22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_callisto_*

Guest_callisto_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Nebula: The Rise of a Sith Lady

Chapter 1: Trial by Trooper

[Taken from the space logs of Galen Marek]

It's been about a month since my fight on the Death Star.  By all rights I should be dead, the Emporer did quite a numberon me but in truth I shrank my prence in the Force to the point that he couldn't dectect it.  Vader and the Emporer simply walked away and left the disposal of my body to some stromtroopers; that was their mistake.  I waited until we were in the airlock to make my move, even wounded as I was two troopers were no match for my skill in the Force.  I was able to take them out and steal a small cruiser.
After that things get hazy, I must have landed on a nearby planet and been tended to, otherwise I wouldn't be making this log.  My escape did not go unnoticed by my former masters.  It seems a good portion of the Imperial Fleet is looking for me, tracking my every step.  I can't stay in one place for more than a day or two without attracting too much attention.  Rumors say Juno has become a pilot for the Rebel Aliance, I've considered joining her but that would just give the Empire one more reason to hunt her.  Currently I'm in the more backwater region of the galaxy, hoping to avoid a fight; I havent't fully healed form my fight with the Emporer.

[Weapons firing]

Damn, they've found me!  I've got to land before they take the engines out completely.  I hope the natives are friendly on this planet are friendly.

[End of entry]

Vin took a deep breath of the cool night air of Lutadel as she sail through the mists.  The patrols for assassins had been quiet lately, most people would consider that a good sign.  To most people this would mean that the rival kingdoms had gotten the message that trying to kill Elend was a stupid idea but not Vin.  Vin had grown up a theif on the streets when things got quiet, plans were being made, that was the way things worked.  A large rumbling caught Vin's attention.  Reaching insiderself she burning preingested tin ehancing her senses.  What she saw she couldn't describe, just three big metal things and a large number of people in strange arrmor crounding around asingle man.  Since the men in armor weren't Ham's soldiers it wasn't a far jump to assume they had hostile intent and this was Vin's turf.  She burned peter to enhance her running speed wile using iron and steel to Push and Pull on the metal roofs to reach her destination.
"You're going to becoming with us, the Emporer requires your presence." One of the white armored soliders declared.
"I don't answer to the Emporer." the man the surrounded replied.
"Then we will take you by force."  One of the soldiers raised his strange weapon and fired a light from it.  The man they were trying to capture pulled a metal cylinder off his belt and used it to block the blast.
"What kind of weapons are those?" Vin wondered at the bizare display.  It didn't matter, they were foreign solders in her home.  Reaching out with steel she Pushed on the breastplates of the soldiers in the front before jumping down to the cobblestones.
"You should not interfere in Imperial business ma'am." one of the troopers said adressing Vin.
"Then you shouldn't have brought you business into my home." Vin quipped, pulling out two glass daggers.
"We'll give you one last chance to surrender ma'am." the stormtrooper said diplomatcally.
"This wasn't your problem, why did you get involved?" The man Vin had come to aid turned to her and giver a quizzical took..
"This my city, that makes it my problem." the Mistborn quipped.  Galen sighed, he tried to keep the local beings out of his perdicament.
"Those daggers won't do yo any good here, take this," Galen took Shaak Ti's lightsaber off his belt.  After everything he'd been through he found it better to keep a spare and this one was as good as any, "I'm Galen Marek."
"Vin." she said simply, stowing her daggers and activating the lightsaber she was given, momentarily marveling at the blue blade that sprang from it..
"Alright men you know what to do, the commanding tropper called.
"Yes sir." the troopers murmured. readying their blasters.

So it's:

• Vin with enough pewter, tin, iron and steel to last for 2o minutes of continuos burning and also armed with a coin pouch full of copper boxings and a Shaak Ti's lightsaber.
  • A recovering Starkiller from the canonical Light Side ending of the Force Unleashed.  (60%) with his standard equipment.
vs.

75 Stormtoopers

Setting: The streets of Luthadel at nnight so the mists are out, a safe distance away from the ships.

Vin's abilities:

Iron

An Allomancer burning http://en.wikipedia.....org/wiki/Iron" title="Iron">Ironis able to Pull on nearby metals. This can allow them to make metallicobjects that weigh less than they do to fly through the air towardthem. For metallic objects which weigh more than they do, this cancause them to be pulled toward the object. It was generally assumedthat an Allomancer could not Pull on metals that pierce or areotherwise contained in the body of another Allomancer (e.g., ingestedmetals), however it can be achieved by an exceedingly powerfulAllomancer.

Steel

An Allomancer burning http://en.wikipedia....org/wiki/Steel" title="Steel">Steelis able to "Push" on nearby metals. This can allow them to makemetallic objects that weigh less than they do to fly through the airaway from them (using coins, for instance, as weapons). For metallicobjects which weigh more than they do, this can cause them to be pushedaway from the object. It was generally assumed that an Allomancer couldnot Push on metals that pierce or are otherwise contained in the bodyof another Allomancer (e.g., ingested metals), however it can beachieved by an exceedingly powerful Allomancer.

Tin

An Allomancer burning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin" title="Tin">Tin is able to enhance all five of their senses. A major flaw of burning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin" title="Tin">Tin is that if a sudden loud noise or bright light appears it can render an Allomancer stunned for a short time. Mistings burning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin" title="Tin">Tin are often used as lookouts and scouts because they can see in near-darkness.

Pewter

An Allomancer burning http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Pewter" title="Pewter">Pewteris able to greatly enhance their physical capabilities. While burningpewter, an Allomancer can fight or perform physical labor longer thanany normal person, and is also many times stronger than his or hernormal self; this applies not only to their muscle strength, but to thestrength of their bones, skin, etc. This enhanced strength also allowsan Allomancer to shrug off wounds that would kill or incapacitate anormal person. Pewter-burning also provides an Allomancer with anincreased sense of balance and vastly increased speed and dexterity. AnAllomancer performing a "pewter drag" can run for many hours at speedsup to approximately that of a galloping horse. This is extremelydraining on the Allomancer's body and will require the Allomancer toburn pewter after completing the pewter drag itself, just to keep theperson's body from collapsing in near-death exhaustion.

One danger for someone burning http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Pewter" title="Pewter">Pewteris when carrying something that they normally couldn't carry and theyrun out of the metal, the object they are carrying will crush them,causing serious injury. Another danger is that an Allomancer whoshrugged off earlier wounds could succumb to said wounds when they runout of http://en.wikipedia....rg/wiki/Pewter" title="Pewter">Pewter to burn.

#2 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Enjoy the match folks.

#3 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

Honestly, the Clonetroopers had a hard time against Starkiller... Having Vin on his side makes this duo able to kill them all... they win.

#4 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Honestly, the Clonetroopers had a hard time against Starkiller... Having Vin on his side makes this duo able to kill them all... they win.

I didn't want to put in too big a number of troopers, blancing this tough. However this is just the first step to something greater, how was the set-up.

#5 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Nice set up Nesh but SK could do this all by himself.. like Eth said adding Vin is just overkill.. and they were all just two days away from retirement.. aslo check my match out if ya can Nesh.

#6 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

I didn't want to put in too big a number of troopers, blancing this tough. However this is just the first step to something greater, how was the set-up.

Well, it worked.

I liked the set up, it was one of the better ones I've seen on here. :)

#7 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Nice set up Nesh but SK could do this all by himself.. like Eth said adding Vin is just overkill.. and they were all just two days away from retirement.. aslo check my match out if ya can Nesh.

Balancing this kind of match, they'll be up against better opponents later on.

#8 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Great set-up as always. Vin and Starkiller win, but knowing you you knew that already. I'm willing to be bet things are gonna get more interesting too.

#9 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Well, it worked.

I liked the set up, it was one of the better ones I've seen on here. :)

*Cough. Mine was good too *Cough.

No offense though Nesh your still a much better writer than me.

#10 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Great set-up as always. Vin and Starkiller win, but knowing you you knew that already. I'm willing to be bet things are gonna get more interesting too.

Hell yeah, checkl the title of the arc for thinly veiled spoilers.

#11 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

*Cough. Mine was good too *Cough.

No offense though Nesh your still a much better writer than me.

>.>

A little high on yourself today, eh? lol. :) JK.

I agree ND7.

#12 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Alright guys, I need ideas for future opponents, I've got some of this planned out but I want to make this a decent sized respectable arc.

#13 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

Wait wait!! Could I list possible allies?

The Kraken

Atuskuiki(Pein)

Astaroth

Shao Kahn

Metallo

#14 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Wait wait!! Could I list possible allies?

The Kraken

Atuskuiki(Pein)

Astaroth

Shao Kahn

Metallo

I'm sticking to Star Wars, makes plotting easier.

#15 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Might I suggest Darth Vader and Boba Fett then?

Also Darth Bane could be a good choice as show could the 501st legion as they are the best Clones around.

#16 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Might I suggest Darth Vader and Boba Fett then?

Also Darth Bane could be a good choice as show could the 501st legion as they are the best Clones around.

Vader is already in the plan don't worry about that, the others I'll have to think about.

#17 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Vader is already in the plan don't worry about that, the others I'll have to think about.

How about the 501st and Boba Fett?

#18 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

Nice setup Nesh.

#19 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Nice setup Nesh.

Thank you, I've got things pretty well planneed out but this next match, who are the going to fight?

#20 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Thank you, I've got things pretty well planneed out but this next match, who are the going to fight?

No prob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users