Photo

A battle of dark wits.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is more brillant in there plots? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is more brillant in there plots?

1. Darkseid (11 votes [13.58%])

Percentage of vote: 13.58%

2. Thanos (12 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Dr. Doom (15 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

4. Joker (3 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Lex Luthor (20 votes [24.69%])

Percentage of vote: 24.69%

6. Magneto (5 votes [6.17%])

Percentage of vote: 6.17%

7. Apocalypse (4 votes [4.94%])

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

8. Brainiac (11 votes [13.58%])

Percentage of vote: 13.58%

Who has caused more lasting damage in their universe?

1. Darkseid (5 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. Thanos (16 votes [21.33%])

Percentage of vote: 21.33%

3. Dr. Doom (1 votes [1.33%])

Percentage of vote: 1.33%

4. Joker (4 votes [5.33%])

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

5. Lex Luthor (15 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Magneto (23 votes [30.67%])

Percentage of vote: 30.67%

7. Apocalypse (3 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

8. Brainiac (8 votes [10.67%])

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

What RBB does not understand is that "impact" does not solely revolve around what you see in main story lines.

Thanos caused the entire "Infinity" line of series (Crusade, Abyss, Gauntlet, and War) which impacted EVERYONE.

no, making an impact is changing how chraracters react and think. It changes how they see the world.

#42 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

What RBB does not understand is that "impact" does not solely revolve around what you see in main story lines.

Thanos caused the entire "Infinity" line of series (Crusade, Abyss, Gauntlet, and War) which impacted EVERYONE.

THANK YOU! I agree.

#43 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

In my opinion the reason Thanos is not that big of an impact is because making an impact is changing how chraracters react and think. It changes how they see the world. Thanos in no way changed how the Marvel Universe goes about things.

Ex.
1. Lex Luthor- He became President of the United states through shemes. No matter what he did Superman could not do a thing to stop him. Superman was forced to deal with the fact that the most diabolical man on Earth had become the ruler of the free world.

2. Magneto- He ultimately changed the entire Marvel Universe because he eliminated all but a handful of mutants on Earth.

3. Skrulls- They brilliantly infultrated the Earth. They had people disguised and in place everywhere. They caused the civil war in Marvel. This was not only big but it turned two of the worlds greatest heroes against one another. It turned husband against wife (Reed and Sue), friend against friend, (Daredevil and Spidey), even the X-men had different opinions. It rocked the entire Marvel U. Now not only do the heroes have to be registered, if they are not they are hunted down by other heroes or quite possibly the thunderbolts.

4. Darkseid- He manipulated the EVERYONE in the DC multiverse against one another. Blinding them to HIS plan. he only thing that foiled his plan was he never thought Batman would break his one rule about no guns. Even though Bats shot him the damage was done. Plus it cost Batman his life. Darkseid rocked the DCU because no one ever imagined bruce would do that and that he would be killed.

Now Im not saying you gus are wrong because this is based on opinion but the fact is that you cant persuade me that Thanos that big of an impact compared to other things I have seen. To you maybe it is though and thats cool.

#44 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

In my opinion the reason Thanos is not that big of an impact is because making an impact is changing how chraracters react and think. It changes how they see the world. Thanos in no way changed how the Marvel Universe goes about things.

Ex.
1. Lex Luthor- He became President of the United states through shemes. No matter what he did Superman could not do a thing to stop him. Superman was forced to deal with the fact that the most diabolical man on Earth had become the ruler of the free world.

2. Magneto- He ultimately changed the entire Marvel Universe??? because he eliminated all but a handful of mutants on Earth. This comment makes no sense. How does he effect the universe by eliminating a few mutants on Earth?

3. Skrulls- They brilliantly infultrated the Earth. They had people disguised and in place everywhere. They caused the civil war in Marvel. This was not only big but it turned two of the worlds greatest heroes against one another. It turned husband against wife (Reed and Sue), friend against friend, (Daredevil and Spidey), even the X-men had different opinions. It rocked the entire Marvel U. Now not only do the heroes have to be registered, if they are not they are hunted down by other heroes or quite possibly the thunderbolts. No...it only rocked the third rock from the Sun. It had no effect on the Universe at all.

4. Darkseid- He manipulated the EVERYONE in the DC multiverse against one another. Blinding them to HIS plan. he only thing that foiled his plan was he never thought Batman would break his one rule about no guns. Even though Bats shot him the damage was done. Plus it cost Batman his life. Darkseid rocked the DCU because no one ever imagined bruce would do that and that he would be killed. This is the only one that you got right. Darkseid may have Thanos beat because of this event.

Now Im not saying you gus are wrong because this is based on opinion but the fact is that you cant persuade me that Thanos that big of an impact on the Universe!! Which is your question...yes, he did. compared to other things I have seen. To you maybe it is though and thats cool.

Your Question: Who has caused more lasting damage in their universe?
Yet, you keep referring to the Earth. Which one is it, the Earth or the Universe? Magneto eliminating a few mutants has no effect on the Universe whatsoever. Skrulls infiltrating Earth...No universal consequences. Luthor is president of one country on Earth...nothing to the Universe. Thanos threatens the Universe with every appearance. THE UNIVERSE!! THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!! So...I ask, who is the only person on this list that pwns the Universe with every appearance!! THIS GUY!

Posted Image

#45 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

RBB, what are you talking about?

You keep telling people that they can't convince you Thanos is the best, then try to convince others that Darkseid, Doom, etc. have had a greater impact than Thanos.

Anyways, I'll stop trying to sound smart. One of the Admins will show up eventually. Let's focus on comics.

You have:

Doctor Doom:

Through his iron will, sheer genius, and evil, Doom has done some pretty cool stuff. From getting his own country, to beating the devil every summer, to stealing the Beyonder's power. All is quite impressive, and there probably isn't a Marvel character that hasn't heard of Doom. Except, y'know, everything outside of Marvel Earth. This brings me to my first point, which is that Doom (like others on this list) do not change the Universe. They may impact major heroes and storylines, but the universe itself is safe. Most of the time.

Magneto:

Another self-made man. Magneto is a genius in and out of the battlefield. A natural leader, Magneto once held power over an entire country. His plans for a mutant take over came closest when his daughter re-shaped reality. However, this catastrophic event was reversed, so I guess it never happened and is absolutely useless during debates (RBB...). Still, it's because of this that 99% of mutants are now powerless. Sadly, all of this occurred on Earth. The Universe itself yawned and went on to do other things.

Apocalypse:

"Survival of the fittest.", indeed. The mutant known as Apocalypse has lived for quite a long time. His knowledge and wits make him a remarkable foe. Had it not been for Proffessor X, we would all be living in an Age of Apocalypse. Yet, aside from that, how has he affected the Marvel Universe? He has stolen Celestial tech, but this was probably from some warehouse or the Celestial's front yard. Nothing serious.

Joker:

And now we move into the DC Universe. Ironically, in a battle of wits we find a man so insane that he dresses up as a Bat and... Wait, no, that's the good guy. The Joker is different. Able to outsmart even the bravest of heroes, the powerless Joker is not above cheating or killing. Jason Tood, Gordon's wife, etc. All are just names. Imagine Batman without the Joker! Sadly, aside from the occassional cameo, Joker usually stays in Gotham. 52 Universes safe.

Lex Luthor:

Another powerful figure. Lex's brilliant planning skills have gotten far in the world. I mean, if you like being President, having your own multi-million company, while also organizing large groups of villains. Sadly, Lex has yet to find the secret of hair growth. Also, all his plans have affected the Earth. Sure, there's the occassional Alex Luthor, but usually, it's just Earth. 51 Universes sleep safely at night.

Braniac:

Another Superman villain? Well, at least it's Braniac. The robotic mastermind has had a much greater impact on the Universe, what with his role in the Imperiex War and future generations (Braniac 13?). However, getting blown up by the Big Bang makes him lose some respect. Besides, the big DC guy is...

Darkseid:

The Lord of Apokalips, Darkseid is the peak of DC bad@$$ery. Armed with his dreaded Omega Beams, Darkseid has swatted away Green Lanterns, New gods, etc. The Universe itself trembled in his prescence. Had it not been for Stairs, all of Earth's heroes would surely have perished! Then, in countdown, 52 Universes were thrown into chaos, as Darkseid aquired the Anti-Life equation. Surely, he is the smartest and most influential.

Nope.

Thanos:

And here we are. Like lightning precedes thunder, so too, does Thanos' reputation spread. The Mad Titan is the only being Eternity fears. It doesn't stop there. Just to mock Eternity, Thanos occassionally gets it on with Eternity's sister, Death. In an attempt to win her heart, Thanos aquired the Infinity Gauntlet, and shook up the Marvel Universe. Planets and Galaxies were erased as Thanos stomped on everybody in Marvel. With half a Universe gone, Thanos was crushed by his own emotions.

And so it ended?

No.

Thanos would rise several more times to throw down with the Universe's greatest champions. The Silver Surfer, the herald of Galactus was forever changed by Thanos. The Elders of the Universe, a once wise and powerful group, was humbled by Thanos on his quest for the Infinity Gems. The Earth too, was changed. No longer were it's heroes invincible. Thanos had crushed them all.

Was this enough?

No.

It finally came to an end. Thanos aquired the Heart of the Universe. Now the Marvel Multiverse was in danger. Everyone, from Earth's heroes, to the Celestials, to the Living Tribunal himself came down on Thanos. And Thanos delivered a nasty beatdown, courtesy of his pimp hand. Finally, Thanos delivered the final blow, and the Marvel Universe officially ended...

That is, until Thanos decided to start it back up again. Recreated, the Marvel Universe fled from Thanos and his powerful pimp hand.

So yes, Thanos for both.

#46 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Treach, really?

I went through all that writing just for you to post a scan that said everything I was trying to say?

I can only say one thing. And that's, "Bravo."

#47 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Good job Treach and Marvelman.

#48 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

It's a tossup between Magneto with his awesome Ultimanium plan and Darkseid with what he did in Final Crisis.

Magneto's plan killed most of the heroes and mutants on Earth with over millions of people dead.

Darkseid screwed the DC Universe in every way possible and caused the deaths of Heroes as well.

I'm going with Magneto because he *vulgarity*ed the Ultimate Universe of Marvel.

#49 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

Your Question: Who has caused more lasting damage in their universe?
Yet, you keep referring to the Earth. Which one is it, the Earth or the Universe? Magneto eliminating a few mutants has no effect on the Universe whatsoever. Skrulls infiltrating Earth...No universal consequences. Luthor is president of one country on Earth...nothing to the Universe. Thanos threatens the Universe with every appearance. THE UNIVERSE!! THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!! So...I ask, who is the only person on this list that pwns the Universe with every appearance!! THIS GUY!

Posted Image

The marvel universe is the characters. Thanos does not impact the rest of the characters in Marvel the same way as the rest of the characters do in my opinion.

@Marvel Man. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I stated my opinion and why. That is all. To each his own and my opinion is Thanos hasnt done as much 'real' damage as some others.

#50 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

LOL the last time time Thanos had any affect was in the middle 1990s.

Please Thanos hasn't been seen in any comic today.

#51 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

LOL the last time time Thanos had any affect was in the middle 1990s.

Please Thanos hasn't been seen in any comic today.

As Stranglehold pointed out earlier, Thanos usurped the entirety of the Universe in Marvel: The End. This was in 2003. At the end of this book, he could kill Celestials with but a glance. He defeated the FRIKKIN LIVING TRIBUNAL!! Thanos' last major appearance was in Annihilation Wave (a Major event in which he and Lady Death played a major role) in 2006-7. Here he again teamed up with gods to help the Annilihation Wave obliterate the Universe. He's returning once again this year for another Universe shattering major crossover. Once again, everytime Thanos comes to town...The Universe suffers majorly. It's best that he only shows up every few years or there'd be nothing left of the Marvel Universe to save. He is the greatest schemer and villain to the Marvel Universe...hands down.

For the 23 people that voted Magneto (I'd even vote Darkseid before Magneto), I really want to know where you are getting this great pot. I don't smoke, but this must be some seriously good stuff going around.

#52 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

Who has caused more lasting damage in their universe? Answer is Thanos as everyone else answered already!

If you're strictly speaking of the 616 continuum and earth it's clearly( the answer is not on your list) Scarlet witch! She has effected the earth more than Onslaught, Thanos and Franklin Richards put together......

I hope that answers your questions!

#53 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

As Stranglehold pointed out earlier, Thanos usurped the entirety of the Universe in Marvel: The End. This was in 2003. At the end of this book, he could kill Celestials with but a glance. He defeated the FRIKKIN LIVING TRIBUNAL!! Thanos' last major appearance was in Annihilation Wave (a Major event in which he and Lady Death played a major role) in 2006-7. Here he again teamed up with gods to help the Annilihation Wave obliterate the Universe. He's returning once again this year for another Universe shattering major crossover. Once again, everytime Thanos comes to town...The Universe suffers majorly. It's best that he only shows up every few years or there'd be nothing left of the Marvel Universe to save. He is the greatest schemer and villain to the Marvel Universe...hands down.

For the 23 people that voted Magneto (I'd even vote Darkseid before Magneto), I really want to know where you are getting this great pot. I don't smoke, but this must be some seriously good stuff going around.

Its not much of an effect when everything bad done gets rremade to the way it was before or magically set back in place. The end result of tangling with Thanos everytime is that everything he destroys gets put back to the way it was before he did anything. Essentially leaving everything the way it was to begin with. AS IN NO IMPACT.

#54 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:24 AM

Its not much of an effect when everything bad done gets rremade to the way it was before or magically set back in place. The end result of tangling with Thanos everytime is that everything he destroys gets put back to the way it was before he did anything. Essentially leaving everything the way it was to begin with. AS IN NO IMPACT.

Repost:

Who has caused more lasting damage in their universe? Answer is Thanos as everyone else answered already!

If you're strictly speaking of the 616 continuum and earth it's clearly( the answer is not on your list) Scarlet witch! She has effected the earth more than Onslaught, Thanos and Franklin Richards put together......

I hope that answers your questions!

#55 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

Please look at this picture.
Posted Image

On one side is Infinity, a cosmic entity representing the totality of space. On the other side is Eternity who represents time. Together they represent the space-time continuum and the living force of the universe. They are the totality of the Marvel 616 Universe. They will forever remember this a$$ whipping at the hands of Thanos. That's my final argument. It's been real. C-ya.

#56 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:30 AM

RBB seems to subscribe to my philosophy that reality is based on the perception of the majority. Thus, the person that affects more minds affects the universe more.

And since nobody remembers The End...

#57 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Indeed.

#58 Opalord

Opalord

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

If your talking about universe as in actual universe, then yes, thanos wins. but on a smaller scale, i think that the Joker caused the most amount of damage in the batman universe

#59 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

RBB seems to subscribe to my philosophy that reality is based on the perception of the majority. Thus, the person that affects more minds affects the universe more.

And since nobody remembers The End...

true. It has no effect on no one. The other events have a larger impact on more characters. In which they effectively impacted more.

#60 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

I think you really need to work on wording your questions correctly. Would've saved a lot of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users