905 replies to this topic

#61 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

Are those in order? Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, and Ghost in the Shell seem low on the list.

#62 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

Are those in order? Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, and Ghost in the Shell seem low on the list.

Agreed, And Big O is listed but no GL or Lucky Star?

Edit: OHMYGODZ WH3re iz DBZ?!?!

#63 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

The list I have on my computer goes to 50. Might end up going that far when I get to it on my blog.

Gurren Lagaan and Lucky Star are nowhere on that list, either.

Yes, it's in desending order. Hence why I numbered them. Considering I've seen enough series that I could easily make a Top 50 and still have numerous series left off, being this high is a pretty "lofty" position.

Also nowhere near my list: Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Death Note, Code Geass, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ruroni Kenshin, Trigun, anything Gundam or Macross/Robotech-related, Inu Yasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, and I'm sure several other series that people would expect.

#64 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

Gurren Lagaan and Lucky Star are nowhere on that list, either.

Really? While the Luckystar was a jab at the fact that I'm annoyed at how many people claim to love a series based around melodramatic teenagers, I really am surprised at the lack of sunglass wearing robots from the top fifty list. And I'm not saying that you should like it I'm merely wondering why.

Personaly, It's #2 on my top four, With Evangelion, Baccano! Cowboy Bebop rounding the top spots, It may just be that I really connect with the nature of the series, or the theme, but I really love this show. I also connect with the characters on a somewhat deeper level due to the event during my training where I unconsciously shouted a certain phrase of said series as I busted my way through a wall with no air left.

That, and I really am surprised by the inclusion of Big O, I watched the series a while back, and maybe the English dubs don’t capture the character correctly, but It failed to grab my attention in the same way that Black Lagoon or Darker than Black did. Don’t get me wrong, I liked it, but it failed to leave the lasting impression that many of the other series on your list did.

#65 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

As most of you know Toei Animation recently release a "New" Dragonball series call Dragonball Kai (Dragonball Z Kai in america) And all it is is DBZ remastered with all (Well... most) of the filler cut out. What was originally a 291 episode series is being cut to a slim 100 episode series. With this you miss such good fillers as Goku's journeys on snake way, but the whole Garlic Jr. saga, however, you wont get the crappy 5 episodes of charging and Gohan's training by Piccolo. Not to mention there is little to no blood in this series and Bardock is missing his scar.

So do you think they cut out to much? Or do you like it better this way.

Discuss!

#66 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

As most of you know Toei Animation recently release a "New" Dragonball series call Dragonball Kai (Dragonball Z Kai in america) And all it is is DBZ remastered with all (Well... most) of the filler cut out. What was originally a 291 episode series is being cut to a slim 100 episode series. With this you miss such good fillers as Goku's journeys on snake way, but the whole Garlic Jr. saga, however, you wont get the crappy 5 episodes of charging and Gohan's training by Piccolo. Not to mention there is little to no blood in this series and Bardock is missing his scar.

So do you think they cut out to much? Or do you like it better this way.

Discuss!

Yeah I'm going with the TVPG -> TVY7 option.
The series itself isn't terrible, but the fact that there is absolutely no blood and the fact that every time that something serious hits Nitcktoons does a whiteout transition to the people just lying on the ground kinda ruined it.
The non-kiddied version should be better, but until then, I'm not watching it (too much).

#67 videogameman

videogameman

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Agreed.

#68 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

Mh... You could just watch HD Dragonball Z episodes... they're not Kai but you can get to watch your favorite fillers and stuff. :D

#69 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Video games, literature, Anime/Manga, Western animation ie. Cartoons, and your momma!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Alright, which Admin edited it? I'm fine if that's your opinion, but editing the poll to go your way is low and a minor abuse of power.

Ivvvvvvannnnn. I see you on the users list viewing the topic. You're not getting away with it this time, you rascal! But seriously, seeing as you're the only Admin on, viewing this very topic, it was you.

#70 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

Alright, which Admin edited it? I'm fine if that's your opinion, but editing the poll to go your way is low and a minor abuse of power.

Ivvvvvvannnnn. I see you on the users list viewing the topic. You're not getting away with it this time, you rascal! But seriously, seeing as you're the only Admin on, viewing this very topic, it was you.

Dude... drop it.

#71 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

Dude... drop it.

:D K.

#72 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

:D K.

Thanks.

#73 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Just get IKA to edit his poll, remove the Ivaned poll and replace with another one that covers that topic... sure you loose any votes that went there before all that but then again I really don't think 70+ people saw this, entered it hating and knowing that it was about DBZ, and valued it enough to actually vote against it....

#74 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

im only watching kai just to see exactly WHAT is cut out.
of course bloods not going to be on nicktoons. if u want blood, watch uncut DBZ which is on DVD and youtube(some).

im glad fillers being cut. dbz can get right to the point. especially since ive seen all the filler, ive got no patience for it anymore even now when ever i watch regular dbz, i fast forward.

for now,im trying to watch ocean dub dbz on youtube. im def not use to those voices anymore..

#75 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Oh no...please don't tell me that you actually like Ocean Dub Akuma..

#76 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Oh no...please don't tell me that you actually like Ocean Dub Akuma..

i liked it back in the saiyan and namek saga days...and i still do in those sagas. thats why i still have my DBZ vhs tapes that have ocean dub on it.

with anything past that....not really.
some voices i can tolerate..but mostly it's bad...but were so use to funi dub that we think ocean dub sucks...had it been the other way aroud and ocean dub kept being the MAIN dub after namek saga instead of funi dub being the main and primary dub after namek, we might have a different opinion about funi dub...

basically, ocean dub sucks because were not use to it anymore and we havent been since funi dub came into play YEARS AGO.
when funi dub started i said "thats not goku's voice!!" now when we look at ocean dub we say "Thats not goku's voice!!"

dont forget...ITS OVER 9,000!!!! came from ocean dub first...
for those people who grew up with ocean dbz, they think funi dub is..well....funny.

and then there are some people who are use to both and still think funi dub is better or vise versa...which i can respect.

#77 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

Meh aleast your not like thos people on Youtube like OceandubZ and OceanNazi... dude they freaking insult anyone who even says anything postive or negative about Funi.

#78 videogameman

videogameman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

ITS OVER 9,000!!!!

WHAT 9,000!!!!!

Forgive me.

#79 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Meh aleast your not like thos people on Youtube like OceandubZ and OceanNazi... dude they freaking insult anyone who even says anything postive or negative about Funi.

ive come across some while watching "OceandubZ"

but i dont respond because of the reasons ive stated already.

#80 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

WHAT 9,000!!!!!

Forgive me.

U would edit out that part of it and respond....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users