256 replies to this topic

#201 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

There's multiple ways to solve the agility problem. It's possible to create new, stronger metals without having them get heavier. Also, new power sources would help.

Actually that would still be a problem cause the Titan will also retain it's immense weight and it's new and strong metals will still make it more dense then the planet, meaning the same problems will still occur.

#202 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Actually that would still be a problem cause the Titan will also retain it's immense weight and it's new and strong metals will still make it more dense then the planet, meaning the same problems will still occur.

Simple problem fixed with Anti-Grav Technology. If your Titan weighs too much then make it weigh less!

#203 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Simple problem fixed with Anti-Grav Technology. If your Titan weighs too much then make it weigh less!

Yes then why would you need to make it more agile and faster if it can simply be weightless? Also it would have to have a generator that would have to be immensly large.

#204 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Titans also have to get proper weaponry. Some guns have kiloton effects at best, and others have the power of gigatons. The Coalition must fix that problem.

#205 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Yes then why would you need to make it more agile and faster if it can simply be weightless? Also it would have to have a generator that would have to be immensly large.

It doesn't have to be completely weightless, just weight enough to move around without sinking into the planet. That would mean smaller generators that could be incorporated throughout the frame of the Titan. For actual Lift they could use more conventional means like Rockets and Directional Jets.

Besides, they don't even have to be That Big anymore, a few stories could easily do the job. And with the amalgamation of Tech, these Titans would look and act much like large suits of Power Armour than Mechs.

#206 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

It doesn't have to be completely weightless, just weight enough to move around without sinking into the planet. That would mean smaller generators that could be incorporated throughout the frame of the Titan. For actual Lift they could use more conventional means like Rockets and Directional Jets.

Besides, they don't even have to be That Big anymore, a few stories could easily do the job. And with the amalgamation of Tech, these Titans would look and act much like large suits of Power Armour than Mechs.

Meaning it's not a titan just a mech meaning the whole conversion prcess is rather useless time consuming and a rather large waste of money for relativley the same amount of use for more moolah.

#207 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

Meaning it's not a titan just a mech meaning the whole conversion prcess is rather useless time consuming and a rather large waste of money for relativley the same amount of use for more moolah.

?Huh?

It would probably cost just the same to retrofit existing titans with Amalgam Tech as it would be to design and produce a whole new line of Super Titans.

You could have these Newer Titans dealing and receiving Just as much damage as the Bigger ones AND be as agile and fast as Eldar Titans.

#208 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

?Huh?

It would probably cost just the same to retrofit existing titans with Amalgam Tech as it would be to design and produce a whole new line of Super Titans.

You could have these Newer Titans dealing and receiving Just as much damage as the Bigger ones AND be as agile and fast as Eldar Titans.

Titans are powerful cause they fit large strong weapons that rival ships and by taking away it's size you take away power making it only as powerful as a mech with many unessecary attachments.

#209 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

Titans are powerful cause they fit large strong weapons that rival ships and by taking away it's size you take away power making it only as powerful as a mech with many unessecary attachments.

Unless you upgrade it's power supply. See you could swap out those ancient plasma generators, for Hypermatter Reactors, and get the same bang for your buck in a much smaller package.

#210 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Does anyone have an idea as to how we could kick off the storyline for this epic conglomerant of Sci-Fi universes?

#211 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

I assume we can have an entire planet covered in Necrodermis, with the Coalition fighting there first. The defenses will contain
Spoiler
of Necron ships, with Xeno ships as support.

#212 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

I assume we can have an entire planet covered in Necrodermis, with the Coalition fighting there first. The defenses will contain

Spoiler
of Necron ships, with Xeno ships as support.

Hmm...Possibly having the Humans without their external support from their own Coalition (for the time being)?

#213 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hmm...Possibly having the Humans without their external support from their own Coalition (for the time being)?

Maybe, but it would be a massacre.

#214 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

Maybe, but it would be a massacre.

With the meshed tech, even? Or is this before the Coalition manages to merge technology?

#215 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

With the meshed tech, even? Or is this before the Coalition manages to merge technology?

It would be before the Coalition starts. I mean, there has to be a way they join.

#216 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

It would be before the Coalition starts. I mean, there has to be a way they join.

Well...the Beyonder was the one who joined them, more or less...

#217 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

Well...the Beyonder was the one who joined them, more or less...

It could have been a sequence to him as to how they joined.

#218 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

It could have been a sequence to him as to how they joined.

I'm thinking it's Humanity's forces before they manage to maerge tech, like Skirmisher guessed. They'll fight with what they have for now, and then, once they've finished fusing their technology, they'll fight with that.

Kinda works with what you suggested as well...I think. :huh:

#219 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

Hey, MF do you mind adding some more......I know it may seem a bit over stocked but I have a good Idea for both sides and it seems that the only advantage the Xenos have is numbers and I have a army that can help with that and I also have an army that can speed up tech merging for Humans.

#220 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hmm...What/who are these armies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users