• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Wonder Woman is strong enough to pull 1/3 of the Earth, fast enough to react to Superman at FTL, and durable enough to take blows from the strongest the DC Universe has to offer. She is not out of her league. She has thousands of years experience and training fighting the most powerful monsters, aliens and super powered beings from across the Universe.

And Gladiator destroys planets in an emo rage, is shown going out of an explosion that was could have destroyed 1/3(Or something of that nature, I forget Reed's exact words) of the solar system at 100c(That's 100X the speed of light), wades through stars, and shoots heat vision through the Hulk. He's quite frankly, one of the most physically dominating characters around, The Silver Surfer can't beat him without using his Kryptonite. In a straight up fight, Gladiator is above Marvel or DC Earth.

I see no reason to believe that Gladiator is any stronger or faster in battle than Superman is.

You need only see Gladiator fighting Hyperion in nanoseconds, using nothing but speed to act in a Celestial generated timestop, to see that he can fight faster than Clark.

#22 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

You are going off of one scan out of his entire history for the 100X speed of light thing. ONE scan out of the entire history of him in comics. How about we use facts that are consistent for him? I could list off a similar group of accomplishments for Wonder Woman but that really wouldn't get us very far now would it?

You act as if Superman and Wonder Woman have never fought at those speeds before.

#23 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

One scan says it, the others show that it isn't something one-off. What more do you want? Him fighting even with Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk without using that kind of speed? It's not one scan, its Gladiator.

#24 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

I am sorry but he certainly wasn't fighting any of those characters at 100x the speed of light.

#25 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

The fact that Glads can accelerate fast enough to get to 100x lightspeed, flight or not, is incredible.

Even if he could only fight at 10% or 5% the speed he flies at, he still is AT LEAST as fast as Clark.

Not that he needs to fight. Let's take into account these 3 statements.

A. Gladiator can fly at 100x the speed of light.

B. Gladiator can destroy planets.

C. If you fly at somebody at 100x the speed of light and make contact with your fists, which are durable enough to crush planets and the cores of stars, they will get badly hurt.

All true, right? Thus, we arrive at the conclusion:

D. If Gladiator flies at Wonder Woman at 100x the speed of light and makes contact with his fists, and he continues to do this over and over again, then Wonder Woman will get beaten.

#26 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

Then why doesn't Gladiator just do that in every fight if its so effective?

Like I said the 100x speed of light thing has been shown once in his entire history in comics, you are taking his VERY top feats shown only once or twice in comics and disregarding how he normally fairs in fights, which would put him slightly above WW physically but not so far its unfair.

This fight they are in character so I don't see how it is likely he will do something he has NEVER done in comics before, which is fly into someone with his fists at 100x the speed of light.

#27 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Besides Gladiator had trouble lifting the Baxter Building.....Diana has moved 1/3 of the Earth.

#28 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

Besides Gladiator had trouble lifting the Baxter Building.....Diana has moved 1/3 of the Earth.

Gladiator lifts Shi-ar starrships as a side-job.

Do you know how much those things weigh?

#29 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

I am just going to guess since they are in space nothing <_<....but in all seriousness I doubt its equivalent to moving 1/3 of the Earth.

#30 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

I am just going to guess since they are in space nothing <_<....but in all seriousness I doubt its equivalent to moving 1/3 of the Earth.

Ehh...Fair enough.

#31 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Nice Wonder Woman pic, By the way, Ghost. <_<

#32 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

Thanx...and I don't mean to make this sound like I don't think Glads can win....he is a powerful opponent....just presenting my points on why Wonder Woman could also win....and why I think she could win more than she would lose.

#33 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

Thanx...and I don't mean to make this sound like I don't think Glads can win....he is a powerful opponent....just presenting my points on why Wonder Woman could also win....and why I think she could win more than she would lose.

That is the point of a debate...I'll look for scans later. <_<

#34 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Exactly

#35 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

Then why doesn't Gladiator just do that in every fight if its so effective?

Like I said the 100x speed of light thing has been shown once in his entire history in comics, you are taking his VERY top feats shown only once or twice in comics and disregarding how he normally fairs in fights, which would put him slightly above WW physically but not so far its unfair.

This fight they are in character so I don't see how it is likely he will do something he has NEVER done in comics before, which is fly into someone with his fists at 100x the speed of light.

That tactic is called charging, and it is generaly accepted that in fights, both characters are bloodlusted and will do anything to win.

GLadiator has punched planets apart. MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE then pulling 1/3 of the Earth. Also, can I see proof that DIana was actually pulling 1/3 of the Earth? For all we know, Superman was pulling 3/4 of the Earth and Diana and J'onn were sharing 1/4.

#36 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

Actually no it takes much more energy to move a planet out of orbit than it does punch it till it crumbles. Also the planet in question that gladiator punched till it crumbled , we have no idea how big it was or what its geological make-up was like.

Has never done what you claimed he would do in a fight so i don't see it as a likely option for him, he has been angry and bloodlusted before an not done it.

I also have seen a scan that shows Modern Superman and Wonder woman are in the same strength category, and MM is also accepted as similar in strength therefore since all three are said to have similar strength and all three were straining while pulling its logical that they were pulling similar loads.

#37 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Proof that pulling 1/3 of a planet is harder than punching it apart?

And, even if you take away the charge tactic, Gladiator is STILL faster than Wonder Woman, and Superman for that matter, who haven't (to my knowledge) show flight speed coming near that fast.

Glads>>Superman and WW in flight speed.

Thus, it is only the next logical conclusion that:

Glads>>Superman and WW in combat speed.

And the 100x lightspeed feat, even though it only occured once, is STILL a feat. It's called a high-end feat. What are Diana's high-end feats?

#38 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

All the handbooks relate that he needs to accelerate to reach 98% the speed of light and then and only then can he enter hyperspace to allow him to go faster than light speed.

I will repeat - he needs to enter hyperspace to go faster than light and as with virtually all flyers he needs to accelerate to get to this speed.

So he cannot react at 100 times the speed of light.

Flight speed in a direct line is not the same as reaction speed or the power of super speed - that why it's call flight speed - so as not to confuse the 2.

Super speed is what Flash possesses - you seen it a million times - everything around him appears to be staue still - even bullets passing through the air towards him. He is moving and processing information thousands of times faster than us. Even with Gladiators limited appareanaces he has not really displayed this ability.

Did he wipe out the FF or the X-men when he fought them - in less than 5 seconds by super speed punching all of them. No he did not. Did he do this trick to Thor when they fought. No he did not. If he had Thor would not have landed a blow on him - Gladiator would have simply been to fast in reaction time for Thor.

Since when can you deduce from flight speed how fast someone can fight. that makes no sense whatsoever. As far as high end feats diana is written a lot more consistently than gladiator. She has feats like pulling 1/3 the earth, defeating Superman, taking hits from characters as strong as or stronger than Superman, defeating gods, and demons, etc. She consistently shows reflexes to catch/deflect bullets and fight characters with superspeed.

#39 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

As for the argument that moving a planet is harder than destroying one (with an unknown size, composition, and age mind you) scientists have calculated that focused energies equivalent to a few megatons of TNT or an earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter scale, would be sufficient to crack the earths crust. So if gladiator could provide that much force with a blow from his fists over and over, then it may be sufficient to get the effect of a chain reaction going. i would wager gladiator can probably hit with that amount of force, I mean he is an immensely powerful character.

However, this energy is an insignificant fraction of that needed to move a planet weighing in at 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons, meaning earth. Modern Nuclear weapons could administer a blow equal to a few megatons of TNT. Do to the fact that nuclear test have never been able to even budge the earth it is safe to say that the amount of energy needed to destroy a planet is an insufficient amount of energy o actually destroy it.

#40 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

As for the argument that moving a planet is harder than destroying one (with an unknown size, composition, and age mind you) scientists have calculated that focused energies equivalent to a few megatons of TNT or an earthquake of magnitude 7 on the Richter scale, would be sufficient to crack the earths crust. So if gladiator could provide that much force with a blow from his fists over and over, then it may be sufficient to get the effect of a chain reaction going. i would wager gladiator can probably hit with that amount of force, I mean he is an immensely powerful character.

However, this energy is an insignificant fraction of that needed to move a planet weighing in at 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons, meaning earth. Modern Nuclear weapons could administer a blow equal to a few megatons of TNT. Do to the fact that nuclear test have never been able to even budge the earth it is safe to say that the amount of energy needed to destroy a planet is an insufficient amount of energy o actually destroy it.

Umm...Not really.

Cracking the crust, and cracking the whole planet have major differences. Not to mention the fact that blowing the planet up would require those peices to escape the pull of gravity from the other peices. That takes a lot of force.

Also, the fact that the Earth would weigh 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Tons under it's own gravity does not qualify in space, where it's simply held in place by its inertia, and not weight/gravitational forces. Technically, Supes, WW, and Martian, did not pull that much weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users