• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#41 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

Not to mention the best economy, and 9th Largest Furniture Restoration Industry in Khazan.

Dude...your rank went from #1 to #9 in...a day. How did that happen? :huh:

#42 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

Dude...your rank went from #1 to #9 in...a day. How did that happen? :huh:

It became a different category, that's why.

#43 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

It became a different category, that's why.

Ahh...

#44 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

Ahh...

Yeah it went like this...

Best Economy, then to fattest citizens, then to Largest Furniture Restoration Industry .

I was #1 in the first two, then 9th in the last one.

I'm pretty proud at having the best economy, and somewhat proud with the furniture restoration industry, but pretty ashamed at having the fattest citizens.

#45 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

Yeah it went like this...

Best Economy, then to fattest citizens, then to Largest Furniture Restoration Industry .

I was #1 in the first two, then 9th in the last one.

I'm pretty proud at having the best economy, and somewhat proud with the furniture restoration industry, but pretty ashamed at having the fattest citizens.

I've been trying to get my economy stronger. "Strong" is a good rank to have, but...

I recently banned children from gambling. :huh:

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

I've been trying to get my economy stronger. "Strong" is a good rank to have, but...

I recently banned children from gambling. :huh:

Heh.

#47 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

I've banned everything. I highly doubt I'll ever make first at anything (except martial law). Such is the state of affairs in the Psychotic Dictatorship. Hah, nevermind...They've just announced my government a Corporate Police State. Hah!!

What is this NationStates Banana Phone of The Westphalian Empire? What's this about raid raid raid? I'm watching them...Looks suspicious.

#48 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

If this discussion is going to continue on to future pages it should really move to the fan discussion board.

#49 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Your call.

#50 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

Moved.

And I'm already bored.

To spice things up Everyone must create some kind of background to their country. (As sane or insane as you like)\

The fiefdom of Magnushellhound (Truly known as the Fiefdom of Magnus) was formerly know as the nation of Jubovea. Jubovea was a peaceful nation with little to no standing military and a small ineffective police force. This made the country prime choice for the seventy roaming Scots who flead from the combined might of America and Brittan at the end of the scotch-english war which ravened most of modern day Great Brittan. After the English received aid from the Americas the Scot army was driven back and was soundly defeated. The only remaining kilt wearers of the army numbered just under seventy. Knowing they couldn't take back Brittan with their current strength they flea to the area of Khazan, where they took over the small country of Jubovea and hope one day to sail back to the land of their birth and drive the English from the shores.

#51 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

The Disputed Territories of CBUB is a medium-small piece of land smack dab in the middle of the Khazan region made up mainly of the lucky freedom craving citizens of the four surrounding states: The Holy Empire of Marvel, Holy Empire of Treacherous, Kingdom of Cruciamentum, and the Dominion of Left Wing Politicians. All four nation have claimed this land at one point or another and wish to overtake it and exterminate those who fled their regimes. CBUB, being a small democratic nation surrounded by four dictatorship regional powers, fears for its independence and has joined the World Assembly, gaining recognition as a nation on the global stage but sadly none of its neibors recognize the authority of the WA.

#52 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

I forgot when I created Norausa, but I had written something up when it was only a few million people strong. And, as it shows, my understanding of how government works wasn't very good.

GOVERNMENT
Norausa features a constitutional monarchy, though is has many features of American-esque republics. A hereditary ruler is appointed at the current monarch's death or abdication. The emperor or empress holds formidable political power, though has limited military power. Has the ability to appoint and dismiss cabinet members, prime ministers, House of Lords legislators, and advisers. Though it is unprecedented, a monarch may dismiss one of the mentioned members even though the legislature does not agree.

There is a bicameral legislative branch, with the House of Lords and the House of Commons. The House of Lords feature hereditary, life-appointed aristocratic members and meritocratic members appointed by the Commons or the king/queen. If a monarch can command a 25%+ vote in the Lords, he/she can dismiss a Lords member. The Prime Minister is the leader of the House of Lords, and is appointed by the ruling monarch. The Prime Minister can be dismissed by the monarch or a 75% vote from both houses. The House of Commons is representational by population of province/state, and members serve 3-year terms. They cannot be dismissed by the monarch.

The Royal Courts consist of judges variously appointed by monarch or legislature. They serve life terms, and can only be dismissed by 50% vote from both houses plus a dismissal by the monarch, or by a 66% vote from both houses. The High Royal Court, the highest authority in legal matters, consists of three monarch-appointed members, three-Lords appointed members, and three Commons-appointed members. The High Royal Court ensures that the other two branches do not step out of their consitutional bounds. Local courts are governed by local legislatures.

The Norau Constitution is very similar to that of the American United States, in that it guarantees several basic rights as well as outlines the workings of the government.

ECONOMY
Norausa embraces a free-market, capitalist economy, with minimal government interference. There are measures guarding against monopolies and illegal procedures, however.

MILITARY (Mk1)
The Norausan military is very disciplined, well-equiped, but rather small, consisting of no more than ten army groups, as befitting the small national population. Norausan military tactics revolves around its lightning fast infantry and armor, with the Norausan mechanized and light infantry deemed to be one of the best in the world. The Norausan Navy and Air Force, by comparison, are also well-trained and well-equiped, but far less prestigious than the ground forces.

==Great Exodus==
Around the 2200s, the current ruler, Emperor Tammin Hotaka-Willowane, made contact with several advanced, space-faring nations, and struck a deal that would change the course of destiny for Norausa. Facing increasing military and ecomonic pressure from larger, more populous nations, Emperor Tammin negotiated several trades with the space-going peoples. In exchange for several billion energy credits and some "on loan" infantry advisors, Emperor Tammin negotiated a planet-wide exodus, where several volumous worldships would transport his people to a new region, to be later christened Nova Caliburn.

Small as the population is, however, the entire transplantation of the Norausans was a multi-year task. Eventually, over the course of half a century, the former territory of the Norausan Empire was abandoned and left for the land-hungry nations to squabble over.

==Nova Caliburn==
Having successfully transferred power to the new system of Nova Caliburn, the current emperor, Jonothan Shieldes-Arnasu, focused on rebuilding the military. Because of its small size and recent arrival, the Norausan Empire was extremely vulnerable to rival space territories and pirates. Having procured some "future-tech" technologies, the Norausan military R&D departments and private research firms jumpstarted a technological revolution.

The dedicated scientists discovered new scientic laws while industrious researchers churned out new, spectacular technologies. Within a bare thirty years after relocation, the Norausan Empire was again a military powerhouse.

===Government===
Government is, by and large, the same, although the emperor/empress has been given higher discretionary powers in regard to the military.

===Economy===
Like the government, the general Norausan economy has changed very little. New avenues for profit have opened with the relocation to the Nova Caliburn region, which the myriad corporations and industries seek to capitalize on. Has advanced technology in regards to nanotech, advanced materials, and energy manipulation.

===Military===
Having become a serious space-age contender, Norausa's military is similarly improved. Divided into five groupings: Ground Strike, Fleet, Fleet Strike, Armored Strike, Imperial Guard. While still a heavily ground-oriented force, the Norausan military has a powerful space-based navy, centered around ten main fleets, and some elements of Ground Strike and Armored Strike can actually engage targets in high orbit.

#53 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have an idea guys, just tell me what you think.

How about in order to have a common reference point I make a map and we fill it in with our nations in order to get a concrete idea of who borders who, what kind of landscape they have, how big they are, etc.....

#54 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have an idea guys, just tell me what you think.

How about in order to have a common reference point I make a map and we fill it in with our nations in order to get a concrete idea of who borders who, what kind of landscape they have, how big they are, etc.....

Sounds good, but how would we decide what the map is like and who goes where?

#55 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

I am not really sure....I figured we could all work together to figure it out.

#56 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

Norausa borders everyone because it's just that cool.

#57 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

I think it would be very interesting to have an official Map of the Khazan Region along with in depth stories about each nation.

#58 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:33 AM

I think it would be very interesting to have an official Map of the Khazan Region along with in depth stories about each nation.

You know, it would be great if we could somehow combine those two ideas into one and make an interactive map of sorts.

Of course the application of that idea is completely dependent on whether or not anyone knows how do do that (or has an idea as to how to do that) and is willing to put in the time.

#59 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

You know, it would be great if we could somehow combine those two ideas into one and make an interactive map of sorts.

Of course the application of that idea is completely dependent on whether or not anyone knows how do do that (or has an idea as to how to do that) and is willing to put in the time.

Well, unless someone knows how to code it, and implement it, this would have to be manually done.

There was one thing that was fairly well done that I participated in on Ulthuan.net a warhammer fantasy site. They organized a whole Multi-Factioned War on their forum. It had a map that was updated every other day automatically, each player had their army that they fought with and had to reinforce when casualties were taken, and they could move across the map from area to area fighting any enemy in the battlezone.

I was a member of the Dwarven armies and saw great action down south in the deserts fighting with the undead Khemri. Our battlegroup smashed a path straight to their capitol and we almost razed it before we were recalled north. Apparently a whole battlegroup of Chaos Warriors had snuck their way into the dwarven mountains, but it turned out to be a trick and that there was only one small warband. The damage had been done though and we were never able to force our way back in.

There are only two problems with that though.

1) You'd have to talk to Serge or any of the Admins that know coding and can talk to Serge.
2) The guys that made & ran it at Ulthuan said that they are never going to give the code out.

#60 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Woo! Just Joined....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users