111 replies to this topic

#1 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

Before I launch, I'm going to use this thread to keep track of signers. Sign up by stating your character that you yourself made up (including legal character copies) and describing them.

Example and the character I will use:

Joseph Anderson, Infected leader and general. His primary weapon is the SIG SG 550, while his side arm is the Desert Eagle. He would have three clips for the former and three for the latter. His melee weapon is a kukri. He is similar to the Hunter from Left 4 Dead and Joseph is sentient.

#2 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

I am Hinok Ryonka, a wandering ronin of famed proportions, renowned for being a master samurai and swordsman.

Primary: Armor: Samurai Armor with inlaid Spider Silk.
Secondary: Explosive Kunai (Can turn explosion on/off. Can be used as a kunai or a bomb or as both)
Melee: Masamune

#3 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

I am Hinok Ryonka, a wandering ronin of famed proportions, renowned for being a master samurai and swordsman.

Primary: Armor: Full Bodied Dragon Skin Kevlar Suit with Samurai Armor over the top of it all.
Secondary: Explosive Kunai (Can turn explosion on/off. Can be used as a kunai or a bomb or as both)
Melee: Masamune

The primary is a bit overpowered. However, you can have bullet proof Samurai armor.

#4 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

I edited.

#5 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

Good. We need more players.

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:16 AM

Thinking about joining.But first, What are all the specific character restrictions/limitations, cause Ive got a few ideas all with massively different power levels.

#7 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Thinking about joining.But first, What are all the specific character restrictions/limitations, cause Ive got a few ideas all with massively different power levels.

Guns, swords, armor.

Armor can be used in primary or secondary i assume, melee is your weapon for close combat and you can choose a primary gun, a side gun or a secondary armor and a primary gun or vice versa.

Refer to my character and HWFM's.

He'll also assess.

#8 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

Luc-H338 - Headhunter Spartan III - Records Partially Expunged

------- H338 was ----------- from ------------, Eridanus II Colony at the -------- shortly before the planet was attacked by the Covenant. After receiving training at ---------------------, H338 was selected for the ------------------------------------ for showing exemplary skill in marksmanship which would be key for ------------------------ Unfortunately -------- H338 was deemed --------------------------------------- and received an alerted training plan before being dropped solo, into enemy territory and was -----------------------.

Primary: SPI-Adv armour: Environmental, Bullet Resistant, Powered, Tracking Systems, Shields, VISR Hud, Advanced Camouflage <- Photoreactive Panels not the actual Camo...

Secondary: M6D/SOCOM, Halo 1 / Reach era Pistol, with Silencer and Muzzle Break, 12 round magazine, 12.7x40mm M225 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Explosive Rounds.

Melee: Spartan Machete, made of Titanium-A, and gradiently hardened to provide a flexible blade yet deadly hard edge.

Tuned it down.

#9 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Skirmisher, your armor is good, but camouflage seems overpowered.

Primary ideally is a long range weapon. You can have armor instead, but it would only restrict you to mid and close range while giving protection.

Secondary ideally is mid range.

Melee is close range.

#10 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Luc-H338 - Headhunter Spartan III - Records Partially Expunged

------- H338 was ----------- from ------------, Eridanus II Colony at the -------- shortly before the planet was attacked by the Covenant. After receiving training at ---------------------, H338 was selected for the ------------------------------------ for showing exemplary skill in marksmanship which would be key for ------------------------ Unfortunately -------- H338 was deemed --------------------------------------- and received an alerted training plan before being dropped solo, into enemy territory and was -----------------------.

Primary: SPI-Adv armour: Environmental, Bullet Resistant, Powered, Tracking Systems, Shields, VISR Hud, Advanced Camouflage <- Photoreactive Panels not the actual Camo...

Secondary: M6D/SOCOM, Halo 1 / Reach era Pistol, with Silencer and Muzzle Break, 12 round magazine, 12.7x40mm M225 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Explosive Rounds.

Melee: Spartan Machete, made of Titanium-A, and gradiently hardened to provide a flexible blade yet deadly hard edge.

Tuned it down.

That's... tuned down? 0.0

#11 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

That's... tuned down? 0.0

On the other hand, thats a pretty good benchmark for whats allowed :P .

HWFM, two quick questions on equipment:

* Can a shield count as a melee weapon(I like shield bash), or does it count as armor?

*Are secondary weapon restricted to pistols, or can u pick an smg or shotgun?

#12 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

On the other hand, thats a pretty good benchmark for whats allowed :P .

HWFM, two quick questions on equipment:

* Can a shield count as a melee weapon(I like shield bash), or does it count as armor?

*Are secondary weapon restricted to pistols, or can u pick an smg or shotgun?

Well, I'm wondering, he has armor and he has shield with camo plus it gives him super strength and and a tracking system.

Me, I have a modern designed samurai armor inlaid with spider silk. Even Dragon Skin was to much for that.

I'm not complaining, I'm just... confused.

Secondaries have to be mid range weapons and possibly one hand held weapons, much like Skirmisher's pistol and my explosive kunais.

The only thing I have that outclasses him is my Masamune, the same style as Sephiroth's, against his machete...

0.0 I'm screwed, lol.

"I'll take you all on!" *gets shot to death*

#13 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

The only thing I have that outclasses him is my Masamune, the same style as Sephiroth's, against his machete...

It's the Spartan Machete...
Posted Image
so I'm not too sure on that.

#14 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

It's the Spartan Machete...
Posted Image
so I'm not too sure on that.

Mhhhh, eight foot long katana? The same katana, that for Sephiroth ins the original game, always scores a critical hit every time its used?

#15 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Mhhhh, eight foot long katana? The same katana, that for Sephiroth ins the original game, always scores a critical hit every time its used?

...It's not the length that matters... it's how you use it...

I barely kept a straight face as I typed that... :P

#16 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Melee can be shields for close range, but they may be tuned down if overpowered. Primary can be either Armor/Long Range, but for your case Kev, Primary cannot be armor as you have armor. Skirmisher, you will be semi-invisible, a la Predator. Besides, my character has sentient Zombie powers, so your scent can be easily tracked.

#17 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

...It's not the length that matters... it's how you use it...

I barely kept a straight face as I typed that... :P

OMG, you perverted bastard, lol... Hehe. Lmao.

Well, the way I'm going to use it, is to keep you away from me and use it in the same style as Sephiroth...

As you have an advanced armor, is it possible for me to take such an advanced armor, remove all the extra stuff (Tracking, HUD, the electronic stuff) and buff it up on armor, strength and shields? This would be so I can focus it on being an melee character and still be able to dole out damage and take more damage from shooters. I'll still have spider silk padded beneath it for comfort AND protection :P. Samurai styled of course as well.

Now I'm gonna have to figure out how to making my kunais advanced just to keep up with that level of tech...

Hehe, "How you use it...".

#18 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

@Skirm/Yeager: Your really arguing about this guys? Oh fine, Ill interrupt. A SPARTAN is a very skilled combatant, however a machete, granted one with a nice blade, is simply a machete. A samurai is a fairly skilled combatant as well and a magical eight foot sword is a magical eight foot sword. Ima have to give the edge to Masasume

EDGE, MASAMUNE :P

Posted Image

However considering the man behind the weapon and all that jazz...lets wait till the showdown to settle this......

heh "How you use it" :P

@HWFM: Hmm, I see. Well Ill toss around my character a bit longer then get him in a bit later...

#19 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:25 AM

MAY I HAVE SIMILAR ARMOR TO SKIR'S!?

*Begins to act bratty and childish*

Me wants armor!

:P

#20 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

Suit yourself, but I would have to make some game play balances. My zombie character has advanced senses to track down even the Predator. Laser/plasma would be toned a little down to be in league with kinetic weapons. Also, armor can only protect so much; the primary can wear down while the secondary can destroy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users