#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

This tournament would make a great fighting game, so feel free to use this section to do just that. I based the controls on the Marvel Vs. Capcom games. Overdrive is the same as Super Attacks, Special Attacks Yada yada yada. This is your game though, use whatever style you'd like to create your own. As a matter of fact, create your own rulebook.

Hime-Habu Move List

Character Reviews:

Hime-Habu has been commonly noted by reviewers as a standout character in the FPL Fighter series due to his abnormal appearance and unconventional in-game behavior. Gaming website BoomBoomRoom described him as "a Eight-foot tall guy with spastic limbs and a grotesquely long wagging tongue", noting him as one of "the strangest and most entertaining host of characters in any fighting game to date." FRIGN compared him directly to Capcom's Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure character Devo the Ebony Devil, adding "has enough humorous patterns to keep you entertained for days." Game Wonders reviewer Henry Smith shared the sentiments, praising the representation of Hime's personality in his moves list.
=========

Viper Dash (Hime quickly dashes impossibly low across the floor ducking beneath all med/high attacks) – Forward Forward Kick

Hello/Bad Fate (Best performed after Viper Dash. Hime raises from floor to full height and quickly jabs opponent with poisoned needle while patting opponent on the head. Move leaves opponent dizzy briefly) – DownForward Forward Punch

Coil of Death (Hime leaps forward and ensnares opponent with his incredibly long appendages) – Forward Back Forward Punch

Chomp! (Can be used while in Coil of Death, Hime takes rabid bites at opponent) – Quickly Tap Punch

Bad Fate 2 (Can be used while in Coil of Death, Hime rapidly jabs opponent with poisonous needles) – Quickly Tap Quick Punch

She Loves Me (A fast charging volley of punches and kicks in all directions) – Hold Back 2 seconds and Forward

She Loves Me Not (Done when attacked, Hime will contort his body to avoid any incoming attack if timed correctly.) – Back Back Punch Kick

----------
OVERDRIVES
----------

Super She Loves Me Not (Hime pulls out dozens of poisonous daggers and charges forward dodging attacks to stab opponent)- Charge Back 2 Seconds
Forward Back

------------
Taunts
------------

• Hime curls into a small ball on the floor and hisses madly.
• Hime twitches frantically, while muttering gibberish about love and killing Ulric and hating Pain and whatnot.

Mandla Move List coming soon!

#2 Maestro

Maestro

Extraordinary gentleman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

Heh.

Good idea, but it's been ages since I've played any Marvel V Capcom game. Way too long for me to connect its moves system to anything.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

Thanks and shame on you. Best fighting game....EVAH!

Mandla Move List

Character Reviews:

"Mandla is a great close to mid range character. His heavily defensive gameplay allows players to take advantage of the aggressive opponent's mistakes. Mandla has quite a few moves that remind you of Captain America of MVC fame." -- Flip Jackson from G400 news.

=========

Shield Dash (Mandla lunges forward using his shield as a battering ram) €“ Charge back 2 seconds Forward

Spear Upperthrust (Best performed after Shield Dash, the Spear Upper is a rising thrust that hits opponent's three times as it rises) €“ DownForward Forward Punch

Phalanx Formation (Mandla crouches with shield covering entire body. In this position, he can withstand even the more powerful Overdrive attacks. However in this position, his only attacks are short range spear thrust in various directions based on button combinations.) €“ Charge down 2 seconds Up. Low Punch/Low Spear Thrust. Mid Punch/Middle Spear Thrust. Hard Punch/High Spear Thrust.

Surprise Attack (With a quick feint, Mandle hurtles his shield at his opponent. If the shield is not blocked the opponent becomes distracted and the attack is immediately followed by a swift spear thrust. Very powerful attack.) €“ Charge back 2 seconds Strong Forward Punch

ZULU FURY! (Mandla drives forward with a blur of fast hitting spear thrust.) Quickly Tap Weak Punch

----------
OVERDRIVES
----------

Buffalo Formation (Mandla charges forward into opponent as they are also flanked from behind by the Demon Tikdoshe. The opponent is ripped to shreds as the two stab and jab at him/her relentlessly in an attempt to kill one another.)- Charge Back 2 Seconds Forward Back Forward Punch

------------
Taunts
------------

€ Mandla holds up his spear and shield and loudly sounds the ZULU warcry.
€ Mandla laughs as the Demon Tikdoshe pulls down the pants of his opponent from behind.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Anybody up for me creating a moves list for their character? Just shout!

#5 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

System Basics

I'm using a 4-button system similar to that from BlazeBlu.

A - Weak Attack
B - Medium Attack
C - Strong Attack
D - Special Attack

A, B, and C are self-explanatory, save for the fact that they don't differentiate between kicks and punches. Each character's attacks are dependant of their individual style. Someone may use all punches, someone may use all kicks, and some may use a mix of the two depending on style.

D's "special" attack is unique to each character. In BlazeBlu, it could be anything from a one button projectile to a grapple to a dashing attack to some weird environment-altering ability. Each of my characters will have a unique ability tied to that button.

Lingo

QCF = Quarter circle forward = Fireball motion = Down then Down Forward the Forward
QCB = Quarter circle back = Hurrican Kick motion = Down then Down Back then Back
DP = Dragon Punch motion = Forward then Down then Down Forward
RDP = Referse Dragon Punch motion = Back then Down then Down Back
HCF = Half Circle Forward
HCB = Half Circle Back

---

Okojo

Something of a fusing of Mature and Shermie from King of Fighters, Okojo makes for a grappling alternative for people who like their fighting game characters quick and combo-heavy. She may not have the high-damaging super throws of Kostek and other grapplers in the game, but her mix of throws and acrobatics makes her stand out in the crowd.

Moves

D
Dig-In

Okojo digs her multitude of protruding needles into her opponent. This attack does minimal damage and acts as an opening move for further attacks. It may also be used in the middle of combo attacks.

QCF + A
Needle Drive 1

Okojo steps forward quickly and finishes with an overhead slashing attack (hits opponents that are crouching and blocking). May be followed with Needle Drive 2 or 3 or Arcing Needle.

QCF + B
Needle Drive 2

Okojo steps forward quickly and finishes with an uppercutting slashing attack (anti-air attack, possibility for juggling). May be followed with Needle Drive 3 or Arcing Needle.

QCF + C
Needle Drive 3

Okojo dashes forward quickly (twice the distance of Drives 1 and 2) and finishes with a double-fisted slashing attack.

DP + A or B
Arcing Needle

Okojo does an arcing flip forward, piercing her opponent with the needles in her feet as she kicks them. The strength of the attack determines the length of the jump (A closer, B farther).

DP + C or D
Arcing Dig
Okojo makes the same flipping motion as in Arcing Needle, except instead of ending with an attack she latches onto her opponent in the same manner as Dig-In.

(During Dig-In) HCB + A or B
Ground Drill

Okojo presses forward, forcing her opponent to the ground, all the while drilling her needles into their flesh. May be followed with Gut Drill.

(During Dig-In) HCB + C
Kicking Drill

Okojo flips backwards off of her opponent, pushing off of them and knocking them into the wall (possible to juggle if performed close to a wall).

(During Dig-In) HCB + D
Rocket Drill

Okojo launches her opponent into the air with a backflip. Before they hit the ground, she attacks them with a double-fisted needle attack. High Damaging attack.

(During Dig-In) RDP + A, B, or C
Gut Drill

Okojo digs deeply into her opponent's stomach with her needles before violently slashing out and releasing her opponent. The strength of the attack button determines the distance Okojo jumps after the attack (A closest, C farthest).

(During Dig-In) RDP + D
Gut Drill +

The same as Gut Drill, except Okojo finishes with a kick that knocks her opponent away instead of launching Okojo backwards. Allows for possibility of juggling if done close to a wall. Cannot be used as a follow-up to Ground Drill.

SUPERS

HCF x 2 + A or B
Hi Needle Drive

Okojo launches into a series of Needle Drive attacks, finishing with a massive two-fisted slashing attack.

HCF x 2 + C or D
Hi Needle Drive-In

The same as Hi Needle Drive, except with a somewhat lesser damage output. In exchange, instead of finishing with a massive slash, Okojo finishes with a Dig-In.

(During Dig-In) HCB x 2 + Any
Dig to Hell

A fountain of blood erupts as Okojo lashes out in righteous fury, slashing away a her helpless opponent's pathetic body.

#6 super1mm

super1mm

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Feel free to have fun with The Blind Bandit if you want Treacherous.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Will do.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Wish you could delete posts.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

Blind Bandit Move List

Character Reviews:

Rick Rubie of GameNuts magazine wrote: "I loved how they actually created a character that cannot see. This may be a first. I've never wanted to be blind so bad in my life."

Famous actor and action star Brock Stone wrote: "I think I met this guy. He stinks a little."

Anoynomous fan writes: "Blind Bandit is a truly unique character who appears crawling along the floor in a blind fit. His ears cleverly twitch whenever his opponent begins moving, allowing him to react. Once he hears his opponent, Bandit goes into an acrobatic uproar. Bandit is easily one of the most agile and enjoyable characters in the game."

=========

Cartwheel kick Bandit cartwheels forward. This is an attack and defense move as it dodges projectiles and attacks with a flurry of kicks. QCF+K

Headstomp While in air, press down and low kick and Bandit stomps on opponents head for more air.

Wall jump Press kick while near wall to leap off wall.

Blind Fury A six hit acrobatic kicking combo that launches opponent into the air – DP+K

Down you go! While in air, throws opponent to the Earth hard. Grab in close

Now you see me... Bandit briefly feigns weakness, if the opponent attacks during this time he is hit with an acrobatic onslaught. – Hold back 2 seconds forward punch.

----------

OVERDRIVES
----------

Now you don't! Bandit points at the screen which goes completely black. In the darkness, Bandit beats the opponent silly. Leaving them wondering what happened.

------------
Taunts

• Bandit pulls out a tin can and jiggles it, begging for money.

• Bandit leans in forward with his ear and follows you movements with his head.
-----------

#10 PatrickM

PatrickM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

This is such a cool idea treacherous keep up the good work

#11 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Hey Treach, you think you could do a moves list for the Shijin?

#12 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Sure, if I don't do it anytime soon. Keep reminding me. I'll get to it...eventually. <_<

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

Shijin Move List

Character Reviews:

"Long range dominance + Crappy one liners = Shijin!" #UltimateGamah#1

=========

I know Karate! (A five hit combo that starts with punches and ends with a flurry of kicks) Down, DownBack, Back - Punch/Kick

Hasta La Bye Bye (Shijin does a quick change into his civilian clothes and runs off screen. While hidden, player can shoot quick fire balls and ice blast from off screen for five seconds. Special Attack bar must be at level 2.) Forward, Down, Forward - Punch

Chill Out (Shijin shoots a hard snowball at enemy, while rattling off horrible ice puns. Briefly stuns enemy) Down, DownForward, Forward - Punch

Flamethrower (Shijin fires a flaming blast that covers half the length of the screen) Charge back 2 seconds Strong Forward Punch

----------
OVERDRIVES
----------

Magnetic Storm (Raising his storm in the air, Shijin calls upon a storm of debri that swirls around the room crushing all in the vicinity)- Down, DownForward, Forward 2X - Strong Punch/Kick

------------
Taunts
------------

Shijin scratches his temple stating, "I'm all out of ice puns?" and throws a snowball.

#14 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

LOL! Nice one man. Only one problem, which is not a big deal man.

I know Karate! (A five hit combo that starts with punches and ends with a flurry of kicks) Down, DownBack, Back - Punch/Kick

Shijin is a kung-fu martial artist. There's a big difference between the two.

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

Shijin is a kung-fu martial artist. There's a big difference between the two.

Explain that to this kid.
Posted Image[/url]

#16 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

Don't get me started on that peice of crap.

#17 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:08 AM

Nice. Hey Treach, could you do one for Mr. Roboto? I'll think of one for Vimes later, but I'd love to see what you'd make for my newest character.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

This is about to make a comeback. Special request accepted.

#19 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

I never got around to doing this for either of my characters. Either one would be pretty unconventional. If you're ever up for it Treach, feel free to have at it.

#20 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Ditto for cousin Connor "the Irish Fox" please :P. I'd like to see what you think'll come up there.

@Redfield: Stryker haxx :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users