• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

With the new PREDATORS film on the rise, and with Ridley Scott confirmed to do the new Alien film, there has been some massive confusion amongst fans, both old and newcomers alike. However in a FAQ with Rebellion, the developers of the new Aliens vs Predator game, an answer has officially come forth through Twentieth Century Fox. While cotinuity was once one, singular storyline, as it turns out Fox has officially seperated all three franchises apart from one another and each has different cotinuities. What once was one single cotinuity, is now three.

Since there are three franchise cotinuities to follow, I have done my best to figure out how each of the franchises go in a chronological order.

Predator Cotinuity

Predator
Predators

Alien Cotinuity

Untitled Alien Prequel
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Ressurrection

Alien vs Predator Cotinuity

Alien vs Predator (10,000 BC)
Predator
Predator 2
Alien vs Predator (2004 AD)
Aliens vs Predator Requiem
Predator: Concrete Jungle
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien vs Predator (Atari Jaguar)
Alien vs Predator (PC)
Alien vs Predator 3 (Set 30 years after Alien 3)
Aliens vs Predator 2 (Set 50 years after Alien 3)
Alien vs Predator: Prey
Aliens: Berserker
Aliens vs Predator: Duel
Aliens vs Predator: War
Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet
Alien Ressurrection

Hopefully, this will avoid any other confusion about the timelines.

-Rakai'Thwei

#2 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hey, Rakai I have a question. Have you had the chance to play the new AVP game. I was wanting to know what it is like. It looks good, but I haven't really heard any feedback from anybody.

Also I read a few of the ending they had for the new Predators movies coming out, and I am considering passing on the movie.

#3 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

OK...I'll just hope for the best.

#4 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

Does anyone want a link to the New Predators script? I can get it.

#5 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

Boratz, I have the new game, and to be quite honest, the game is very good as it remains true to the source material without contradicting anything. The gameplay mechanics are really good, complex to anyone who plays the PC games but when you go through the tutorial levels, you're good to go.

-Rakai'Thwei

#6 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Boratz, I have the new game, and to be quite honest, the game is very good as it remains true to the source material without contradicting anything. The gameplay mechanics are really good, complex to anyone who plays the PC games but when you go through the tutorial levels, you're good to go.

-Rakai'Thwei

I have not played the game. But I heard it was good.

#7 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

-Rakai'Thwei

Thank you Rakai. I want to get the game, but I don't want to get a game I don't like. I would also like to say I am currently working on a Bloodlust match in my Yautja arc. It's been awhile since I last posted one. It was hard to find the right opponent, but I think I found one that will bring on a couple of matches.

#8 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

So yeah...

If people are going to debate with Alien, Predator, or AvP.. Just keep in mind, which versions you are debating with.

I tend to debate with the AvP cotinuity.

-Rakai'Thwei

#9 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

I think that a Black Super Predator can beat a queen Alien.

#10 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

I think that a Black Super Predator can beat a queen Alien.

......Black Super Predator does not exist in the AvP universe, or the Alien universe.

It would never happen.

-Rakai'Thwei

#11 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:22 AM

While I'm stunned that you included a game on the JAGUAR, I must wonder if any of those are the Alien Vs. Predator arcade cabinet I played years and years ago at the bowling alley where I got like 5 lives for my quarter.

#12 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

While I'm stunned that you included a game on the JAGUAR, I must wonder if any of those are the Alien Vs. Predator arcade cabinet I played years and years ago at the bowling alley where I got like 5 lives for my quarter.

As good as a game that was, the Jaguar game actually was published closely with Twentieth Century Fox as Rebellion worked on the game for the Jaguar, not to mention it also had a year listed for the events of the game which it took place in.

The Capcom game was originally meant to tie into the AvP film which was meant to be filmed in the 1990s, and there was a script for it written by Peter Briggs, but the film was ultimately never made due to budget constraints at the time which the script would've costed to film. Had the film been made, the Capcom arcade game would've been canon.

-Rakai'Thwei

#13 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

When you try to tie cannon into a arcade game, you need to take a step back, take a breather, realize it's people in rubber suits, and find a new hobby.

#14 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

When you try to tie cannon into a arcade game, you need to take a step back, take a breather, realize it's people in rubber suits, and find a new hobby.

Umm... I happen to know that.

The point of this topic was to end confusion on the cotinuities of the three franchises, I hope you know.

-Rakai'Thwei

#15 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

But Rakai'Thwei sone a Black Super Predator is going to exist in the avp universe. I even think they can beat a normal pred which they did in the script of the new upcoming movie Predators.

Thats just my opinion.

#16 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

But Rakai'Thwei sone a Black Super Predator is going to exist in the avp universe. I even think they can beat a normal pred which they did in the script of the new upcoming movie Predators.

Thats just my opinion.

There is already a group of Bad Blood Predator clans in the AvP Universe, as a matter of fact they have been introduced into the comics and the Yautja refer to them as "Killers", Yautja who don't believe in the rules of the hunt and just kill for the sake of shedding blood. They also use Xenomorphs as attack hounds. But they are not Super Predators. They still bleed green blood.

And Rodriguez, and studio executive, Alex Young-- has confirmed, PREDATORS has nothing to do with the AvP Universe. Predator, yes, AvP Universe, no.

And can they beat a normal Predator? If a normal Predator is at the top of their game, it's 50/50. In the script I read, we see a malnourished and weakened normal Predator who has suffered abuse give a Super Predator a beating.. before he was killed off anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

#17 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

There is already a group of Bad Blood Predator clans in the AvP Universe, as a matter of fact they have been introduced into the comics and the Yautja refer to them as "Killers", Yautja who don't believe in the rules of the hunt and just kill for the sake of shedding blood. They also use Xenomorphs as attack hounds. But they are not Super Predators. They still bleed green blood.

And Rodriguez, and studio executive, Alex Young-- has confirmed, PREDATORS has nothing to do with the AvP Universe. Predator, yes, AvP Universe, no.

And can they beat a normal Predator? If a normal Predator is at the top of their game, it's 50/50. In the script I read, we see a malnourished and weakened normal Predator who has suffered abuse give a Super Predator a beating.. before he was killed off anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

That true.

#18 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hey!! I just played the new alien vs Predator game. :blink:

My sisters boyfriend let borrow it. :o

I love playing as the Predator and killing aliens and marines.

But its hard though. But it lags sometimes. I oove taking my wrist blade and shoving my blade up an aliens head! :)

But its really harder then I thought. I never thought the marines will be so damn hard.

I hate when you go in the water. You become uncloaked!

I played the aliens for aliitle while but the marines. I couldnt play it alot because my sisters boyfriend wanted it back to beat it! :o

#19 Boratz

Boratz

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

Does anybody have the script or a link to the script for Predators? I remember reading somewhere what the endings were, but I guess I would like to know what all of it is, because I am not impressed with some of the endings they had in mind, and I want to see if that is what the film is; not impressive.

#20 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Does anybody have the script or a link to the script for Predators? I remember reading somewhere what the endings were, but I guess I would like to know what all of it is, because I am not impressed with some of the endings they had in mind, and I want to see if that is what the film is; not impressive.

http://www.avpgalaxy...65959#msg565959

First post right there by Stringer_Pred, it's a link to the script via Sendspace.

-Rakai'Thwei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users