• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

Wonder Woman vs. Gladiator

Wonder Woman has usual gear Tiara, Lasso, Gauntlets/Bracelets, sword.

#2 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

How confident is Gladiator?

#3 Diskyr

Diskyr

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Anything that suits me

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

I'm guessing Horny Confident

#4 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

I'm guessing Horny Confident

If that's the case, he stomps all over the place.

#5 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Comics<br />Sports<br />Fitness<br />History<br />Writing<br />Literature<br />Music

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

He starts out with average confidence....however I could see it quickly going down if Wonder Woman takes it to him early in the fight.

#6 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

He starts out with average confidence....however I could see it quickly going down if Wonder Woman takes it to him early in the fight.

Why does everyone assume Gladiator's confidence is as changing as the wind?

He remains confident even in the face of death!

#7 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Then why would they even make his power waver with his confidence if his confidence never changed?

I would think any self-respecting man's confidence would start to drop after getting beat on by a girl lol.

#8 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

Then why would they even make his power waver with his confidence if his confidence never changed?

I would think any self-respecting man's confidence would start to drop after getting beat on by a girl lol.

Umm...To make an interesting character.

He got the crap kicked outa him by Tyrant, and he never lost confidence. I really doubt a woman will be any different.

Just saying...

#9 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hmmm...perhaps...everyone always asks about his confidence so I imagined it made a difference.

#10 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

Gladiator losses confidence when he is unable to defeat an opponent weaker than him (evidenced in the FF issue where Glads made his debut)

Glads is experienced enough with women to not doubt their power.

He speed-blitzes.

#11 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Speed Blitzes?...You do know Wonder Woman has Superman level reflexes and has displayed fighting speed parallel to just about anything i have ever seen from Gladiator right? He beats her hands down in flight speed, but as far as reflexes in an actual fight she is on par with him and I would say she has the edge in training.

#12 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

Glads can fly much faster than Superman.

He charges her at many times the speed of light and hits her. He then flies away and charges again, and again, and again, until he wins.

#13 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:14 PM

Like I have stated Glads has never displayed the ability to actually fight at that speed, if people like Gambit, Thor, Hulk, etc can keep up with Gladiator I have no doubts Wonder Woman could.

#14 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:52 AM

You don't need to fight.

You fly at her. At such speeds, all you'd have to do is hit her. You don't need to fight, just hit (An analogy would be running somebody over with a car over and over). Being hit by somebody who can smash planets a million times in a pico second will hurt.

Bad.

#15 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

When has he ever smashed a planet a million times in a picosecond? What opponents has he defeated that have Wonder Woman's skill, strength, speed and durability? She can fight Superman at FTL, so why would Gladiator be any different?

#16 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

Like I have stated Glads has never displayed the ability to actually fight at that speed, if people like Gambit, Thor, Hulk, etc can keep up with Gladiator I have no doubts Wonder Woman could.

Check his fight with Hyperion, whole thing happened in nanoseconds, narrator describes it as applying forces that could crush planets(When they're gripping up), etc.

Not to mention, Diana gets hosed everytime she tries to fight with Clark, she's fast, but she isn't lightspeed. Close though.

#17 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:03 AM

When has he ever smashed a planet a million times in a picosecond? What opponents has he defeated that have Wonder Woman's skill, strength, speed and durability? She can fight Superman at FTL, so why would Gladiator be any different?

I meant that he wil hit hurt millions of times in a pico second, with the force to destroy planets.

#18 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

Since when does Diana get hosed every time she fights Clark? Last time I checked she has beaten him before.

A narrator describing that sounds more to me like artistic embellishment than fact. I don't see how he is going to hit her a million times in a picosecond whenever he has never displayed that ability and she has fought Superman ( who is similar to Gladiator in feats) before and come out on top.

WW just about as strong as Gladiator, and has taken on opponents wityh similar strength as well and won.
Her lasso is nigh indestructable and she is an extremely capable expert with thousands of years of mastery with it.
Her durability to physical blows is similar if not greater than Gladiator's and her bracelets are far more than capable of defelecting Gladiator's heat beams.

#19 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

When?

Superman is not similar to Gladiator in feats, Gladiator is much faster and stronger(I don't know anything about this picosecond stuff, I reserve speed like that for Wally West) than Superman, and I've never seen her get a clean win.

No, she isn't, not even close to him in strength. And when did she get a beatdown from a someone as powerful as Tyrant? Mind, Beta Ray Bill was one-shotted by Tyrant in that fight, but Gladiator kept up the attack.

#20 Ghost Tiger

Ghost Tiger

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

In The Trinity story arc Konvict knocks out Superman in one punch and Wonder Woman keeps on fighting and holds Konvict off alone until Clark regains consciousness, and then she continues fighting Konvict alone (who's power levels were said to be off the charts) while Batman and Superman check the spacecraft and come up with a plan.

Wonder Woman is strong enough to pull 1/3 of the Earth, fast enough to react to Superman at FTL, and durable enough to take blows from the strongest the DC Universe has to offer. She is not out of her league. She has thousands of years experience and training fighting the most powerful monsters, aliens and super powered beings from across the Universe.

I see no reason to believe that Gladiator is any stronger or faster in battle than Superman is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users