80 replies to this topic

#1 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

The scenario is that all of these forces are meeting together to defeat the others.

Trade Federation
299 OOM-series battle droids
200 B-series battle droids
110 B2 super battle droids
88 Droidekas
69 ArHeavy Armored Assault Tanks

89 Heavy Armored Assault Tanks

59 Vulture droid starfighters
55 Trade Federation droid bombers

Empire
320 Stormtroopers
310 CloneTroopers
199 AT-ATs
88 AT-STs
29 Imperial Guards

33 V-19 Torrent starfighters
29 ARC-170 starfighters

100 A5-RX Battle Tanks

Convenant Empire
90 Elites
49 Brutes
26 Grunts

39 Banshees
26 Vampires
99 Prowlers
19 Scarabs

UNSC
77 UNSC Marines
120 Spartan-l
196 Spartan-ll
111 the D77-TC or,
22 the D77H-TCI variants
33 M12G1 Warthog LAAVs

Enjoy!

#2 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

Godzilla wins.

No, not really, the Trade Federation does, the Drodeikas give the win here... as well as the Super Battle Droids...

#3 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

XD!
Well that gave me a laugh but seriously thoug Eth.

#4 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Well it could go...

199 AT-ATs

That's a Bolostomp! Posted Image

#5 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Yeah but dude don't you think that anything the other forces have can knock them over?

#6 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Yeah but dude don't you think that anything the other forces have can knock them over?

Possibly, but are any of them packing energy weapons that shoot kilotons on full power? I think not. Hell, the Halo 2 Scarab probably couldn't stand up to an AT-AT.

#7 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Dang your right. But what about if the AT-ATs weren't their?

Note: They are actually still in the match I'm just wondering.

#8 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

This wins it for the UNSC...

120 Spartan-l
196 Spartan-ll

This is because now you have 120Sargent Johnson and 196 Master Chief equivalents...

Not only that, but Spartans are already nearly Bullet Timers (Bullets are hard to see and that's their only disadvantage) but your putting them against some armies that fire really slow (by modern firearm standards) projectiles. A Spartan-II could walk up to a Droidika with a detpack, dodge all of it's blasterfire, set the detpack, leave and then blow it up... all while not even getting phased by the droid. Would they do this? No, but they really could.

As well their Standard Weapons fire 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ rounds, which could punch through Storm/Clone Trooper armour with ease at optimal range (300m) resulting in quite possibly a 1 hit kill... Actually at that range, it might just ricochet off the inside of the armour and cause far more lethal hits than a threw and threw.

As for combat against Droids, if Clone Troopers could out fight them and Spartans can slaughter Clone Troopers then, they should be able to win...

As for the Covenant... well if only two dozen Spartan-IIs kept them at bay for almost 30 years of conflict then almost 10 times that number should swiftly defeat them.

#9 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

This wins it for the UNSC...

This is because now you have 120Sargent Johnson and 196 Master Chief equivalents...

Not only that, but Spartans are already nearly Bullet Timers (Bullets are hard to see and that's their only disadvantage) but your putting them against some armies that fire really slow (by modern firearm standards) projectiles. A Spartan-II could walk up to a Droidika with a detpack, dodge all of it's blasterfire, set the detpack, leave and then blow it up... all while not even getting phased by the droid. Would they do this? No, but they really could.

As well their Standard Weapons fire 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ rounds, which could punch through Storm/Clone Trooper armour with ease at optimal range (300m) resulting in quite possibly a 1 hit kill... Actually at that range, it might just ricochet off the inside of the armour and cause far more lethal hits than a threw and threw.

As for combat against Droids, if Clone Troopers could out fight them and Spartans can slaughter Clone Troopers then, they should be able to win...

As for the Covenant... well if only two dozen Spartan-IIs kept them at bay for almost 30 years of conflict then almost 10 times that number should swiftly defeat them.

...Do I have to go there? DO I? :D

#10 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Possibly, but are any of them packing energy weapons that shoot kilotons on full power? I think not. Hell, the Halo 2 Scarab probably couldn't stand up to an AT-AT.

What the Scarab lacks in Firepower it more than makes up for in Maneuverability. They are Faster, more Agile, and can cross terrain that would cripple the AT-AT. This would allow it to easily get behind them outside of their weapons arcs and stay there until the AT-AT is nothing more than a smoldering pile of slag.

#11 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Galactic Empire in my opinion. They just sit back at long range and bomb everyone with their AT-AT acting as artillery. Doesn't matter if the SPARTANS are running around on foot if they never reach the target.

#12 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Galactic Empire in my opinion. They just sit back at long range and bomb everyone with their AT-AT acting as artillery. Doesn't matter if the SPARTANS are running around on foot if they never reach the target.

Spartans wouldn't be running, they would be either Flying or Sneaking. And I'm sure that One Spartan could easily cripple an AT-AT with Sabotage and what-not. After all they are Super Commandos.

#13 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

What the Scarab lacks in Firepower it more than makes up for in Maneuverability. They are Faster, more Agile, and can cross terrain that would cripple the AT-AT. This would allow it to easily get behind them outside of their weapons arcs and stay there until the AT-AT is nothing more than a smoldering pile of slag.

LMAO. Do you know what AT-AT stands for? ALL TERRAIN ARMORED TRANSPORT.

#14 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

You smell that guys? It smells like a good debate.

#15 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

You smell that guys? It smells like a good debate.

Really? I thought somebody farted... :D

#16 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Spartans wouldn't be running, they would be either Flying or Sneaking. And I'm sure that One Spartan could easily cripple an AT-AT with Sabotage and what-not. After all they are Super Commandos.

The 316 SPARTANs would have to be flying in 133 Pelicans, which would be quite vulnerable to the weapons fire of both the AT-ATs and the GE's own starfighter support, but ALSO that of the other enemy combatants.

As I said, the AT-ATs can sit back and bomb everyone else's forces. The other GE troops could form perimeters around them.

Hell, the clone troopers could use their DC-15As mounted on tripods and fire at anything within 10km.

EDIT: Oh wait, those A5-RX are already artillery pieces or something. Missile launchers.

#17 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

I'll be serious with you, a full powered E-11 Blaster could seriously wound a Spartan, but that won't be happening as the Stormtroopers will be inside the AT-AT.

#18 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

LMAO. Do you know what AT-AT stands for? ALL TERRAIN ARMORED TRANSPORT.

Have you seen one walk up the Side of a Mountain? Through a City without having to knock buildings over? No, they're only All Terrain in the way that they can cross open terrain that doesn't impede them... If they're an All Terrain Vehicle then the Scarab is an Every Terrain Vehicle.

The 316 SPARTANs would have to be flying in 133 Pelicans, which would be quite vulnerable to the weapons fire of both the AT-ATs and the GE's own starfighter support, but ALSO that of the other enemy combatants.

As I said, the AT-ATs can sit back and bomb everyone else's forces. The other GE troops could form perimeters around them.

Hell, the clone troopers could use their DC-15As mounted on tripods and fire at anything within 10km.

Yet the Empire also has to contend with the other factions in the Air. The Vampire would potentially give them alot of trouble as it's an Air Superiority Gunship. Not to mention the Trade Feds Air Fighters.

Lastly I really doubt the ability of those 10km guns to hit anything at those ranges except Target Dummies that do not move... Even in the unlikely circumstance that they do fire as fast or faster rounds than Modern Kinetic Ammunition, they would still not stand a reasonable chance of hitting their targets at such long range.

Another thing that will help the Spartans taking on the AT-ATs is that although they fire Kiloton level blasts, it's concentrated. This would limit splash damage, and mean that a wave of infantry could effectively walk in under a barrage and take little damage if properly equipped.

Of coarse everything on both sides depends on What the Terrain is.

#19 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yet the Empire also has to contend with the other factions in the Air. The Vampire would potentially give them alot of trouble as it's an Air Superiority Gunship. Not to mention the Trade Feds Air Fighters.

Banshe:
Maximum speed (atmosphere)Over 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph)[4]

Max speed in atmosphere: 100 kmph
Twin plasma cannons
Fuel rod cannon

Vampire:
Not as fast as a Banshee = max speed: <100 kmph
Heavy needler
heavy plasma cannon
stasis cannon

ARC-170:*
Max speed in atmosphere: 1,000 - 44,000 kmph
Blaster cannons
proton torpedoes: 6

*For good luls, look at it's shielding. Yup: nearly 12 megatons. :D I'll assume thats at peak strenght if the thing isn't using anything else though.

V-19
Max speed in atmosphere: has a similar rating to ARC-170 of 100 MGLT, so I guess it's about the same? 1,000 - 44,000 kmph
Blaster cannons
Concussion missiles: 6.
Probably shielded???

The Covenant are slower, their have no shields, and most of their weapons probably won't even track the targets unless they are right on them or close enough to use their plasma cannons (which probably won't happen, seeing as how the damn GE ships can outrace them).

Air combat goes bad for the Halo forces. (All their air support is somewhat analogous to helipocters rather than jets.)

Lastly I really doubt the ability of those 10km guns to hit anything at those ranges except Target Dummies that do not move... Even in the unlikely circumstance that they do fire as fast or faster rounds than Modern Kinetic Ammunition, they would still not stand a reasonable chance of hitting their targets at such long range.

The rounds of blaster bolts range from anything of 1 km/s from the Battle of Geonosis, to 30 m/s (from your calc on an old thread). Putting in more energy into the gun seems to be what dictates bolt speed, along with gun type etc etc. Depending on what they are firing at they can score hits. Maybe not reliably against infantry but against vehicles they will.

Another thing that will help the Spartans taking on the AT-ATs is that although they fire Kiloton level blasts, it's concentrated. This would limit splash damage, and mean that a wave of infantry could effectively walk in under a barrage and take little damage if properly equipped.

Of coarse everything on both sides depends on What the Terrain is.

Yeah, only if armies have no concept of combined arms and leave the AT-ATs milling around unattended while the other storm/clonetroopers, tanks air support and AT-STs are sitting about on some other part of the battlefield.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Turns out there is a repulsor craft version of the AT-AT... furthering its mobility and its Terrain ability is increased... and its still equipped with the same standard equipment...

EDIT: Scratch that, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users