#2 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Is this before or after Galactus converts Buu into energy and absorbs him for fuel? Or is this before he scatters Buu's essence into a google little micro particles across time and space? Or is this after he allows Buu to try to absorb him at 100% just to see him pop from trying to absorb the endless supply of cosmic energy it would take for Galactus to reach 100%. And why not do this fight on the CBUB itself? You get cool little pictures, background on the characters and actual votes? Just wondering...

#3 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Neither really. BUUUUU WANT CANDY DUM DUM DUM DUUURUM, BUUUUUUU GET CANDYYYYYYY DUM DUM DU......
It's because of CBUB that this ''rumble'' has started.
Why would you bother commenting if you think this is pointless ?

#4 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Is this before or after Galactus converts Buu into energy and absorbs him for fuel? Or is this before he scatters Buu's essence into a google little micro particles across time and space? Or is this after he allows Buu to try to absorb him at 100% just to see him pop from trying to absorb the endless supply of cosmic energy it would take for Galactus to reach 100%. And why not do this fight on the CBUB itself? You get cool little pictures, background on the characters and actual votes? Just wondering...

well i did not want to think of a setup for it me and some people got into an arguement over it in another fight and i just wanted to see what people thought .
and i left out the poll because i want people to be able change their minds if they see a good arguement .

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

It would seem that the rumbles board would be a place to create matches that you can't see on the CBUB. Besides, I never said it was pointless, I just asked why not do it on the boards. It just seems like that would be a better location if you have the opportunity to do so. If the database didn't carry these characters, then I would understand. It was just a question to satisfy my curiousity.

As for this match, that candy crap is like the Buu catch all. That won't work on a 100% Galactus. Really think about a 100% Galactus and what that would encompass. This is a being from the beginning of time that can absorb limitless amounts of cosmic energy. Now, he is fully fed and at 100% (Which he could probably never reach anyway). At this point, Galactus can do nearly anything he'd want to do. There would be no limit. Don't you think a being from the beginning of time has seen tricks like Buu's candy magic before. Don't you think this attack would be like a magic flea. I believe Dr. Manhattan said it best, "The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite." I believe in this case, Galactus would be referring to little Buu creatures.

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

well i did not want to think of a setup for it me and some people got into an arguement over it in another fight and i just wanted to see what people thought .
and i left out the poll because i want people to be able change their minds if they see a good arguement .

And thank you Comic Book Fan. That was an excellent answer. Makes great sense. Continue on...

#7 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

It would seem that the rumbles board would be a place to create matches that you can't see on the CBUB. Besides, I never said it was pointless, I just asked why not do it on the boards. It just seems like that would be a better location if you have the opportunity to do so. If the database didn't carry these characters, then I would understand. It was just a question to satisfy my curiousity.

Fair enough......apologies

As for this match, that candy crap is like the Buu catch all. That won't work on a 100% Galactus. Really think about a 100% Galactus and what that would encompass. This is a being from the beginning of time that can absorb limitless amounts of cosmic energy. Now, he is fully fed and at 100% (Which he could probably never reach anyway). At this point, Galactus can do nearly anything he'd want to do. There would be no limit. Don't you think a being from the beginning of time has seen tricks like Buu's candy magic before. Don't you think this attack would be like a magic flea. I believe Dr. Manhattan said it best, "The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite." I believe in this case, Galactus would be referring to little Buu creatures.

How do you know that it wouldn't work on Galactus ? Simply because he ''might'' have experienced something like it before? Fallible in my opinion. Don't forget that this is so much more than a simple candy beam magic trick. This is a beam that has been able to bring back the dead, and not simply reanimate, bring back fully (albeit it was a dog and a human but still). In my opinion that deems it worthy of being regarded as a ''God like'' power. After all, it has been shown to be effective against beings that are much higher up the food chain than even himself, even if they could take control afterwards.

But by the ''little Buu creatures'' and ''flea'' comments, I'm assuming you're suggesting that buu is on a similar plateau to the various ''super beings'' that mostly inhabit the Marvel Earth. Characters such as Hulk, Sentry e.t.c. Even Silver surfer. Characters who, I believe, are so far beneath buu that ''not deserving to lick his boots'' would be considered a form of sever litotes. None of them could breach his energy field.

#8 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

galactus at 100%
against what buu?..not like it matters...but still just wondering.

#9 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

galactus at 100%
against what buu?..not like it matters...but still just wondering.

his most powerfull form.

#10 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

his most powerfull form.

super buu at his most powerful ? (buu gohan absorbed)

who did you say would win?

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Fair enough......apologies

How do you know that it wouldn't work on Galactus ? Simply because he ''might'' have experienced something like it before? Fallible in my opinion. Don't forget that this is so much more than a simple candy beam magic trick. This is a beam that has been able to bring back the dead, and not simply reanimate, bring back fully (albeit it was a dog and a human but still). In my opinion that deems it worthy of being regarded as a ''God like'' power. After all, it has been shown to be effective against beings that are much higher up the food chain than even himself, even if they could take control afterwards.

But by the ''little Buu creatures'' and ''flea'' comments, I'm assuming you're suggesting that buu is on a similar plateau to the various ''super beings'' that mostly inhabit the Marvel Earth. Characters such as Hulk, Sentry e.t.c. Even Silver surfer. Characters who, I believe, are so far beneath buu that ''not deserving to lick his boots'' would be considered a form of sever litotes. None of them could breach his energy field.

Good argument. Don't get me wrong, Buu is immensely powerful. Everyone on Dragonball is. However, Not 100% Galactus powerful. I'm sure you are not registering just how powerful this would be. It's like comparing a supernova to a black hole. Supernova is going to cause galactic destruction. Black hole is going to absorb it and keep moving. Extremely powerful vs. Extremely and Infinitely powerful. Even if he were turned to candy, he'd be an infinitely powerful piece of candy.

If I weren't busy right now, I'd hit you with a few scans to prove my point.

#12 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

super buu at his most powerful ? (buu gohan absorbed)

who did you say would win?

galactus buu transmutes people by toughing thim with the top of his head or latter if iam not mistaken snapping his fingers
galactus transmutes thing by thinking about it.
and he is a force of nature even if buu transmuted him first which i doubt galactus would just turn himself back to galactus .
pluss buu is not a telepath or has any defeance from them to my knoledge i could be wrong on some of these but it's been a long time seince i watched dbz at all.

#13 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Good argument. Don't get me wrong, Buu is immensely powerful. Everyone on Dragonball is. However, Not 100% Galactus powerful. I'm sure you are not registering just how powerful this would be. It's like comparing a supernova to a black hole. Supernova is going to cause galactic destruction. Black hole is going to absorb it and keep moving. Extremely powerful vs. Extremely and Infinitely powerful. Even if he were turned to candy, he'd be an infinitely powerful piece of candy.

If I weren't busy right now, I'd hit you with a few scans to prove my point.

Truth be told, I'm not 100% sure of what a 100% galactus is capable of. Most of what I've seen seems to be based on authoritative power. Particularly shown through the Silver Surfer. I look at him and think ''Ok if people are scared of him and he's not even a quarter of Galactus'(particularly through the Pantheon arc)'....that sort of thing. As you've said, once you've got free time, the evidence can start flying.

I understand the metaphor, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Because in this case, the supernova is specifically designed to cause galactic destruction, regardless of what it faces. Buu seems to be the sheer embodiment of evolution, or more aptly, fighting evolution. It's a case of if he comes across something, he adapts to be able to fight it. If he sees a potentially useful technique, he instantly does it. So he's almost literally growing stronger or even learning new techniques whilst he's fighting.
I still think the possibility of absorption is still open. Buu has absorbed a being more powerful than himself on two separate occasions, firstly, against Southern Supreme Kai ( I'm not actually sure if he was more powerful but he was certainly giving Kid a tough time) and then, millions of years later he absorbed Ultimate Gohan, a being who, at the time, was definitely more powerful than the incarnation of Buu he was against. Don't forget, the absorption is a very desperate techniques, designed to turn the tables. It stands to reason that the technique is able to capture truly gargantuan amounts of energy, should buu face an opponent of such - (I believe Vegito could be such a character).
It's also possible that the energy is managed to prevent Buu from overloading (as you wrote earlier) by Buu metamorphosing and taking on the physical attributes of the opponent he just absorbed. That's just a theory though

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Sounds good. Damn good. Best answer I've heard in an argument such as this.

I can see Buu going in as usual. Fight fight fight. He would quickly realize his best techniques aren't working. Galactus would more than likely put up an inpenetrable force field as he continued to do what ever it is he would be doing (As he did once in a fight against the Celestials. They hammer away at an inpenetrable shield, while Galactus built impossibly powerful weapons in seconds to take them out...and he did in Marvels). Eventually Buu would realize he wants this power for himself. He would definitely try to absorb Galactus. Now, would that work is the question. Would Buu's body (even with his ability to adapt to the power) be able to contain Galactus' energy? Not only that, but once Galactus realizes he's really in danger, would he allow it to happen? Could he stop it?

#15 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

yea someone needs to start puttin scans and vids in...

because this is going nowhere.

IMO i think it would take someone in GT to defeat galactus, but then again buu showed more capabilities than those villians in GT IMO....

GT sucks...

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

I have a question. If you say matter, does it mean all the types of matter or a specific amount? I had this problem with Catnips.

Also... heres Galactus' powers defined here, not Wikied this time! lol.

http://www.marveldir.../g/galactus.htm

Its at the bottom of the page.

Galactus has a weapon that battles enemies that are not as powerful as him, it seems, its called The Punisher, not Frank Castle.

#17 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Sounds good. Damn good. Best answer I've heard in an argument such as this.

I can see Buu going in as usual. Fight fight fight. He would quickly realize his best techniques aren't working. Galactus would more than likely put up an inpenetrable force field as he continued to do what ever it is he would be doing (As he did once in a fight against the Celestials. They hammer away at an inpenetrable shield, while Galactus built impossibly powerful weapons in seconds to take them out...and he did in Marvels). Eventually Buu would realize he wants this power for himself. He would definitely try to absorb Galactus. Now, would that work is the question. Would Buu's body (even with his ability to adapt to the power) be able to contain Galactus' energy? Not only that, but once Galactus realizes he's really in danger, would he allow it to happen? Could he stop it?

Hmmmmm debatable (coincidental :) ). I don't think Buu would have trouble surrounding galactus with himself, due to the speed of the technique (I mean it caught everyone off guard, save for bee..??? and vegito) nor would size be an issue due to the elastic make up of Buu. The problem is whether absorption would actually take place if the barrier was up. Vegito employed a similar impenetrable barrier and it subsequently resulted in him just ending up inside Buu, as the magic that allows the absorption to take place couldn't pierce said barrier.

Now, I think Galactus is a little bit smarter than Goku is. So I doubt he would start thrashing round and blasting stuff like the pair of saiyins did. If he snuck around, with his superior intellect he could possibly find a way to take out buu, though it seems doubtful. Most likely he could spend time preparing an attack that could obliterate buu down to complete nothingness, and I don't exaggerate, Galactus has to destroy Buu down to the last sub-Atom. In my opinion that is his best bet. And it is by no means, a small or easy feat.
He could increase his size, back to original, but again all that would do is explode buu, and then he'd just regenerate.
There's also the threat of being discovered. Buu was able to physically manifest his thoughts inside his own head, but they couldn't be defeated at all. He was also physically able to appear inside his own head, which basically meant he was unkillable. If that happened to Galactus, he would have to make escape his primary option. The only reason Vegeta and goku got lucky was because Buu was distracted by cake. Seeing as they are probably fighting in the depths of space, that wouldn't happen here.
There is also the danger of Kid buu being released, who would be a bigger threat than super buu, due to his genuine insanity.

#18 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hmmmmm debatable (coincidental :) ). I don't think Buu would have trouble surrounding galactus with himself, due to the speed of the technique (I mean it caught everyone off guard, save for bee..??? and vegito) nor would size be an issue due to the elastic make up of Buu. The problem is whether absorption would actually take place if the barrier was up. Vegito employed a similar impenetrable barrier and it subsequently resulted in him just ending up inside Buu, as the magic that allows the absorption to take place couldn't pierce said barrier.

Now, I think Galactus is a little bit smarter than Goku is. So I doubt he would start thrashing round and blasting stuff like the pair of saiyins did. If he snuck around, with his superior intellect he could possibly find a way to take out buu, though it seems doubtful. Most likely he could spend time preparing an attack that could obliterate buu down complete nothingness, and I don't exaggerate, Galactus has to destroy Buu down to the last sub-Atom. In my opinion that is his best bet. And it is by no means, a small or easy feat.
He could increase his size, back to original, but again all that would do is explode buu, and then he'd just regenerate.
There's also the threat of being discovered. Buu was able to physically manifest his thoughts inside his own head, but they couldn't be defeated at all. He was also physically able to appear inside his own head, which basically meant he was unkillable. If that happened to Galactus, he would have to make escape his primary option. The only reason Vegeta and goku got lucky was because Buu was distracted by cake. Seeing as they are probably fighting in the depths of space, that wouldn't happen here.
There is also the danger of Kid buu being released, who would be a bigger threat than super buu, due to his genuine insanity.

yeah but galactus could attact his mind.
or he could just make a giant cake.
or he could just send buu back in time .
or go back in time when buu was in the egg and put him in a black hole or put him in a time force bubble .
or trap him in a time loop.
all possible.

#19 catnips47

catnips47

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

yeah but galactus could attact his mind.
or he could just make a giant cake.
or he could just send buu back in time .
or go back in time when buu was in the egg and put him in a black hole or put him in a time force bubble .
or trap him in a time loop.
all possible.

what ?

Giant cake - Providing he's outside Buu's head, Buu can't get distracted by what he can't see
We've covered this, buu can destroy reality. Getting sent back in time would just annoy him.
Actually, all your points are useless. Treach, the person who is defending Galactus has already revealed that Galactus is eons old. So is Galactus going to send Buu to a time when Galactus is, arguably, weaker than he is now ?

#20 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

what ?

Giant cake - Providing he's outside Buu's head, Buu can't get distracted by what he can't see
We've covered this, buu can destroy reality. Getting sent back in time would just annoy him.
Actually, all your points are useless. Treach, the person who is defending Galactus has already revealed that Galactus is eons old. So is Galactus going to send Buu to a time when Galactus is, arguably, weaker than he is now ?

he could send buu back to seconds before the end of the last universe and then watch him die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users