• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

An interesting thought indeed.

However, out of sheer curiosity, how good is something like that if said Necron lands or is hit by an EMP mine, which Rakai'Thwei also happens to utilize in his hunts?

-Rakai'Thwei

They're living Metal, EMP doesn't/shouldn't affect them like other Machines and AI. Though if it did do anything to them, it would only cause them to pause for a handful of seconds as the small amount of damage is repaired.

"The Necrontyr originally invented living metal for use in constructing their ships. It is a metallic substance that appears to grow and heal as if it were part of a living organism. It is most often associated with the skin of the C'tan as well as the bodies of the Necrons and their amazing regenerative abilities.

The hull of all Necron vehicles, including the Necron Monolith and the Necron Pylon, is also made of this living metal, where its adaptive and regerative capabilities render powerful weapons such as Meltaguns, Multi-meltas and Power Fists almost obsolete.

This deadly testament to Necron power has inspired the infamous Tau saying "Living Armour Happens""

#22 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

"The Necrontyr originally invented living metal for use in constructing their ships. It is a metallic substance that appears to grow and heal as if it were part of a living organism. It is most often associated with the skin of the C'tan as well as the bodies of the Necrons and their amazing regenerative abilities.

Thats an interesting concept. Hmmm..

-Rakai'Thwei

#23 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:30 AM

I was looking around your character Skirm and I saw the Warhammer stats you gave him and those are RP converted right or something of the sorts...

#24 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:40 AM

I was looking around your character Skirm and I saw the Warhammer stats you gave him and those are RP converted right or something of the sorts...

Yeah, It's made using mostly Dark Heresy, but I've modded it slightly to fit into a more RP like environment. Though like I said, I'm not to good at RPing, so right now they're just numbers.

If you want to know what it means, Avg Human would have a Stat Line of 30's to 40's. Anything under is weak or frail, and anything above would be exceptional.

Space Marines would be stat line of 40's to 50's.

Basically Dark Heresy just gave all the stats in tabletop a x10 boost to make them fit with percentile dice.

#25 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

Yeah, It's made using mostly Dark Heresy, but I've modded it slightly to fit into a more RP like environment. Though like I said, I'm not to good at RPing, so right now they're just numbers.

If you want to know what it means, Avg Human would have a Stat Line of 30's to 40's. Anything under is weak or frail, and anything above would be exceptional.

Space Marines would be stat line of 40's to 50's.

Basically Dark Heresy just gave all the stats in tabletop a x10 boost to make them fit with percentile dice.

You know what I wish my guys had stats like that in my army....

#26 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:46 AM

You know what I wish my guys had stats like that in my army....

Well a Necron Lord does have Strength and Toughness 5... For comparison a Space Marine is only 4.

#27 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

Well a Necron Lord does have Strength and Toughness 5... For comparison a Space Marine is only 4.

Well I play Fantasy and the Strength and Toughness scores still average 5. So in 40,000 years they still haven't evolved that much.

#28 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Actually, in Predator 2, this plasma ball fails to kill the protagonist while he's wearing a bullet-proof vest, all he manages to do is force him to take it off. The Brute's armor >>>>>>> the protagonist's vest. Also, the Elite is stronger and tougher. It's no more powerful than a Grunts standard weapon on full power.

#29 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:02 AM

Well I play Fantasy and the Strength and Toughness scores still average 5. So in 40,000 years they still haven't evolved that much.

Well there's a conversion difference apparently between the two systems.

A tough Dwarf Lord has a Toughness of 5. But if he were in 40K he Might just barely make T4.

Same with Cannons, Fantasy has them S10, but in 40K they'd probably be S5.

#30 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

Well there's a conversion difference apparently between the two systems.

A tough Dwarf Lord has a Toughness of 5. But if he were in 40K he Might just barely make T4.

Same with Cannons, Fantasy has them S10, but in 40K they'd probably be S5.

Well it's a good thing that I don't make those conversions when I go and do hybrid battles or I would probably lose.

#31 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

I wish 40k TT didn't cost a big amount, then I might play myself.

#32 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Actually, in Predator 2, this plasma ball fails to kill the protagonist while he's wearing a bullet-proof vest, all he manages to do is force him to take it off. The Brute's armor >>>>>>> the protagonist's vest. Also, the Elite is stronger and tougher. It's no more powerful than a Grunts standard weapon on full power.

You're talking to the Halo guy here...

First the Pred Two hit was a Low powered blast IIRC (Rakai can confirm this probably) And it was stopped by the Hard Plate in the vest.

Second, Elites and Pred may just be similar in strength and toughness. Rakai says that Preds are in the several Ton range and my calcs on Elites show that they too are in the several ton range. Preds have survived close range small arms fire, Elites have too (Without their shields) as seen when Miranda Keyes broke the Arbiters shields with her dual SMGs. He was slightly wounded, but I would guess it was more of an irritation than anything life threatening as he received No medical attention and continued to fight.

#33 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:29 AM

Small bullets irritate Yautja, but bigger ones would do more than irritate them, and I'm fairly sure 26th century SMG's are deadlier than any hand pistol. Yautja are also less armored from what I see, at least the Elite's armor makes up much of its body, while the armor of the Yautja makes up the head and (?)shoulders.

I am also interested in the roleplaying thing, I want to be included! (said in childish way)

#34 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:43 AM

Small bullets irritate Yautja, but bigger ones would do more than irritate them, and I'm fairly sure 26th century SMG's are deadlier than any hand pistol. Yautja are also less armored from what I see, at least the Elite's armor makes up much of its body, while the armor of the Yautja makes up the head and (?)shoulders.

I am also interested in the roleplaying thing, I want to be included! (said in childish way)

SMGs are only 5x23mm M443 Caseless FMJ/.197 Caliber Rounds

This is low calibre and with only 427 m/s muzzle Velocity, low KE as well. They're designed to put as many rounds down range as possible, which is why they're called Bullet Hoses. Being caseless they can at least hold 60 rounds/magazine so that's something.

#35 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

Alright.

#36 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:11 AM

As for Armour comparison... Well Sangheili have better protection for their limbs, especially their thighs. But over all the Sangheili have only about 50% more armour coverage than the Yautjan armour.

Posted Image

#37 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

It just seems the Covenant is much more advanced than the Yautja. I would expect an Elite to be much better equip than Yautja elders.

#38 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

What is so hard to understand? Necron Lords can rip Space Marines right out of their power armor.

Whilst Yautja can get hurt by... bullets.

Nothing the Yautja has can hurt the Necron, except for the wrist nuke. Plasma Weapon is useless, Necrons face weapons like that all the time.

Blades? How will these be more effective than Force Weapons?

The Necron Lord teleports right beside the Yautja, camo or no, and blasts it with the gauss cannon. Game over.

#39 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

Actually Necron Lords rip daemon enhanced Chapter Masters (loyalists to the Emperor still) apart.

There are also NL who have spider legs and are many times bigger than Space Marines, but they don't use the same Gauss Weaponry as normal troopers, but it would still kill a Yautja.

#40 gettozachoppa

gettozachoppa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Actually Necron Lords rip daemon enhanced Chapter Masters (loyalists to the Emperor still) apart.

There are also NL who have spider legs and are many times bigger than Space Marines, but they don't use the same Gauss Weaponry as normal troopers, but it would still kill a Yautja.

New to the forum itself but here a mind boggler for you would the pred be able to register the Necron as a thermal signature or would he have to use one of his other miscellaneous vision modes (pred2) also would the necron be able to locate the predator through its shield not much of a source on Necron tech but considering the fact that pred plasma bolts appear to rip straight through the hull of American main battle tanks (at least in the comics) I'd say that what is basically a terminator with the ability to teleport wouldn't find it an easy fight especially with as combistick or disk in his gut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users