220 replies to this topic

#41 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Would if the BSP are in a sequal to the avp game.

#42 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

Would if the BSP are in a sequal to the avp game.

Rodriguez and Fox have said that PREDATORS has NOTHING to do with the Aliens vs Predator universe, this would include games.

Their word vs. yours, Strangle-hold Prime.

-Rakai'Thwei

#43 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

Alright, there seems to be some new and perhaps, more crucial information on the Super Predators from script writer, Alex Litvak, who penned the shooting script of PREDATORS. Anyway, here is what we now know, apparently, they are an ancient clan which behaves differently from the Predators we all know and love. They employ different weaponry and different tactics, such as the use the hunting dogs and falcons, rather than tracking down their prey. We have all speculated that there were always renegade clans, and the proof is in the pudding in the new upcoming film, seeing that these Super Predators are at war with the more traditional clans.

The video interview is right there in the link I posted above.

Also, according to a forum member over at IMDB who has connections to a promoter in Europe, he has leaked out some new information about the Super Predators. Fans over at AvPGalaxy speculated this to be nothing more but a rumor, but Litvak's interview gives the rumor some weight to it. So what we're seeing is infact, two different species of Predators fighting each other, an ancestor species fighting against the Yautja. This is supported even in the script that the two different Predator species have been at war for quite sometime.

http://www.imdb.com/.../flat/158819148

"I have a friend in marketing and he has been hired to be part of a team to promote Predators in Europe. He claims the following:

(1) Film will be released in the UK around early August and then the rest of Europe

(2) They have been asked not to promote any of the actors in the film but promote the new Predators. This is the interesting bit...

The new Predators are not the same as the ones in previous movies. They are part of an ancient clan that are rival to the Predators. These new Preds are part of a clan more ancient then any other clan, in fact he mentions that they are a different species from which the Preds we know evolved from. They are not as sophisticated as modern Preds but are more savage and primitive. Kind of simmilar to us and Neanderthalls."

Firstly, by primitive I meant in their behaviour not technology. They are more savage compared to regular Preds. My friend described them as an ancient clan that have maintained their old practices. They enjoy the killing aspect of the hunt, whereas for the normal Preds the hunt it self is the thrill more then the killing. In summary, the RR Preds are meant to be more psycotic and brutal then the honourable Preds we are used to.

So there you have it, there are officially two different species of Predators.. Yautja... and something else.

-Rakai'Thwei

#44 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Rodriguez and Fox have said that PREDATORS has NOTHING to do with the Aliens vs Predator universe, this would include games.

Their word vs. yours, Strangle-hold Prime.

-Rakai'Thwei

I know that.

#45 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

All i know is that I WILL go see this movie but I am not expecting too much seeing as how he has essentially altered everything a pred is like. Heck, they look puny compared to the other movie preds. In those pics their heads look too big for there bodies.

#46 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

All i know is that I WILL go see this movie but I am not expecting too much seeing as how he has essentially altered everything a pred is like. Heck, they look puny compared to the other movie preds. In those pics their heads look too big for there bodies.

Alex Litvak has implied that these Predators are from an entirely different clan from the ones we have seen in Predator, Predator 2, and the AvP films. Infact, there is simple implication that these Predators are an entirely different species and an entirely different culture.

-Rakai'Thwei

#47 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Alex Litvak has implied that these Predators are from an entirely different clan from the ones we have seen in Predator, Predator 2, and the AvP films. Infact, there is simple implication that these Predators are an entirely different species and an entirely different culture.

-Rakai'Thwei

So a different. I can dig that.

#48 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

One thing is for sure, they may not be Yautja at all but there is nothing to say that they are Hish either.

What I found most interesting is in the interview with Mr. Litvak is that there was an implication that each clan hunts differently than the others, that each one has a different system of hunting, and each one has a different system of beliefs like fans have speculated over the years. This is something I can pretty much accept as a Predator fan, as each Predator clan can be viewed as something as different tribal nations, kind of like Native American or African tribes can be viewed differently from each other.

For example, you have two different Native American tribes-- for example, lets compare the Iriqoius (if I misspelled that let me know) and the Apache. Different tribes, different cultures.

This idea that each clan is different from the other is something I find very interesting. We've all speculated it, and there is much evidence now to support this according from Mr. Litvak. Perhaps some clans are honorable, and some are not. Perhaps some clans prefer to hunt in the old ways of tradition, and some do not.

A part of me wants to say that I like this, but I can't be so sure.. the concept could work, but it depends on how it's pulled off.

-Rakai'Thwei

#49 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

So they are a completely different race.

Like the early humans?

#50 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Alright, there seems to be some new and perhaps, more crucial information on the Super Predators from script writer, Alex Litvak, who penned the shooting script of PREDATORS. Anyway, here is what we now know, apparently, they are an ancient clan which behaves differently from the Predators we all know and love. They employ different weaponry and different tactics, such as the use the hunting dogs and falcons, rather than tracking down their prey. We have all speculated that there were always renegade clans, and the proof is in the pudding in the new upcoming film, seeing that these Super Predators are at war with the more traditional clans.

The video interview is right there in the link I posted above.

Also, according to a forum member over at IMDB who has connections to a promoter in Europe, he has leaked out some new information about the Super Predators. Fans over at AvPGalaxy speculated this to be nothing more but a rumor, but Litvak's interview gives the rumor some weight to it. So what we're seeing is infact, two different species of Predators fighting each other, an ancestor species fighting against the Yautja. This is supported even in the script that the two different Predator species have been at war for quite sometime.

http://www.imdb.com/.../flat/158819148

"I have a friend in marketing and he has been hired to be part of a team to promote Predators in Europe. He claims the following:

(1) Film will be released in the UK around early August and then the rest of Europe

(2) They have been asked not to promote any of the actors in the film but promote the new Predators. This is the interesting bit...

The new Predators are not the same as the ones in previous movies. They are part of an ancient clan that are rival to the Predators. These new Preds are part of a clan more ancient then any other clan, in fact he mentions that they are a different species from which the Preds we know evolved from. They are not as sophisticated as modern Preds but are more savage and primitive. Kind of simmilar to us and Neanderthalls."

Firstly, by primitive I meant in their behaviour not technology. They are more savage compared to regular Preds. My friend described them as an ancient clan that have maintained their old practices. They enjoy the killing aspect of the hunt, whereas for the normal Preds the hunt it self is the thrill more then the killing. In summary, the RR Preds are meant to be more psycotic and brutal then the honourable Preds we are used to.

So there you have it, there are officially two different species of Predators.. Yautja... and something else.

-Rakai'Thwei

That sounds better, but I hope they don't make those so called "Super" Predators better than Yautjas. I also hope they don't ruin the franchise.

#51 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

So they are a completely different race.

Like the early humans?

There is some debate as to weither or not they are an off-shoot of the Yautja race, like the Hish or they are just Renegade Yautja who happen to be dabbing into genetic manipulation. Right now, we don't know but what we do know is that they are a different clan than the ones we have seen in Predator, Predator 2, AvP, and AvP-R.

That sounds better, but I hope they don't make those so called "Super" Predators better than Yautjas. I also hope they don't ruin the franchise.

Ah... Rodriguez already pretty much said that in an IGN interview:

"We'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

http://movies.ign.co.../1076393p1.html

Yeah, he just said that he wanted to upgrade a character that never really upgrading to begin with..

And Dark Horse is officially starting a comic series based on Rodriguez's PREDATORS, a prequel series, an adaptation and sequel series.

-Rakai'Thwei

#52 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

BLACK SUPER PREDATOR CONCEPT ART
Posted Image

PREDATORS FOOTAGE

http://www.Predators-movie.com

I HAVE SEEN THE FOOTAGE, AND THE MOVIE LOOKS EFFIN' GREAT!!

-Rakai'Thwei

#53 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

BLACK SUPER PREDATOR CONCEPT ART
Posted Image

They don't look that bad, but I still wished they didn't make some new "super" predator.

#54 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

They don't look that bad, but I still wished they didn't make some new "super" predator.

Watch the footage, Boratz..

-Rakai'Thwei

#55 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Watch the footage, Boratz..

-Rakai'Thwei

I saw the teaser poster, and I think it's pretty great. They keep it dark, and mysterious in a way. I like it for that reason.

The clip was amazing. I guess I'll give these BSPs a chance. It'd be kind of cool if RR would let them be used to fight xenomorphs, because that'd be awesome; esp to see those dogs like hound creatures being torn to shreds, and out of know where the BSP comes face to face with the xeno. RR wants to go in his own direction, and from the clip I guess it wasn't that bad.

Still the only problems I have are not in the BSPs, but really just the cast. Adam Brody doesn't seem like a bad ass(pardon my language). Topher Grace does not seem like some FBI most wanted serial killer nor a bad ass. Lawrence Fishburne, on the other hand, is a great actor, and I like the casting choice. But I guess it's how RR said it, you can't find anybody like Arnold, so you have to find a way to adapt.

That clip was good, and I am eager to see the movie, but I do have a question. Are there four predators in the film? I haven't read the script, but I know there will be a normal predator, and I guess what 3 BSPs.

#56 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

I just saw where some of the scenes were located, some in Austin, Texas. Man, if only I would have known. I live in Texas, so I would have tried to sneak on set, and see what was going to happen.

#57 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

From what I gathered from the sneak peak, and what Rodriguez had to say... It seems like the "revisions" are unnecessary. But with a large budget and modern SFX backing him they could look good.

Really, it would be like some guy making an Ep7 for Star Wars, setting it after Endor, and ignoring the 100+ books of Canon stories, thereby making all of them non-canon, and destroying 30 years of the community.

#58 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

It's official, Rodriguez is ignoring Predator 2 and dissing it.

"Any cool idea I had, I'll jam it into the script," Rodriguez thought, including the return of Schwarzenegger as Dutch and possibly making Jean-Claude Van Damme the bad guy. Rodriguez quoted Schwarzenegger as saying of a sequel, "We have to go back to the jungle. Not like that bullshit 'Predator 2.'" (When asked for his own thoughts on the Danny Glover-led sequel during the audience Q & A, Rodriguez politely said, "next question.")
Source:

http://www.examiner....ng_twitter:1486

As a fan that pisses me off..

But at least that doesn't knock Predator 2 out of canon, though Predators doesn't connect to it at all.

-Rakai'Thwei

#59 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

It's official, Rodriguez is ignoring Predator 2 and dissing it.

"Any cool idea I had, I'll jam it into the script," Rodriguez thought, including the return of Schwarzenegger as Dutch and possibly making Jean-Claude Van Damme the bad guy. Rodriguez quoted Schwarzenegger as saying of a sequel, "We have to go back to the jungle. Not like that bullshit 'Predator 2.'" (When asked for his own thoughts on the Danny Glover-led sequel during the audience Q & A, Rodriguez politely said, "next question.")
Source:

http://www.examiner....ng_twitter:1486

As a fan that pisses me off..

But at least that doesn't knock Predator 2 out of canon, though Predators doesn't connect to it at all.

-Rakai'Thwei

How many are suppose to be on there? From the footage there is part where Royce is targeted by 7 lasers. Unless that is going to be the ending of the film, and they leave it at that. Those lasers targeting Royce, and the famous Predator scream, then screen goes black.

#60 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

How many are suppose to be on there? From the footage there is part where Royce is targeted by 7 lasers. Unless that is going to be the ending of the film, and they leave it at that. Those lasers targeting Royce, and the famous Predator scream, then screen goes black.

We're supposed to see two clans..

The Mutant clan and the traditional clan.

There are three Super Predators in the film, and one normal Yautja.

However, seeing Royce targeted by 7 lasers really, really worries me as that MIGHT be the dreaded Arnold cameo.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users