Photo

Toph vs King Bumi

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Toph vs Bumi (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Toph (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. King Bumi (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

I was watching Avatar when Toph bends metal for the first time. When she announced herself as the greatest Earth Bender it got me thinking - who do you think is the greatest? I only gave the choice between the two because they're the ones the show portrays as the two top earth benders. I personally don't know who is better and that' part of the reason I posted this up. So what do you guys think?

#2 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Bumi because he is older and thus has more exiprence with his powers and managed to give Aang a hard time and Aang had to get it in real close just to knock Bumi down.

#3 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

Earthbenders fail against Toph as they utilize earth, the vibrations tell Toph what they're doing and when they're going to attack, Earthbenders are the kind of enemies that Toph has the greatest advantage against... That's the reason why she calls herself that. Bumi falls, he comes no where close to Toph's powers. Experience might drag this fight out but her sensing abilities pretty much smokes that.

#4 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

thats a tough one...

@ND7 Aang had a hard time but aang is no toph.

@JP don't underestimate bumi

#5 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

thats a tough one...

@ND7 Aang had a hard time but aang is no toph.

@JP don't underestimate bumi

Well, aright I've never exactly seen Bumi fight so that was biased somewhat.

#6 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

the best video I found with Bumi. hope it helps show you some stuff you did know about him. Make note of 2:15-2:22

Also Bumi is the only earth bender to be able to bend with any part of his body, not just hands and feet

#7 AKUMA

AKUMA

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

In my opinion, there are other things that makes someone the "greatest" at something than just being better than someone else at something.

theres just other things taken into consideration when deciding whos the greatest.

toph is a great earth bender and probley THE greatest earth bender.
she probly couldnt beat bumi in a earthbending battle because of other things, but she has the ability to earthbend by feeling vibration in the ground and therfore seeing what will happen. her will was so strong that she actually bended metal and thus became the first ever metal bender, she has great courage, she's fearless, she left her "good" life to help aang on his journey when she could have very well stayed, she IS infact an earthbending master like bumi. she learned from the original masters the badgermoles, SHES BLIND!, i could go on...

its not because she could beat bumi that shes the greatest EB because i dont think she can, its just the things shes done that all together makes her THE greatest earthbender. IMO

#8 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Earthbenders fail against Toph as they utilize earth, the vibrations tell Toph what they're doing and when they're going to attack, Earthbenders are the kind of enemies that Toph has the greatest advantage against... That's the reason why she calls herself that. Bumi falls, he comes no where close to Toph's powers. Experience might drag this fight out but her sensing abilities pretty much smokes that.

Agreed. From what we've seen, Bumi would lose to Toph. Toph is the perfect opponent for an Earthbender, while the worst opponent for an Airbender.

Bumi may be(and probably is) more powerful, but Toph has the advantage.

#9 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

Agreed. From what we've seen, Bumi would lose to Toph. Toph is the perfect opponent for an Earthbender, while the worst opponent for an Airbender.

Bumi may be(and probably is) more powerful, but Toph has the advantage.

On this note, if Bumi could figure that out I wouldn't put it past him to figure out how to win. For an earth bender on the level of Bumi he could, granted it would be no small task, bend a massive bolder into the air, so it's separate from the earth and thus Toph can't see it with her feet, the bend chucks of that at her. Basically he'd be fighting her like an earth bender.

#10 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

On this note, if Bumi could figure that out I wouldn't put it past him to figure out how to win. For an earth bender on the level of Bumi he could, granted it would be no small task, bend a massive bolder into the air, so it's separate from the earth and thus Toph can't see it with her feet, the bend chucks of that at her. Basically he'd be fighting her like an earth bender.

Okay. She can sense his movements on the ground. And She can avoid objects flying at her...

#11 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

Okay. She can sense his movements on the ground. And She can avoid objects flying at her...

Granted I'm still somewhat undecided with who I think is better and was simply offering a way Bumi could beat her in a fight, but i'll do my best to defend my claim. She has avoided flying rocks before yes, but in those cases the rock was lifted right from the ground and thrown forward. Basically she knew where it was going to be coming from and managed to prepare for it. I'm talking about Bumi lifting separating a large chunk of earth and rather then chucking it at her all at once, bend it into smaller piece while it's in mid air where she can't feel it and attack her from angles that she wouldn't be able to know it was coming from. She can't sense the vibrations of the air or else she would have been able to avoid Aang's air blast when they first met. Using this tactic Bumi could stay pretty stationary or move separately from the the boulders to confuse her. Or Bumi could even bend the earth under him, so he's not on the ground either.

#12 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

Granted I'm still somewhat undecided with who I think is better and was simply offering a way Bumi could beat her in a fight, but i'll do my best to defend my claim. She has avoided flying rocks before yes, but in those cases the rock was lifted right from the ground and thrown forward. Basically she knew where it was going to be coming from and managed to prepare for it. I'm talking about Bumi lifting separating a large chunk of earth and rather then chucking it at her all at once, bend it into smaller piece while it's in mid air where she can't feel it and attack her from angles that she wouldn't be able to know it was coming from. She can't sense the vibrations of the air or else she would have been able to avoid Aang's air blast when they first met. Using this tactic Bumi could stay pretty stationary or move separately from the the boulders to confuse her. Or Bumi could even bend the earth under him, so he's not on the ground either.

Okay, once you let it go, it cannot be bended... other than by the opponent.

Okay, she is not dumb, she'll just create a wall to deflect the smaller projectiles...

Metal Bending...

Metal Armor.

#13 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

Okay, once you let it go, it cannot be bended... other than by the opponent.

Okay, she is not dumb, she'll just create a wall to deflect the smaller projectiles...

Metal Bending...

Metal Armor.

I've seen a single earth bender hold multiple rocks in the air and throw them separately. You can't tell me that Bumi is incapable of applying a skill like that. In theory, Bumi could bend the earth beneath him to hold him in the air (somewhat like Gaara did in Naruto when fighting Kimimaro) using that to position himself he could bend smaller attacks off on it and attack from the air.

Bumi's not dumb either and Toph can't fight from behind a shield forever.

Metal Bending is an advantage

and there is no set stage for this so this statement holds no real water, but I pictured this fight on an open field with no metal to bend making it strictly earth bending. But that's just what I imaged

#14 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:19 AM

I've seen a single earth bender hold multiple rocks in the air and throw them separately. You can't tell me that Bumi is incapable of applying a skill like that. In theory, Bumi could bend the earth beneath him to hold him in the air (somewhat like Gaara did in Naruto when fighting Kimimaro) using that to position himself he could bend smaller attacks off on it and attack from the air.

Bumi's not dumb either and Toph can't fight from behind a shield forever.

Metal Bending is an advantage

and there is no set stage for this so this statement holds no real water, but I pictured this fight on an open field with no metal to bend making it strictly earth bending. But that's just what I imaged

...when they fly, not floating in mid air is what i'm sayin.

#15 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

...when they fly, not floating in mid air is what i'm sayin.

And I'm saying they can hold more then one without it going anywhere, so it's likely he could maneuver one and throw more. I'm just trying to offer a way around Toph feeling the vibrations from the ground

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

And I'm saying they can hold more then one without it going anywhere, so it's likely he could maneuver one and throw more. I'm just trying to offer a way around Toph feeling the vibrations from the ground

I know.

Also... they will move on the ground as they launch off more and more as movement is needed to do it... this is how Toph finds the trajectory of the projectiles, by utilizing the vibrations from the movements of her enemies. She can, without a doubt, decipher the movement of the splitting of the larger projectile into smaller ones and accordingly meet that with a move of her own.

#17 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

I know.

Also... they will move on the ground as they launch off more and more as movement is needed to do it... this is how Toph finds the trajectory of the projectiles, by utilizing the vibrations from the movements of her enemies. She can, without a doubt, decipher the movement of the splitting of the larger projectile into smaller ones and accordingly meet that with a move of her own.

In my suggestion Bumi is standing on the boulder that he is bending in the air so there is nothing touching the ground. The boulder is in the air and Bumi is on the boulder. I'm not trying to go in circles, I'm just trying to make sure we both have a clear understanding of what the other is talking about.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

In my suggestion Bumi is standing on the boulder that he is bending in the air so there is nothing touching the ground. The boulder is in the air and Bumi is on the boulder. I'm not trying to go in circles, I'm just trying to make sure we both have a clear understanding of what the other is talking about.

Mh, are there any clips of an earthbender doing this? Because I don't think it can be done...

#19 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Mh, are there any clips of an earthbender doing this? Because I don't think it can be done...

That's why I said it was a suggestion because I wasn't 100 percent sure if it could be done. I can say Fire benders fly, Air benders can fly, so I see no reason Earth benders can't find a way.

But even if can't be Done, Bumi has shown insane bending strength and could bend the area Toph's standing on into the air and throw rocks at her that way so she's separate from the earth.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

That's why I said it was a suggestion because I wasn't 100 percent sure if it could be done. I can say Fire benders fly, Air benders can fly, so I see no reason Earth benders can't find a way.

But even if can't be Done, Bumi has shown insane bending strength and could bend the area Toph's standing on into the air and throw rocks at her that way so she's separate from the earth.

Mh, Aang uses the air to lift himself while firebenders fire flames from their feet to fly...

Its kinda confusing but... if they were to try to fly on a rock, they'd have to bend while flying it and that'd be troublesome as they'd have to focus on two things...

Toph is not just gonna stand there and let Bumi do that, she'll realize what he's trying to do and leave that area...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users