20 replies to this topic

#1 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

The year is 2341, humanity is not as it once was. In the early twenty second century the first warp jump was initiated. It teleported the American ship, the Magellan and it’s crew of four, to mars. In three minutes and twenty eight seconds.

In the century that followed humanity spread like wild fire through out the solar system. Colonizing mars with huge domed cities, melting the ice caps, and seeding the planet, Ganymede, soon followed, a permanent warp-hole was set in place to suction heat directly off the scorching sister-moon, IO. Methane gas refineries were put in place on the moons of Saturn, Mines in the asteroid belt, and probes sent into the farthest depths of space, testing to see if “Jumping” as it was so called, was possible over far longer distances.

Humanity flourished.

But then, scant years after the turn of the twenty fourth century, the unthinkable happened. A jump went wrong. This is not to say that jumps had never gone wrong before, ships could never pinpoint the exact position of where they would reenter space. But never on this scale. And never had the consequences been so steep. A UN Emperor class ship, crewed by thousands, armed with the necessary equipment to ignite Saturn and create an artificial star, jumped. Perhaps they had grown complacent, lazy. Perhaps it was sabotage, naturists throwing a spanner in the works. Humanity will never know. It doesn’t matter. What does matter is that a vessel carrying kilotons of explosives jumped directly into the side of the Moon, and detonated on impact.

The resulting explosion literally ripped the moon apart, sending continent sized chunks of satellite spiraling down to Earth. Virtually killing every living thing on the planet. In one hour the human race was reduced from Ten Billion sentient beings, to just over nine hundred million. Earth, is gone, a barren wasteland, the rest of the human race was left to deal with the fact that the regular food shipments would never come again. Starvation and famine reduced humanity even more. With time humanity adjusted. Those who didn’t died. Crops planted, trade routs reestablished, the goals of humanity changed from exploration changed to merely surviving.

But still the status quo had changed, no longer was the solar system united under the banner of humanity. Territories were clamed. Mars and Ganymede, now twin rivals each vying to become the center of commerce, and thus fill their coffers. The methane and solar plants on Titan and Mercury, unable to grow their own food, are held captive by blockades, stopping shipments from rival suppliers from entering or leaving the atmosphere. The Feudal system, long dead to advanced civilizations, has reared it’s head as entire dome-cities are controlled by families far worse than the mafia of the early nineteenth century.

But there are those that seek to carve their own way in the stars. Bearing no allegiance to planet or
ruling chaste. They are rouges, hired guns, smugglers, hit-men, any job so long as the price is right. Some are wanted criminals, others just want a different life. Some view them as Robin Hoods, stealing from the rich. Other see them as Pirates. Whatever the case, this is where this story begins, in a Space station orbiting Ganymede. Where the captain of a newly acquired ship is out to find a crew. . .

Character information.

Name:
Sex:
Race: (Caucasian, Hispanic, ect. No Aliens)
Height:
Weight:
General description: (Should include information about their general guild and noticeable characteristics.)
Background: (Your character is obviously not on good terms with the law. But at the same time isn’t a mass murderer. Characters should be realistic.)

(Note- Points may be used to buy skills or increase levels of the following stats.)
Strength: Normal.
Agility: Normal
Perception: Normal.
Skills: (May choose from any below.)

Hacker: 1 point. Your character is a wizard with computers. Can easily hack into standard civilian computers, and can even get past high security protection if given enough time.

Marksmen: 1 point: Your character can hit a target from 200 yards away without a scope. Able to perform feats such as ricocheting bullets off walls to try to hit hidden enemies.

Close combat: 1 point. Your character has been formally trained in the use of weapons, sabers, electric pikes, and the like.

Bionic limb: 2 points: Your character has lost a limb at some point in his/her life. It has been replaced with a artificial limbs of above average quality. Increases your strength by one level, and allows the wearer to use feats involving said limb. (I.E. using your arm to hold open the hydraulic door, ect.)

Mental dexterity: 1 point: Your character is able to quickly react to changing situations and analyze the surrounding area. You’re more likely to notice hidden traps and harmful situations.

Locksmith: 1 point. Your character has a knack for opening doors, whether old fashioned key locks, multi-digit number locks or Bio-recognition.

Enhanced censes: 1 point. Your character has the ability to hear above and below the normal levels of humans, see better in the dark, on sense the three muggers waiting in the alley before they make themselves known.

Loyal pet: 2 points. Your character has a pet of some kind that will obey simple commands. The pet could be a large guards dog, to attack assailants. Or a small monkey, able to sneak around through air vents, open doors from the other side, ext.

Stealthy: 1 point. Through some means your character is very stealthy, able to sneak around without being noticed. Move through small spaces without being heard. Ect. (Note, does not make your character invisible)

Charming: 1 point. Your character is either fair of face or a master of words, but in any case able to sweet talk with just about anyone. Great for getting information from locals.

#2 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

I like your style. I'm joining this RP.

Name: Ren Kakahari
Sex: Male
Race: Japanese
Height: 5'8
Weight: 150 lbs
General description: Tatooed with a gun on his left arm and katana on his right, scar on his torso, well muscled for his structure, dark hair and eyes are his physical description. His personality is cold, calculating, and ruthless.
Background: Surprisingly, he was born in poverty. His parents were struggling with raising him and his siblings, and he was the oldest of the two children. He was a brilliant person in school, but his status constantly depressed and angered him. As soon adulthood was reached, he had a "good idea". Kakahari built his new career. "Give me a name and some money." He became a freelance assailant for hire. Ren Kakahari does have legal conflicts, with no regard for formal written law. On the other hand, he doesn't kill needlessly. He was in for cash, and not the thrill of the hunt.
Skills: Marksman, Close combat, Mental dexterity

Good? If there is any flaws, allow me to correct them.

#3 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

I like your style. I'm joining this RP.

Name: Becca Martin (Lunatone)
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'9
Weight: 124 lbs
Physical description: Tall and lean athletic build with long brown hair and Flourescent blue eyes that glow under moonlight. Tan complexion and strong hands are the only characteristics that show proof of her hard life. Very observant and tough growing up in the manner she did.
Personality : A woman of unparalleled drive and compassion, her personality seems to be an eclectic mix of her caring and fun-loving nature, with a dark and driven streak due to her cirI use bad wordsstances.. She is highly intelligent, a quick study in the field and adaptive to any situation.
Background: At the young age of 9 her parents were horrifyingly murdered by assassins, just down the hall from her bedroom. In the years of colonization more and more food was necessary to sustain the thriving populations. Huge agricultural corporations and conglomerates grew and became immensely powerful. As the need for farmland surpassed the available resources they began to pressure small farmers and rural families off their land. When her headstrong parents refused to leave the land that their family had lived on for 9 generations the corporation decided to turn to violence. That night while the family lay asleep, hired assassins crept into their farmhouse to kill the family. Little did they know that they had awoken her 17 year old brother Matt. He killed the assassin that was supposed to kill him and his sister, but was not in time to save his parents, although he did kill the assassins. When the local authorities refused to help them the two children turned to the woods. They lived there and ran missions out of a network of underground rooms they built. Becca grew up fast and she grew up hard, surviving in the woods and running sabotage missions at night against the company that killed their parents. When her brother was caught by the company they were going to let him rot in their own holding cells, but she came forward and offered to smuggle some of the less than legal products they were producing. In return they would let her brother go. However after running illegal drugs for them for a couple months the unthinkable happened and Earth was destroyed, her brother with it.
Skills: Enhanced Senses, Stealth, Mental dexterity

Good? If there is any flaws, allow me to correct them.

#4 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

Name: (original unknown) known only as "One Yoshida"
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 190lbs

General description:
Years of training have given him superior agility, and martial arts abilities including weapon use. Very focused and zen in his approach and mannerisms
Tall, tan complexion, long sinewy muscled, bald except for a 3ft braided pony tail... a tattoo of a dragon on the back of both hands..the symbol of the Yoshida clan.

Background:
He is from the Yoshida ninja clan, Assassin's Guild. Members of the Yoshida clan are "Chosen", from birth whether with the consent of their families or against their will, to become part of the Yoshida Family. Since the 7th century their family grew by always recruiting the potentially "most able" children of at first, warriors, military leaders, and politicians..as the times changed they came from athletes, professionals, scientists etc. Of these recruits only those able to survive "The Gauntlet", the decade long physical and mental series of trainings and testings were allowed to live. These lucky few became Family. And went on to become part of a guild.. Assassin or Thief.
As the world changed..so did they. Becoming more ruthless, taking what they wanted..using their skills for profit as thieves and assassins..
When the Moon blew up he was returning from a mission on Jupiter..he found himself the only known survivor of the Yoshida clan..the motto of the Yoshida clan had always been.. The Yoshida are one, so it is fate that he survived..for now he is one..and he is the Yoshida.

Agility: Enhanced (+1)

Skills: Close combat, Stealthy

Good? If he's too over the top, I can tone him down

#5 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Name: (original unknown) known only as "One Yoshida"

General description:
Years of training have given him superior agility, and martial arts abilities including weapon use. Very focused and zen in his approach and mannerisms
Tall, tan complexion, long sinewy muscled, bald except for a 3ft braided pony tail... a tattoo of a dragon on the back of both hands..the symbol of the Yoshida clan.

Background:
He is from the Yoshida ninja clan, Assassin's Guild. Members of the Yoshida clan are "Chosen", from birth whether with the consent of their families or against their will, to become part of the Yoshida Family. Since the 7th century their family grew by always recruiting the potentially "most able" children of at first, warriors, military leaders, and politicians..as the times changed they came from athletes, professionals, scientists etc. Of these recruits only those able to survive "The Gauntlet", the decade long physical and mental series of trainings and testings were allowed to live. These lucky few became Family. And went on to become part of a guild.. Assassin or Thief.
As the world changed..so did they. Becoming more ruthless, taking what they wanted..using their skills for profit as thieves and assassins..
When the Moon blew up he was returning from a mission on Jupiter..he found himself the only known survivor of the Yoshida clan..the motto of the Yoshida clan had always been.. The Yoshida are one, so it is fate that he survived..for now he is one..and he is the Yoshida.

Good? If he's too over the top, I can tone him down

I bet I inspired you to make another Japanese character!

#6 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

I'm the only white character....<_< lol

#7 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

I was tempted to make a white character, but I wanted to be more ethnically diverse. It seems the Japanese ethnicity is popular.

#8 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

Also I noticed some errors I made but each time I go back and edit them, it doesn't change it....anyone have any idea why?

#9 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

All three characters look good.

Deadpool, the character looks fine, so long as Morgan Freeman doesn’t show up as his boss. <_<

#10 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Haha there is one sentence in mine that's really goofed up for some reason, I have no idea how it got like that but it won't let me fix it so ohh well <_<.....and I thought I would bring some diversity with a female character -_-

#11 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

Props for trying to get a "proper" RP going, but as you've seen in the past I'll likely get too caught up in other things to participate in any RP I don't run myself.

#12 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

I bet I inspired you to make another Japanese character!

Actually yeah, originally he was African-American...but since there was no more America in the plot...I couldn't come up with a decent description other than Black which seemed to generic a description for a world such as this... so I figured two Japanese couldn't hurt.. Yeah I know.. There's probably no Japan either..but...meh...Plus.. African-American Ninja..just didn't fit here..
~pool

#13 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

When shall we get this show on the road?

#14 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Name: Renee Rios
Sex:
Race: Mexican-African(Puerto Rican if you ask her)
Height: 5'4
Weight: 116
General description: Although she considers herself a bit top heavy, most people consider Renee to be a fine example of human breeding, from her hips to her breasts to her face. Most people she has met over the past decade haven't thought of her as anything but the ultimate conquest. That has never disturbed Renee however, quite the contrary, she exploits and exaggerates that beauty at every opportunity. Her wardrobe now consists mostly of skintight leather jeans and too small shirts.

Background: Surprisingly, she has not suffered any great tragedy in her life. Like most, she lost the majority of her family(With the exception of her brother, whom no one in the family has talked about, or thought about for some time now.) in the 'accident'(She maintains that air quotes should be used when referring to it at all times), those that did not pass on were distant cousins or uncles, no one that she considered true family. Although she was saddened to lose her niece, Renee was removed from the core Rios dynamic. Unlike her mother and sister, she did not believe that a life should be led in the kitchen, but at the same time did not feel that a career programming computers was fit for her as it did her father, although the natural talent that ran in her family, and ample practice with him would have allowed her to secure any job she desired. Instead, she chose to follow her older brother Tyler's footsteps. She considered her skills to be the key to obtaining the perfect mix in life, a fast paced and exciting job that payed reguarly, but would not endanger her unless she allowed it too. She managed to mark out an above-average life as a hacker and intelligence agent for a mid-tier Family. And on the rare occasion that there was not a job for her, she would freelance as a valet or 'friend of the night.' That changed when the 'accident' occured, since most of the Fuentes family, and all of the drugs they shipped, were Earthbound, her main source of revenue simply stopped. The two remaining Fuentes brothers have entered into a messy civil war, one that Renee knows will simply end in the destruction of the Family, with their consent, she cut her ties to the Fuentes and struck out, looking to find her brother(Who instructed her to find him should she ever be in dire straits) and create the content life she once had.

Skills: Hacker, Locksmith, Charming

There, that's the other two major American races settled.

#15 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

There, that's the other two major American races settled.

Hmm, good point...ok then a slight adjustment to my character, and the I'm ready..

Edited (in bold print) for racial diversity..

Name: (original unknown) known only as "Yoshida-1" or simply"1"
Race: Mixed....African descent/Japanese

General description:
Being the only non-pure blood Japanese member in the history of the Yoshida clan, was a decidedly double-edged sword for Yoshida-1. He had to be better prepared mentally and physically than his peers. His heart, mind and body were tempered as hard as the finest steel. Years of training have given him superior agility, and martial arts abilities including weapon use. Very focused and zen in his approach and mannerisms
Tall, light brown complexion, long sinewy muscled, bald except for a 3ft long, single dreadlock... a tattoo of a dragon on the back of both hands..the symbol of the Yoshida clan.

Background:
He is from the Yoshida ninja clan, Assassin's Guild. Members of the Yoshida clan are "Chosen", from birth whether with the consent of their families or against their will, to become part of the Yoshida Family. Since the 7th century their family grew by always recruiting the potentially "most able" children of at first, warriors, military leaders, and politicians..as the times changed they came from athletes, professionals, scientists etc. Of these recruits only those able to survive "The Gauntlet", the decade long physical and mental series of trainings and testings were allowed to live. These lucky few became Family. And went on to become part of a guild.. Assassin or Thief. Yoshida-1, or simply "1" as he is more commonly known was one of those chosen. He was considered especially special by the sensei who had acquired him as evidenced by the fact that unlike all of the previous and latter chosen were exclusively of pure blooded Japanese descent. His father had been a general inthe japanese military and his mother a world class African-American decathlete.
As the world changed..so did Yoshida clan. Becoming more ruthless, taking what they wanted..using their skills for profit as thieves and assassins..
When the Moon blew up he was returning from a mission on Jupiter.. "1" found himself the only known survivor of the Yoshida clan..the motto of the Yoshida clan had always been.. The Yoshida are one, so it is fate that he survived..for now he is one..and he is the Yoshida.

Now all the major races...are represented..in around about way...<_<

#16 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

Haha there is one sentence in mine that's really goofed up for some reason, I have no idea how it got like that but it won't let me fix it so ohh well :).....and I thought I would bring some diversity with a female character :)

Yeah, still some bugs to iron out.. Why not just copy and paste with edited version and reply to your own post for posterity sake..
And I agree with He who fights monsters..let's get this party started..

#17 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

Ok, I’m back. The new and revised characters look good. Like the new addition. But since when are space pirates so worried about racial diversity? :)

I’ll be starting this up soon, Threedark mentioned he might make a character. If not within the next two or three days I’ll have this starting on Saturday.

#18 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

I just got a job and thats 5 days a week 11 hours a day....i'll try and keep up :)

#19 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

Ok, I’m back. The new and revised characters look good. Like the new addition. But since when are space pirates so worried about racial diversity? :)

I’ll be starting this up soon, Threedark mentioned he might make a character. If not within the next two or three days I’ll have this starting on Saturday.

Copy that...

#20 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Copy that...

Ditto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users