• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

The Earth flies in orbit at 1,100 miles a minute. Earth is held in orbit by the suns gravity, not its own. Since it is moving outward at a speed of 1,100 miles a minute and its mass is 5.9736×10^24 kg is has enormous force and it would take incalculable energy just to alter its course slightly. Massive meteor impacts and nuclear detonations have had no effect whatsoever on the planets orbit.

The point I was making with the destroying a planet is that if you cause a massive crack in the crust, then chain reaction ensues. Beneath the crust the Earth is not solid or stable. Once again I would like to stress the fact that the planet in question is of unknown size (thought it seems relatively smaller than Earth), and unknown composition (certain planets should be far more brittle or weak than others. I still stand strong on my assertion that it takes more energy to more a planet than to destroy it.

#42 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

In The Trinity story arc Konvict knocks out Superman in one punch and Wonder Woman keeps on fighting and holds Konvict off alone until Clark regains consciousness, and then she continues fighting Konvict alone (who's power levels were said to be off the charts) while Batman and Superman check the spacecraft and come up with a plan.

Wonder Woman is strong enough to pull 1/3 of the Earth, fast enough to react to Superman at FTL, and durable enough to take blows from the strongest the DC Universe has to offer. She is not out of her league. She has thousands of years experience and training fighting the most powerful monsters, aliens and super powered beings from across the Universe.

I see no reason to believe that Gladiator is any stronger or faster in battle than Superman is.

I've always suspected that Glads at full confidence was faster and stronger than Supes..but if he is starting at normal confidence(as the writer of this battle has stated), then maybe its a closer fight than some of us imagine... Does anyone have any scans to confirm or dispute this feat either way..? Until then, I'm leaning towards Glads due to general badassery on his part...
Although I'm still not totally convinced that GT's assesment is far off...
~pool

#43 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thanx you for the input....nice analysis of the situation.

#44 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

Thanx you for the input....nice analysis of the situation.

Not a prob GT and thanks for the compliment... always nice to be the voice of reason..
Besides your alias and avatar are kickass so you get gp points on that alone...
~pool

#45 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Thanx bro, yours are sweet as well. <_<

#46 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

The Earth flies in orbit at 1,100 miles a minute. Earth is held in orbit by the suns gravity, not its own. Since it is moving outward at a speed of 1,100 miles a minute and its mass is 5.9736×10^24 kg is has enormous force and it would take incalculable energy just to alter its course slightly. Massive meteor impacts and nuclear detonations have had no effect whatsoever on the planets orbit.

The point I was making with the destroying a planet is that if you cause a massive crack in the crust, then chain reaction ensues. Beneath the crust the Earth is not solid or stable. Once again I would like to stress the fact that the planet in question is of unknown size (thought it seems relatively smaller than Earth), and unknown composition (certain planets should be far more brittle or weak than others. I still stand strong on my assertion that it takes more energy to more a planet than to destroy it.

Fair enough, but I still hold to my assertion that blowing a planet up requires much more energy. :huh:

#47 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

I don't know...Modern Superman blew up a planet all by himself but it took help from WW and Martian Manhunter to move the Earth.

#48 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

I don't know...Modern Superman blew up a planet all by himself but it took help from WW and Martian Manhunter to move the Earth.

That's just inconsistency. Superman is in my belief, capable of both feats by himself.

#49 metamutant

metamutant

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Glady wins a close fight depending on his confidence level, although WW is skilled enough to win some too especially with her magical gear.

#50 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

Glady wins a close fight depending on his confidence level, although WW is skilled enough to win some too especially with her magical gear.

Fair enough good sir.

#51 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Fair enough good sir.

GT, I can't believe you waited all that time just to finally give in..this debate was one of my faves.. :D

#52 Guest_mollyhayes01_*

Guest_mollyhayes01_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Glads may be confident but wonder woman is an ass kicker she even went out of her way to kill for superman so I think she will destroy him

#53 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

GT, I can't believe you waited all that time just to finally give in..this debate was one of my faves.. :D

Haha I still don't believe Gladiator wins, but I respect the argument he put forth and I have nothing further to say so we are stuck where we are, so I said it's fair wenough. i don't think eithe rof us was going to change the others mind in the end. We both took the proof set forward differently and I respect his opinion. Nothing more to say.

#54 Guest_mollyhayes01_*

Guest_mollyhayes01_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Haha I still don't believe Gladiator wins, but I respect the argument he put forth and I have nothing further to say so we are stuck where we are, so I said it's fair wenough. i don't think eithe rof us was going to change the others mind in the end. We both took the proof set forward differently and I respect his opinion. Nothing more to say.

hahahahaha you were joking an im not laughing get your ass out there and argue NOW!!!!! lol..........Im serious

#55 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

:D 'nuff said
Nice to see ya back by the way

#56 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

Thanx...its nice talking to you guys agian.

#57 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Kallark wins in a very close match.

#58 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

gladiator wins easy.

#59 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Why are you bumping these old threads?

#60 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

It's a comic, the writers make them do that stuff. All I know is that Glads took out Juggernaut and WW isn't going to do that lol

WW ftw as she is one tough woman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users