13 replies to this topic

#1 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:13 AM

So I've been planning a roleplay based off Warhammer using my own system which is also based off Warhammer. All I need now is a dice rolling system here and someone to help tweak my system. So tell me if you want to help or join , you can use this pre-time to think about what you're character is going to be like, we'll start around summer or whenever my groveling gets us a dice roll generator, the playable factions are below.

The Empire
Bretonnia
Dwarfs
High Elves
Wood Elves
Lizardmen (With conditions)
Vampire Counts (Unlikely possibility)
Orcs & Goblins (Possibility)

Here is an overview of the plot it's going to be somewhat like an alternate universe of Warhammer most of the major characters will bee there but some will be gone like Archaon.

The Old World suffers the first strike of an invasion from Chaos lead by Champions of each god. The forces of the Old World bands together to in an attempt to hold back the forces of Chaos in the North. Reprsentitives from all sides will search the land in a attempt to build an army to fight Chaos.

The Roleplay will be played in chapters and if you guys like it there may be a book2.

#2 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

Don't worry people you don't have to like Warhammer.

#3 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

I might be interested in this. Need some more information on how it works though. Be glad to help with the testing.

#4 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Magnus right now I'm writing the rules from my tiny notebook into Openoffice so it might take while but I also need the site to have a dice rolling system.

#5 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

Um, Okay story is up and now I'm going to start advertising through EF.

#6 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

Okay so the enemies you guys will be facing will be the Hordes of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, Beastmen, Skaven, Dogs of War and anybody who is not part of the party or you have befriend and allied.

I'll start posting up the rules soon and I'll start with character creation.

#7 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

What about W40k? I was never into primitive universes, even if some fluff suggest WH is actually in the W40k Warp.

#8 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

Okay dude honestly if you only come here to say you aren't going to join then well okay that's acceptable but still kind of mean, but honestly if you come here to say that you don't like this like seriously what's the point?

#9 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

So I've been planning a roleplay based off Warhammer using my own system which is also based off Warhammer. All I need now is a dice rolling system here and someone to help tweak my system. So tell me if you want to help or join , you can use this pre-time to think about what you're character is going to be like, we'll start around summer or whenever my groveling gets us a dice roll generator, the playable factions are below.

The Empire
Bretonnia
Dwarfs
High Elves
Wood Elves
Lizardmen (With conditions)
Vampire Counts (Unlikely possibility)
Orcs & Goblins (Possibility)

Here is an overview of the plot it's going to be somewhat like an alternate universe of Warhammer most of the major characters will bee there but some will be gone like Archaon.

The Old World suffers the first strike of an invasion from Chaos lead by Champions of each god. The forces of the Old World bands together to in an attempt to hold back the forces of Chaos in the North. Reprsentitives from all sides will search the land in a attempt to build an army to fight Chaos.

The Roleplay will be played in chapters and if you guys like it there may be a book2.

Sounds awesome, but I know nothing about warhammer. Ah well, when do we begin?

#10 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Sounds awesome, but I know nothing about warhammer. Ah well, when do we begin?

Don't worry Hugo you need to know nothing about Warhammer I'll provide most of the info we'll start after I'm done copying down my rules and I posted it up, then we also need a dice rolling system on the site so maybe somewhere around summer because I want people to have time to prepare, I'm looking for around 5 people to join. The Character creation rules part one are coming soon.

#11 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

Don't worry Hugo you need to know nothing about Warhammer I'll provide most of the info we'll start after I'm done copying down my rules and I posted it up, then we also need a dice rolling system on the site so maybe somewhere around summer because I want people to have time to prepare, I'm looking for around 5 people to join. The Character creation rules part one are coming soon.

Well count me in.

#12 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

I'm in too!

#13 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

Alright, I know some things about Warhammer, but not really anything about the characters, the weaponry, and the lifestyles.

#14 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

Alright, I know some things about Warhammer, but not really anything about the characters, the weaponry, and the lifestyles.

There's a wiki. Most good races are the stereotypical versions of their races, ripped from Tolkien and Narnia.

Dwarves are short, angry little balls of hair who love a good drink, use runes to boost the power of their weapons, hate goblins and orcs above all else.

Wood elves protect the forests, as in stepping foot into them unwelcome will get you killed(just about every one of them is a lone ranger). The high elves live in grand cities, wear heavy armor, ride dragons, ect.

Humans are basically eastern Europe during the sixteen hundreds. Pike blocks are common, pistols and flintlocks have recently come to the forefront of battle, while the crossbow is still the main long ranged weapon of choice.

Lizardmen- if you're not familiar with the fluff, stay away from them. This race was around before the elves.

Vampire counts: Not sure why they would be traveling with a group of normal people. And as the basic vampire >>>>> the average of any other species I wouldn't plan on playing as one.

Orcs: all male, gruff, continually grow through their lives and spawn via mushroom. unlike the warcraft or D&D versions these guys live to fight. Literally. There's little to no reasoning with them, all they care about is finding a good fight and proving "Orks is da best" (note: in 40 it's explained by the fact they were designed by the old ones to be shock troops. So they were built to be living weapons ruled by a leader class long since wiped out by a virus.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users