220 replies to this topic

#21 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hey does anyone want to add me as a friend on Xbox live so I can ve ya'll in AVP.

#22 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hey does anyone want to add me as a friend on Xbox live so I can ve ya'll in AVP.

I'd be inclined if my box wasn't still broken... Don't worry, I have a plan that involves a corpses brain and lightning to get it working again...

#23 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

I just heard they are planning on making the Alien prequel in 3-D. I guess it's no surprise, every movie is getting 3-D written on it so it will attract some kind of viewer.

#24 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

I just heard they are planning on making the Alien prequel in 3-D. I guess it's no surprise, every movie is getting 3-D written on it so it will attract some kind of viewer.

That kinda sucks for those who can't actually watch 3D, or just don't care about the cheep gimmick... Really, it's nice when it works but do you really want to spend an extra $2-$3 for it?

#25 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

3-D is a nice thing to have, but personally I feel that traditional film using older mediums is becoming something of a dying out. We have a massive abundance of CGI, and high definition, which is fine and dandy and with Avatar paving the way for 3-D– I see that newer generations of audiences are going to be spoiled rotten.

Soon people are gonna say that a movie, reguardless if it’s good or not, will say the film will suck cause it’s not 3-D.

But hey, with Ridley directing this film, I’m confident fans will get what they want.. after a long, 30 year wait, Ridley and ALIEN fans deserve it.

And with 3D, I'm expecting Rodriguez to put out Predators 3D.. Hey, he did it for Spy Kids.

-Rakai'Thwei

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm a PS3 man.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

I'm a PS3 man.

-Rakai'Thwei

Your a lucky one because I would have destroyed you in that game. ;)

Just kidding.

I read the Predators script by RR and it was bad and good.

I didnt like the Black Super Predator killing a normal Predator and A BSP losing to a human. That was dumb and the black blood and chain gun was even more dumb.

My man Rakai'Thwei said some good stuff why he didnt like the film on Avpgalaxy.com.

But I did like the begininng where the hunting dogs chase after them.

I like the Falcons.

I like the fight between the Yakuza member and the BSP.

I also liked spikes on the Predators Dreads.LOL

I also like how badass Royces is.

#28 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

I read the Predators script by RR and it was bad and good.

I didnt like the Black Super Predator killing a normal Predator and A BSP losing to a human. That was dumb and the black blood and chain gun was even more dumb.

My man Rakai'Thwei said some good stuff why he didnt like the film on Avpgalaxy.com.

But I did like the begininng where the hunting dogs chase after them.

I like the Falcons.

I like the fight between the Yakuza member and the BSP.

I also liked spikes on the Predators Dreads.LOL

I also like how badass Royces is.

Sometimes, I can't help but question your taste...

I absoloutely hated the Hanzo vs BSP fight-- why? Umm, the entire scene is like out of an anime. Very cliche. Very unoriginal. Especially how Hanzo and the BSP rush at each other, and they slice at each other...ten seconds later, the BSP dies as his body is sliced in half. They do that all the time in anime. Especially samurai anime.

The Falcons and the Dogs are unnecessary. Predators are excellent trackers by themselves. They have no need for such animals. Predator, Predator 2, AvP and AvP-R have shown that Predators don't need such animals to track down their prey.

The spikes on the dreadlocks. Impractical and stupid. The only thing those things are going to hurt are the wearer. Sure it looks cool but it's impractical. The ornate should not conflict with the practical. This conflicts with the practical. Thereby making it impractical and ineffective.

Sure Royce may sound bad-ass but he's being played by Adrian Brody...

Of course, this is just my opinion and mine alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

#29 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Sometimes, I can't help but question your taste...

I absoloutely hated the Hanzo vs BSP fight-- why? Umm, the entire scene is like out of an anime. Very cliche. Very unoriginal. Especially how Hanzo and the BSP rush at each other, and they slice at each other...ten seconds later, the BSP dies as his body is sliced in half. They do that all the time in anime. Especially samurai anime.

The Falcons and the Dogs are unnecessary. Predators are excellent trackers by themselves. They have no need for such animals. Predator, Predator 2, AvP and AvP-R have shown that Predators don't need such animals to track down their prey.

The spikes on the dreadlocks. Impractical and stupid. The only thing those things are going to hurt are the wearer. Sure it looks cool but it's impractical.

Sure Royce may sound bad-ass but he's being played by Adrian Brody...

Of course, this is just my opinion and mine alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

But these Predator as we read about them are not like the Predators e know. That dont play by the rules. They do anything to win even if it means mutating themselves.

They dont care who they kill. That is what I like about he Bsp.

#30 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

But these Predator as we read about them are not like the Predators e know. That dont play by the rules. They do anything to win even if it means mutating themselves.

They dont care who they kill. That is what I like about he Bsp.

Which brings up another point-- Why couldn't Rodriguez, Litvak and Finch simply go with the Bad Blood angle? It would've made a whole lot more sense and easier for fans to agree with rather than just make up the Super Predators just for the sake of coolness.

Bad Bloods would've made more sense. Super Predators, not so much...

-Rakai'Thwei

#31 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I still have not read the script, mainly because I don't want to download it. I did read the endings for it, and I just don't like any of the endings they have.

The first one I read was Royse and the BSP are fighting and Royse kills it. Then that girl some how turns "strange" and kills the serial killer Edwin (Eric Foreman). Then the two meet and look at each other. Screen goes dark. - Stupid - Why? Well some guy like Adrain Brody killing a Predator or BSP the way it is called, just sounds idiotic.

The second one was pretty much the same except after the two meet a group of predators come in. Than an Elder approaches them and takes off his helmet. It is revealed to be Dutch. - This one is even worse, and they should not even attempt to use this as an alternate ending for the film.

Personally, I wish they would just scrap this movie. I know it's probably done filming, but it just sounds like some idiotic movie. I probably would rather watch glaciers move than see what Rodiguez made. He said everything after Predator sucked, but this already sounds like some load of crap. He should have just used all the facts from Predator movies, novels, and comics before possibly ruining the franchise.

I guess I have not read the entire script, but from what I have read from others, it sounds like a waste of time. It sounds like it will be worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.

#32 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

I agree with Rakai, they should have gone with Bad Bloods. I think it would have been awesome to see Predator vs. Predator violence(and not some BSP movie screw ups). I wish they could have found a better group of actors like the first Predator. To me the first one was good because it seemed like the Dutch's special ops team had a chemistry. This just sounds like they got random actors who don't look like warriors at all, and expect them to kill Predaotrs.

Put the special ops team in the center of the Bad Blood vs. the honorable Predator. I think that would be much better than PREDATORS

Lets hope that Alien Prequel is not ruined. I hope that will explore the Space Jockey seen in the first film.

#33 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

The second one was pretty much the same except after the two meet a group of predators come in. Than an Elder approaches them and takes off his helmet. It is revealed to be Dutch. - This one is even worse, and they should not even attempt to use this as an alternate ending for the film.

And that alone contradicts cotinuity and it's completely out of character for Dutch. After what he was put through in Central America 1987, WHY would he join the species which had killed his friends and attempted to kill him? That doesn't make sense. Second, in the novelization of Predator 2, it was specifically mentioned that Dutch was kept under key and lock by the Government, then placed in a psyche ward while suffering radiation poisoning from the nuclear fall out from the first movie.

But hey, supposedily, there were script changes during filming... so let's hope they changed the unneeded crap.

-Rakai'Thwei

#34 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

And that alone contradicts cotinuity and it's completely out of character for Dutch. After what he was put through in Central America 1987, WHY would he join the species which had killed his friends and attempted to kill him? That doesn't make sense. Second, in the novelization of Predator 2, it was specifically mentioned that Dutch was kept under key and lock by the Government, then placed in a psyche ward while suffering radiation poisoning from the nuclear fall out from the first movie.

But hey, supposedily, there were script changes during filming... so let's hope they changed the unneeded crap.

-Rakai'Thwei

Hopefully, but I am highly considering passing on this movie. I really don't care to watch a movie make a mockery of what was orginally an amazing franchise. They may have changed for the better, and I will wait to see what the trailer is like, but right now I am justs ticking with what has already been made.

#35 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hopefully, but I am highly considering passing on this movie. I really don't care to watch a movie make a mockery of what was orginally an amazing franchise. They may have changed for the better, and I will wait to see what the trailer is like, but right now I am justs ticking with what has already been made.

They already have revealed the pictures of the Super Predators..

-Rakai'Thwei

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

They already have revealed the pictures of the Super Predators..

-Rakai'Thwei

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I saw those a few monthes ago. They don't look too super to me. I guess I prefer the Wolf.

#37 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:24 PM

I saw those a few monthes ago. They don't look too super to me. I guess I prefer the Wolf.

Alot of the fans at Galaxy happen to say that. They don't look so very terrifying than compared to the average Predator, and these abominations are supposed to be superior?

Yeah, right.

-Rakai'Thwei

#38 TheRandomBandit

TheRandomBandit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />FIghting<br />Dining

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

They look like they are cosplaying. DAMMIT! Why did he have to do this! Starts crying. ;)

#39 Forge

Forge

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:03 AM

PC for the win.

I'll get the new AvP eventually, but I'm too engrossed into Supreme Commander 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 to buy it right now.

#40 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

They look like they are cosplaying. DAMMIT! Why did he have to do this! Starts crying. ;)

Alot of the fans say that they do look like cosplay suits. Alot of the fans happen to really say that.

Hell, there is even complaints from the fans at IMDB and AvPGalaxy that they are not wearing the netting.

And whats really the kicker is that Rodriguez didn't want to use suit actor, Ian Whyte, who played Scar Predator, Celtic Predator, Elder Predator and Wolf Predator in the AVP films since he REALLY wants to distance his movie from ANY association with AvP. Ian Whyte is a staggering 7'1, just an inch shorter than the original Predator actor, Kevin Peter Hall who was 7'2.

These new Predator actors are around 6'7 to 6'9.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users