90 replies to this topic

#21 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Dude. The Katana couldnt even cut through the Spartans armor. That was like bronez.

Katana is out

Yumi is out-He would not be able to get to the eyes because the Knights helmet covers the eyes.

Dude, Steel is harder than Bronze, Bronze is softer and weaker than Steel. If a Katana can cut through a steel plate armor, which is the same as the Knight's and stab a steel chair, it should be able to kick the crap out of Bronze relatively easily. But it didn't as its biased....

#22 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Any ideas then?

Yakuza against Mafia?

#23 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Already done....

#24 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Also if you guys could you do what they do on the show and compare thier weapons?

#25 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

We're a former shell of our ancestors almost no amount of training can replace years of living as rough as they had it. and at 66 years old i doubt Gunny can be more fit than either a Samurai or Knight at they're prime no matter how much exercise he does

Living rough is one thing, but having access to proper medicines, extremely rough Training, proper training techniques, proper food, ect. etc. etc. and No We as Humans are Stronger than our ancestors ever could be. If you took a Marine today and put him in the Medieval era, he could probably whoop a knight or Samurai in H2H.

Rally Middle Age in the Middle Ages... was like 18 to 20 years old...

The Halberd is a wooden shaft with an axe shaped metal blade and a spear point at the end of it.

Posted Image

Basically, all the Samurai has to do is wait for the Knight to swing it down, and being weighted down in armor and a heavy weapon, the knight will be slow and when he swings it, it will take time for him to recover a bit and the Samurai can just chop the Halberd in half.

You assume that that's how you wield a Halberd, I've seen Kinghts Training manuals on how to use one, Nowhere in them does it say Swing Down at your opponent in an uncontrolled manner. If they do swing down they do so, so that they can Easily bring it back up in a moments notice.

Also, for Arrows, Samurais can do this:

He can block it or cut it in half.

Yet X-Bow bolts travel far faster than an Arrow and are much shorter. As well, it isn't in a controlled setting where he can anticipate his opponent.

Also:

Considering Samurais train to use their Katanas, a really well trained Samurai can be accurate with their Katana, And for this guy to actually slice an airsoft bullet, which is still pretty damn fast, an Ancient Samurai could do the same with an arrow shot from a crossbow.

And the slicing through iron feat is actually pretty nice, even though Steel is superior.

And this should confirm the durability of a Katana to be able to take a hit from the Mace. :D

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Well, for the First one, that vid shows Iron against a hard backing. The Knight is encased in Steel and knows how to roll with attacks in order to reduce damage.

As for the cutting of an Airsoft bullet, not sure how fast it could push a Lead ball, but for the much lighter softer plastic rounds it can reach max speeds of only 200m/s, this however for the Bullet would be Significantly slower as Solid Lead tends to be much heavier than Plastic covered paint...

As for the Mace hit... well yes it could survive, just as a long sword could. But, it would probably come away chipped if it were to hit edge on edge with the long sword.

#26 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

Already done....

Scots Vs. Huns. They both scared the shit out of the Romans!

#27 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

Alright!

Just PM me the weapons for each side and I will do it once I decide who is the winner of this fight.

#28 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

*Cough Bull *Cough.

Also the Spart would have been screwed if he fought a Knight.

Also just for a tournament\'s sake should I pair up the Pirate asgaint the Apache or Yakuza?

That would be dumb. The Pirate may be better trained but the Yakuza has superior modern day weapons of his side.

Him fight a Apache= Stomp.

How about Ninj vs Apache

Pirate vs Ming Warrior.

Yakuza vs Medellín Cartel(There vs the Somalia Pirates on Tv sone)

Spartan my super favourite vs Alexander the great

Viking vs William Wallaces

Zande warrior my favourite vs Shaka Zulu

Monk my other favourite vs Jaguar warrior

Spetsnaz my other favourite vs Waffen-SS

Thats all I got

Oh yeah Somalia Pirates vs Taliban

#29 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Thanks SP but I kinda have some ideads but thanks.

Oh and how do they expect to use a Grappling Hook as a weapon?

#30 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

The blows are relatively slow... and encased in heavy armor, I'm sure they would be slower. Samurais are fast. Also, they swung down the Halberd like I said and nowhere did I say that it would be done uncontrollably.

That's why I threw in the airsoft bullet, if its faster than the crossbow, the samurai can still hit it, also, they are trained for battle unlike the guy who cut the bullet, he only practices it so the ancient samurai would have a greater chance in an uncontrolled area.

Mh, I'm sure the Morning Star isn't made of steel. If that is so, it might not even chip the blade.

#31 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Dude, Steel is harder than Bronze, Bronze is softer and weaker than Steel. If a Katana can cut through a steel plate armor, which is the same as the Knight\'s and stab a steel chair, it should be able to kick the crap out of Bronze relatively easily. But it didn\'t as its biased....

What are you talking about?

I clearly said that the Katana couldnt cut through the Spartans Bronze armor. It was sone as a fact that the Katana could not damage the Bronze armor. Steel is tougher then Bronze. The knights steel is toughter then a chairs steel. Underneath the steel may be leather or some kind of crap.

Also Knights have just as much honer as a Samurai.

#32 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks SP but I kinda have some ideads but thanks.

Oh and how do they expect to use a Grappling Hook as a weapon?

Your welcome dude.

#33 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Alright!

Just PM me the weapons for each side and I will do it once I decide who is the winner of this fight.

You would have to give me a few days to figure out a balanced weapon set for the both sides...

#34 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Days?!!

#35 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

What about the next match thats coming.

Somali Pirates vs. Medellín Cartel.

#36 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

I can already tell.

RPG-7 VS Dynamite

Winner:RPG....duh.

AK-47 VS M-60

Winner:M-60

Grappling Hook(Aint a weapon...) vs Machete: GH for its other functions..

Uzi VS 44.Magnum
Winner: UZI

Now lets get back on topic.

#37 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

I can already tell.

RPG-7 VS Dynamite

Winner:RPG....duh.

AK-47 VS M-60

Winner:M-60

Grappling Hook(Aint a weapon...) vs Machete: GH for its other functions..

Uzi VS 44.Magnum
Winner: UZI

Now lets get back on topic.

Ok Samuari and Knights are both trained well and Disiplined but Knights wins.

#38 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

The blows are relatively slow... and encased in heavy armor, I'm sure they would be slower. Samurais are fast. Also, they swung down the Halberd like I said and nowhere did I say that it would be done uncontrollably.

That's why I threw in the airsoft bullet, if its faster than the crossbow, the samurai can still hit it, also, they are trained for battle unlike the guy who cut the bullet, he only practices it so the ancient samurai would have a greater chance in an uncontrolled area.

Mh, I'm sure the Morning Star isn't made of steel. If that is so, it might not even chip the blade.

1) that was Sparing... in a Fight they'd be much faster.

2) Heavy Armour wasn't that cumbersome to Knights. Recent studies actually show they could move just as fast as a person without the extra weight, and in fact Modern Soldiers carry much more weight into Battle.

3) Do you know the speed of that Airsoft Bullet? I don't, but it's substantially slower than 200m/s. Besides, IIRC some bolts for x-bows were 100% made of metal, usually Iron. This gives it the Armour Piercing ability and the Kinetic Energy to render it lethal against armoured targets at up to 200m, whereas the Long Bow struggles to penetrate heavy armour at point blank range.

Besides Cutting an Arrow in half is different than cutting a X-bow bolt in half. For one thing, the Bow you can see being drawn, you can see the person taking aim, and then the release and snap of the string. With the X-bow you can only see the aim being taken, and hear the thwap of the release.

#39 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

Days?!!

*Sighs*

I'll do it now...

Scots: Huns:

Claymore Hun Sword
Squarehead Axe Dagger
Ettrick Bow Bows
Javelin Javelin

If you are dissatisfied with the Scot's weaponry, you can choose different ones here,

http://sites.scran.a...in/Content.html

They also provide some information on the weapons.

They have similar weaponry...

#40 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

I would have to say that the knight wins it:

The slashing weapons(katana and naginata) of the samurai are next to useless against the outer plate armor of the knight which can stop the attacks. I dont know where the argument for a stabbing katana came from, but even if it could get through the joints its not a kill dominating weapon(like the twin hooks or spartan shield), and if we are going deadliest warrior then "he can get the kill", doesnt mean that the samurai can shrug off the crossbow, halberd and mace and close in for a precise neck shot.

The yumi isnt getting an eye shot here, long as the knights visor stays down. Joint shots may be possible, but the leather underarmor could definitely slow the attack right there.

The kanabo is the samurais best bet for armor breaking, however using it they lose their precious speed advantage, and possibly be slower on the draw than the halberd .

The knights mace and halberd are the big killers here for him: the mace is gonna tear whatever it hits right off(helmets,heads,etc.), but everyone is downplaying the halberd to my annoyance. That thing is a multi-tool; it can hook, stab, and slice. A good trip-up with the hook side followed by a stab through the neck or open face with the pike-end and thats all she wrote.

PS:I could send u some good ideas, if u got room in your inbox ND?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users