Photo

Toph vs King Bumi

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Toph vs Bumi (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Toph (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. King Bumi (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

This much I can agree with you on, I would say that Aang in avatar state outclasses Bumi and Toph in earth bending because he has the knowlege of every Avatar before him. Aang on his own however isn't much of an earth bender, as it's been said multiple times in the series.

He mastered it just before his final fight... he's not adept at it but he;s better than most.

#42 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

He mastered it just before his final fight... he's not adept at it but he;s better than most.

Did he master it? I must have over looked that... Not saying he didn't, just saying I didn't notice if he did.

#43 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

Did he master it? I must have over looked that... Not saying he didn't, just saying I didn't notice if he did.

I believe so yes.

#44 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

I believe so yes.

Alright then, I'd still likely put Toph and Bumi above him in Earth Bending skills but I learned something :)

#45 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

And if they leave the ground, they lose their source of power.

@ Ethan/JagP

So, if Earthbenders stop being in contact with the Earth they lose their power? Really? Well, what about the Episode where a whole tribe of Earthbenders were being kept on a large metal ship (When Katara pretended to be an Earthbender). The earthbenders managed to get a ton or two of coal and were then able to take over the ship. All of it without being in contact with the Earth itself. Just coal.

Heck, didn't Bumi bend while being suspended high above the earth? He didn't even do any moves, cause he was chained up.

And I'm pretty sure Aang wasn't a complete master of Earth. Remeber that airbending avatars usually have trouble with earthbending (like firebenders have trouble with waterbending).

#46 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:14 AM

@ Ethan/JagP

So, if Earthbenders stop being in contact with the Earth they lose their power? Really? Well, what about the Episode where a whole tribe of Earthbenders were being kept on a large metal ship (When Katara pretended to be an Earthbender). The earthbenders managed to get a ton or two of coal and were then able to take over the ship. All of it without being in contact with the Earth itself. Just coal.

Heck, didn't Bumi bend while being suspended high above the earth? He didn't even do any moves, cause he was chained up.

And I'm pretty sure Aang wasn't a complete master of Earth. Remeber that airbending avatars usually have trouble with earthbending (like firebenders have trouble with waterbending).

Material of the Earth itself I mean. If they have access to it, they can bend it.

he used his nose.

he was at least close to it. Avatars are to master every bending art....

#47 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

Alright then, I'd still likely put Toph and Bumi above him in Earth Bending skills but I learned something :)

Yes, Toph and Bumi would certainly be above Aang's own Earth bending skills, but once he enters the Avatar State he should be well beyond either of them in terms of abilities since his knowledge would include dozens of Earth Kingdom native Avatars.

Although Toph does seem to be the only one in all of series who can Metal bend, at least, no one else has been shown to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users