905 replies to this topic

#21 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

PS. Simon freaking DROPKICKS The ANTI-SPIRAL KING!

What the hell happened to Simon. I dropped the anime twenty episodes in.

#22 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

Well the anime is onlt 27 episdes long, so you dropped it right before it gets back into the swing of things. It's totaly worth your time to go watch the final seven episodes.

#23 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

#24 Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:LuLz

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

I wish there was a sequel to Mx0... It was cancelled because it wasn't popular enough. It's a manga about a kid that ends up in a magic school.. But he can't use magic, and has to come up with ways to fake it and make it seem like he does have the ability to use magic.

Damnit... I haven't been this depressed about a series ending in a awhile. It was awesome, it was funny, and I really want the main character to succeed... I definitely recommend you give the series a try. You can find it on onemanga.

#25 Jailer411

Jailer411

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

Bleach.....made more sense than it ever has this week.

But Kubo is trolling me again, I know it.

#26 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Watched the first season of Darker Than Black. Simply awesome. I see there's a second season out, but I really only watch English versions, so I'm going to hold off on that.

As for Bleach, I don't know what Kubo is going to do. The English season for the cartoon is going on the filler train, and the comic is, well... getting interesting. I normally don't care for Bleach either, but the little boy in me likes seeing bombastic sword fights.

#27 Magnus

Magnus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

I normally don't care for Bleach either, but the little boy in me likes seeing bombastic sword fights.

Same here, I don't really care for any of the characters, save for Kenpachi. And that's only because he is the best representation of an Ax crazy Badass normal I've ever seen. And as for the latest chapter . . . Wow, What a TWEEEEEST! *groan*

As for the latest chapter of One Piece, Wow, What a Twist. Just, just like that? No disney death? No "That just made me angry and thus makes me stronger" boast? . . . damn.

#28 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Same here, I don't really care for any of the characters, save for Kenpachi. And that's only because he is the best representation of an Ax crazy Badass normal I've ever seen. And as for the latest chapter . . . Wow, What a TWEEEEEST! *groan*

As for the latest chapter of One Piece, Wow, What a Twist. Just, just like that? No disney death? No "That just made me angry and thus makes me stronger" boast? . . . damn.

Look at the lastest chapter of Bleach. Let's see if bun-wearing magic girl can wiggle out of that one.

#29 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, writing

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Bleach really has gotten old to me. It reminds me of when we were doing that RP of Anti-Geo.

#30 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

I've been trying to watch Bleach myself... what Kills it for me though is the Filler arcs. They're just missing something that the main arcs have, and it's made me put the series down quite a few times.

#31 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

I've been trying to watch Bleach myself... what Kills it for me though is the Filler arcs. They're just missing something that the main arcs have, and it's made me put the series down quite a few times.

Plus he made a filler arc cannon. Bount arch.

#32 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

I'm in the same boat......almost 30 episodes of filler. I'd rather just wait for the story to start up again than sit through it.
Normally, I don't mind filler, even if it's crap. What annoys me is how it's just flung in halfway through a story. It just shows that the writer(s) (I really don't care who they are) really don't care - and believe that quantity is the key to success.

I find the movies are better than the actual storyline. Even if they are generic.....simply because they're gorgeous

Incidentally, does anyone know where I can read all of 'Bastard!!'. One manga only goes up to 77

#33 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

Plus he made a filler arc cannon. Bount arch.

Bount arc wasn't made filler, at least in the comic. The show references it, yes.

I don't even care about the story much anymore. I mean, yes, certain parts may perk me up, but at the end of the day I'm just watching to see who kicks who's ass.

#34 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

Bleach isn't as good as people think it is.

Changing subjects, anyone remember the Sony dub of Rurouni Kenshin? God that sucked.

#35 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

Have I mentioned how much I love Satoshi Kon? Cause he rocks. Go rent Paprika.

#36 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

Have I mentioned how much I love Satoshi Kon? Cause he rocks. Go rent Paprika.

And Paranoia Agent. And Perfect Blue.

#37 Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:LuLz

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

http://www.onemanga...._Chainsaw_Edge/

THIS. IS. ONE. OF. THE. BEST. MANGA. THAT. I'VE. EVER. READ.

It's only eight chapters though. But it's like FLCL mixed with a random comedy sketch with philosophic undertones that gets darker as you go along, and with a surprisingly deep ending. I found it just going through different manga on the site.

#38 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:19 AM

Okay, apparently there are rumors of old TV series getting rereleases. An example of this would be the Sailor Moon series (god help me that just sounds wrong on so many levels) being "Redubbed" like how FUNI redubbed the One Piece series after the "editing" (aka *insensitivity*!) by 4Kids.

Any other series known for this? Or at least any info as to it?

Hell, if that's the case I would love to see a remastered release of Trigun.

#39 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Okay, apparently there are rumors of old TV series getting rereleases. An example of this would be the Sailor Moon series (god help me that just sounds wrong on so many levels) being "Redubbed" like how FUNI redubbed the One Piece series after the "editing" (aka *insensitivity*!) by 4Kids.

Any other series known for this? Or at least any info as to it?

Hell, if that's the case I would love to see a remastered release of Trigun.

Funimation recenty reliscensed Trigun, but it'll be a direct re-release of the old version. They won't be redubbing it or anything like that. They'll be doing some sort of re-release later this year.

Not that Trigun needed to be redone, since the original dub was just fine.

The owner of Sailor Moon, Toei, snagged back the US rights years ago. There's been talk of them trying to get it re-released in the US as of late, but there's nothing concrete. But Toei's trying to get back into the US after they already tried and failed miserably a few years ago.

#40 Shockwave

Shockwave

Herr Han Shot first.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Funimation recenty reliscensed Trigun, but it'll be a direct re-release of the old version. They won't be redubbing it or anything like that. They'll be doing some sort of re-release later this year.

Not that Trigun needed to be redone, since the original dub was just fine.

The owner of Sailor Moon, Toei, snagged back the US rights years ago. There's been talk of them trying to get it re-released in the US as of late, but there's nothing concrete. But Toei's trying to get back into the US after they already tried and failed miserably a few years ago.

Oh okay, guess I should have said by "remastered" I mean made to be HD, so no real editing done, just different sound parameters.

As for the Sailor Moon, would it be done by FUNImation then? I mean Toei Animation seems to have a lot of close ties to FUNImation as of late, like how Anipalx has the ties to VIZ media for dubbing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users