252 replies to this topic

#1 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Okay, instead of Yugi, Jaden or any of the other characters from the shows, we're doing a completely different RP. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Instead of characters in the world of Yugioh, we're going to role play as characters from the Yugioh monster world. The only limit is they have to be human, but they can be any human, though it cannot be generic names, like the Celtic Guardian or anything that's generic like something before Knight, Soldier, Guardian, Warrior or even after it. It has to have specific sounding names, in layman's terms. It also has to have a cool looking picture of the character. That's about three limits there, if you cannot find some you like, PM me or Zreth and we can work out something.

You can look for characters here: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Your best bet for humanoid characters would be in the Warrior or Spellcaster type range although there are a few in the other types except for Fiend and Zombie.

We encourage lower level monster card characters, but its okay if you find something OGWTFPWN powerful, we'll impose certain limitations on it in order to maintain fairness.

Yes, special effect monsters, their special effects can be used, it depends on what kind there are, take for an example, the character I'm using? Getsu Fuhma has a effect that can kill Zombies and Fiends that are stronger than the card itself, in this RP, it will turn into an effect that allows me to effectively damage these types easily than the other types.

There will be equip cards as well, in order to boost the power of your characters, some are permanent and some are temporarily, even a few can be lost. Take for an example, Dragonic Attack, a boost card that increases the stats of a warrior and turns them into a dragon, seems to be a technique rather than a weapon and so it becomes a technique to use for attacks. Weapons that give boosts? They shall remain as weapons of course. :)

Since this is an RP with RPG styles being applied to it, you get to have stats for your monster! Attack and Defense points are worthless here, they have no merit in combat, they will not be a deciding factor.

That being said, you have seven stats, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Wisdom, Defence, Charm, and Magic. and you get 30 stat points for these stats. How ever... you will not get to choose the stats, we'll, me and Zreth, pick them depending on the picture of your character and how the stats would relate to said picture. So pick your character wisely. Also, don't worry, they shall at least be balanced out somewhat.

Also, you can upgrade your monsters and/or fuse them. It might change the appearance or it might not, either way. You can add on natural skills by fusing or upgrading in order to make them more powerful. An example would be the Gearfried the Iron Knight upgrading into Gearfried the Swordmaster. A fusion would be Gearfried the Iron Knight + Giltia The D. Knight into Gilti-Gearfried the Magical Steel Knight.

Spell Cards and Trap cards can be used in this RP and can be collected by defeating opponents or whenever th eGM feels like giving you one.

I do have a few sample monsters if anyone wants them:

Crimson Ninja
Legendary Jujistu Master
Gearfried the Iron Knight or Gearfried the Swordmaster.

These are Warrior types, if you want Spellcaster types, find them on the wikia, just remember they have to be human in shape and appearance at least.

For those of you who wish to join, say so on here and list a character you've found, we shall get back to you accordingly with the stats and, if needed be, the limitations and special effect modifications of the characters if they do have such effects.

#2 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

Skilled White Magician. (Name in the RP: Aurom)

#3 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Link.

#4 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

http://yugioh.wikia...._White_Magician

#5 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

Okay, we might have to come up with magical attacks for him but as he is of the Light attribute, we can give him holy based attacks and magic and possibly give him training with the staff to do melee damage if needed.

We will get his stats to you and his possible modifications and limitations.

#6 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

I join ....so we make characters right wait never mind I fine one

#7 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

http://yugioh.wikia...._White_Magician

Kay you made a fantastic choice and me and Ethan will get to ....*Ahem*mutilating it*Ahem* soon but till then think about how you want to use your creative options. Since your character choice would allow alot of slot options for you you should sart looking things up. Also you are allowed to choose a companion or a mount taken from other cards but these would be sort of twice that of a normal spell or magic card addition.

#8 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

Okay, we might have to come up with magical attacks for him but as he is of the Light attribute, we can give him holy based attacks and magic and possibly give him training with the staff to do melee damage if needed.

We will get his stats to you and his possible modifications and limitations.

He will probably be able to do basic magic and he could collect actual spells as attacks.

#9 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

If you want even a slight say in the statistics of your character come to Cbub chat.

#10 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

If you want even a slight say in the statistics of your character come to Cbub chat.

yo are LV cards ok

#11 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

yo are LV cards ok

Yes but try to avoid the high level cards as we may ask you to choose a lower level of it also we might have to deabte something about giving you a name or not.

#12 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

deabte something about giving you a name or not.

???

#13 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Would beast warrior count?

#14 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

???

Character name if you want a different one for the character. Or it could just be "Stone Soldier Giant"... stuff like that.

#15 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

???

Me and ethan sort of had a problem with this generic character use so that's why we told people to try to get characters with actual names or we might choose to just not let you have it, not give you a name or give you a name. Also you might not find it so pleasing to have your character be called silent mage Lvl 3 or something.

#16 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Me and ethan sort of had a problem with this generic character use so that's why we told people to try to get characters with actual names or we might choose to just not let you have it, not give you a name or give you a name. Also you might not find it so pleasing to have your character be called silent mage Lvl 3 or something.

Since you are allowed to create a bio for the character you will be judged on by that.

#17 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Character name if you want a different one for the character. Or it could just be "Stone Soldier Giant"... stuff like that.

oh I see
Yo is silent swordsman lv3 ok
Posted Image

#18 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Actually I don't know if ethan stated this up there but yeah you will be making bio's so this is sort of like getting a preset character but you have to fill in blank spots like Bio and extras

#19 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

Would beast warrior count?

Chose and we will judge.

#20 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first