. Again, I'll let you know before you go duking it out. If it makes you feel better, I am writing out how your powers will play right now.

"Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur Treacherous"

Uh...Hola?

#5 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

domo origato?

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

Because I'm nice, I will PM accepted characters power descriptions to them before the matches as well. You're welcome.

#7 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

GAH, I really wanna make my own guy but I can't come up with a decent back ground, personality or even the power descriptions...

#8 Tsemasi

Tsemasi

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Game for this if any of my three are accepted in.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

I'll check you characters out. Might get this started next Friday.

#10 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

GAH, I really wanna make my own guy but I can't come up with a decent back ground, personality or even the power descriptions...

Bah. I'm having trouble just using the FPL system. Now I have to look at power descriptions, teams, etc. (Curse you Treach! You're clearly doing this to lure me into the FPL. I should've realized what was happening when you asked me to make a character for the FPL...)

Wait, am I on the FPL part of the forums?!

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image

#12 Maks206

Maks206

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Posted Image

woops ok guys then ill choose sarevok

#13 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sorry Maks, NONE of your characters meet Any of our Standards.

#14 Rhekarid

Rhekarid

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Particularly ones like Sarevok which are blatant idea theft/copyright infringement.

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

The first round fights will take place in Khazan's Uptown Sector. Your fighting environments are as follows:

Bar Fight
Khazan Mall
City Skyline
Khazan Sewers

These sectors may or may not effect your characters perfomance during a match. For instance, a character with higher agility may perform better in the City Skyline. A character that is water based may do better in the sewers. The environments will be picked at random for each fight. Also, some environments may have inherent dangers. Random things may happen to either fighter in those environments that may or may not effect effect them during the game. Okay? Okay.

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

Ugh... MftF is gonna be covered in crap...

#17 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

The great mall and a bar fight. Innocent civilians all around and more victims to gnaw on. Sounds good by me.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

The great mall and a bar fight. Innocent civilians all around and more victims to gnaw on. Sounds good by me.

Mh, I'm hoping the JAWS Theme plays if I'm fighting in the Mall. :D That would be awesome.

#19 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

No, only Werewolves of London.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

An addendum to the rules has been made in the first post. Please go back and read over the attack mode rules. This is to answer a few questions PM'd to me. Feel free to ask your questions here rather than PM, so everyone can learn from your inquiries. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users