Photo

NationStates

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#1 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Do you like being in power? Do you enjoy doing anything you want? Can you pick a flag, choose a name, and password?

If yes, then join this site:

http://www.nationstates.net/

Create your country and watch it grow under your rule. Create allies, enemies, etc. Choose a national animal and make your currency. Then team up with your fellow EF users in the Khazan region.

#2 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

I've played that site before. Fun concept. There's also NationStates 2, a sequel.

#3 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:21 AM

I joined the region.

#4 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

Magnushellhound's national animal is the ak47, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests,

Yeah, come live in my country. Just try to complain about the health care . . .

#5 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

Hehe...Glad to have you aboard, Magnus!

#6 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

And I'm in.

It shouldn't be too hard to find me amongst the less than half a dozen other nations we have...

#7 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:45 AM

Just joined.

#8 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

Looks like fun.

#9 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:09 AM

Looks like fun.

I used to play this too. I should get into it again.

Actually, I just started...

"Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. 101st Delta's national animal is the skulldrag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dragon punch."

#10 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

I used to play this too. I should get into it again.

Actually, I just started...

"Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. 101st Delta's national animal is the skulldrag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dragon punch."

The Dominion of Left-Wing Politicians is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

#11 The Seeker of Stuff

The Seeker of Stuff

Captain Wonderful

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

The Holy Empire of Ormna is a fledgling, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 6 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 43%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Gambling.

Elections have been outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ormna's national animal is the kitten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the thorn.

Ormna is ranked 6th in the region and 53,618th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.

#12 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

Yes...

Skiralos, providing your nations Trout & Beef pizzas since a couple hours ago...

#13 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

In case you haven't ready it yet, the novel Jennifer Government by Nationstates creator Max Barry is a great book. Highly recommend.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Superman himself likes the book.

#14 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

I'm in, The Repbulic of Lucifer and The Light

#15 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Should anyone care, my nation is The Kingdom of Cruciamentum!

#16 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

Dang. I just had a "Should people be allowed to sell their organs" issue. Kind of divided on it. Add in today's "Dead People Organs are Government Property" issue, and I'm having second thoughts on my health system. I was told lives would be saved, but College students are using this to make ends meet! Don't sell your kidneys you fools!

Man, I wish I had a Death Panel. Me, Morgan Freeman, Olivia Wilde, Conan O'Brien, and Oprah should decide your grandma's fate...

EDIT: @ Surfer :huh:

Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, cars are banned, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.

#17 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

Awesome.

The Empire of Nova Force Nova is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6 million are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.

The tiny, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A substantial private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Arms Manufacturing.

Crime is a serious problem. Nova Force Nova's national animal is the Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Nova Chips.

Nova Force Nova is ranked 1st in the region and 11,186th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.

I have the Fastest-Growing Economy in the region? Sweet. :huh:

#18 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

A Parody nation The Disputed Territories of CBUB.

#19 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

A Parody nation The Disputed Territories of CBUB.

I was wondering who it was that had the guts to name their country CBUB.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:25 AM

The Holy Empire of Treacherous is now alive and thriving. Tread Carefully my little playthings.

What else is funny: The CBUBites and even the CBUB Trolls are happier nations than the FPL. Cynical FPLers...never happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users