121 replies to this topic

#1 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

So we have current Thor vs SSJ 3 Goku. Who will win?

#2 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Current Thor is Odinforce Thor.

While a SSJ3 Goku is still a worthy opponent, he simply can't compare against a Galaxy-busting force.

#3 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Current Thor is Odinforce Thor.

While a SSJ3 Goku is still a worthy opponent, he simply can't compare against a Galaxy-busting force.

Technically SSJ3 is a Galaxy Busting force. Or at least has won against a Galaxy Busting Force.

Kid Buu was shown Busting a Galaxy just like Brolly did, making him a Galaxy Buster. Generally SSJ3 is thought to be either even with or better than Kid Buu, so that would make Goku SSJ3 > Galaxy Buster.

If Thor only = Galaxy Buster, then Goku > Thor.

#4 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:02 AM

Firstly, the Spirit Bomb destroyed Kid Buu, and Goku wasn't even SSJ3 when he did that. Spirit Bomb is a plot device anyway.

Secondly, Buu destroyed the galaxy by destroying planets one at a time, right?

#5 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:24 AM

Firstly, the Spirit Bomb destroyed Kid Buu, and Goku wasn't even SSJ3 when he did that. Spirit Bomb is a plot device anyway.

Secondly, Buu destroyed the galaxy by destroying planets one at a time, right?

1) Goku did kill Buu with the SB, but IIRC it's generally assumed that a Fresh Goku in SSJ3 could manhandle any Buu.

2) No, he wiped out a whole Galaxy, on screen in under a minute, showing all the stars blink out in a manner reminiscent to that of Brolly's Galaxy Bust.

You may have been confused by the time when Buu was ITing around looking for Goku and Vegeta, destroying all the planets he looked on one at a time, but he has a confirmed Galaxy-Bust under his belt.

#6 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Thor would win

#7 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

DBZ = plot device

#8 batosaims

batosaims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:50 AM

Neither character ever destroyed a galaxy

Odin destroying them was bad writing [even the Celestials weren't able to this]

Thor wins though, DBZ characters are a joke

#9 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

Its Mano... Crap I thought he was gone.

Brolly busted a galaxy and beat the crap out of the DBZ fighters. Now think about it, if Kid Buu can fight on par with Goku who's since then gotten stronger since this (although Broly's galactic busting isn't technically canon, its still nice for comparison) and can possibly now defeat Broly and Buu who could do the same, defeating Broly, it is safe to asume that both are capable of galaxy busting and perhaps beyond. But this is pure speculation so... I say Goku. Hes got speed too.

#10 batosaims

batosaims

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

Its Mano... Crap I thought he was gone.

Brolly busted a galaxy and beat the crap out of the DBZ fighters. Now think about it, if Kid Buu can fight on par with Goku who's since then gotten stronger since this (although Broly's galactic busting isn't technically canon, its still nice for comparison) and can possibly now defeat Broly and Buu who could do the same, defeating Broly, it is safe to asume that both are capable of galaxy busting and perhaps beyond. But this is pure speculation so... I say Goku. Hes got speed too.

I have no idea who you are, but I will be nice and correct most of your flawed logic

First of all it said Broly attacked the South Galaxy in the Jap dub which is canon

Second of all in the manga it took Buu a year to destroy a few hundred planets, that isnt galaxy busting you moron

#11 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

I'm talking about by powerlevels since then Goku's fight with Broly. By the way I seem to remember that DBZ movies were seperate from the canon storyline so it isn't canon to the storyline. Nonetheless, an entire group of stars blinking out in a few seconds seems to portray that Broly destroyed the majority of them. This is proof of galaxy busting, not entirely but most of it. Kid Buu is an evil creature that seems to enjoy killing and destroying things so it is proable he took his time destroying planets while Broly wiped out a galaxy because he was just crazy.

Please stop the insults, there's no reason for that.

But then again, how's reasoning going to work with you. Its failed so many times before...

#12 Nuan07

Nuan07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Marvel = plot device

Goku uses kaioken x...... hmmmmmm 4

#13 Guest_ScarletSpider_*

Guest_ScarletSpider_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

Can goku fight with a hammer embedded in his skull?

#14 Nuan07

Nuan07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Can goku fight with a hammer embedded in his skull?

no one other than goku, could embed a hammer into his skull...
swing and miss fail

#15 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

Super Perfect Form Cell Could Defeat Brolly.... And since then They have become well over 50X as powerfull! If Brolly galaxy busted restrained imagine their power. In anycase That is Non-Canon! Not even the Japanese script is Canon, and just because it said "attacked" doesnt mean he didn't destroy it, Just when the terrorrist blew up the World Trade Center, the still "attacked" it.

Kid Buu was shown on screen destroying a galaxy, but that is technically Non-Canaon as it is Filler. However, Most of the Filler Akira has stated was canon that he was just to lazy to draw.

Also It goes Mystic Buu > Gotenks Buu > Mystic Gohan > SSJ3 Goku > Kid Buu > Piccolo Buu > Super Buu > Fat Buu > Pure Evil Buu!

As for Odin Force Thor I don't have a clue about him, but from what i've heard, Goku > Thor.

#16 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

1) Goku did kill Buu with the SB, but IIRC it's generally assumed that a Fresh Goku in SSJ3 could manhandle any Buu.

2) No, he wiped out a whole Galaxy, on screen in under a minute, showing all the stars blink out in a manner reminiscent to that of Brolly's Galaxy Bust.

You may have been confused by the time when Buu was ITing around looking for Goku and Vegeta, destroying all the planets he looked on one at a time, but he has a confirmed Galaxy-Bust under his belt.

Both are Filler...

#17 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Both are Filler...

THIS DOES NOT MATTER! Canon or not, they're characters, we're debating them or any other characters of relevance and their feats as well.

Broly was restrained, possibly in his Super Saiyan form, not Legendary but Super Saiyan... as the Legendary Super Saiyan has enough power to break the mind control, as evident in the first film as Goku pushed him to that point.

Buu is capable of moving at the speed of light or beyond, he can destroy the planets in rapid succession, plus the fact he knows IT... combined, he can be seen as a galaxy buster indirectly, utilizing both his speed and IT.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Super Perfect Form Cell Could Defeat Brolly.... And since then They have become well over 50X as powerfull! If Brolly galaxy busted restrained imagine their power. In anycase That is Non-Canon! Not even the Japanese script is Canon, and just because it said "attacked" doesnt mean he didn't destroy it, Just when the terrorrist blew up the World Trade Center, the still "attacked" it.

Kid Buu was shown on screen destroying a galaxy, but that is technically Non-Canaon as it is Filler. However, Most of the Filler Akira has stated was canon that he was just to lazy to draw.

Also It goes Mystic Buu > Gotenks Buu > Mystic Gohan > SSJ3 Goku > Kid Buu > Piccolo Buu > Super Buu > Fat Buu > Pure Evil Buu!

As for Odin Force Thor I don't have a clue about him, but from what i've heard, Goku > Thor.

And yet, a weakened Broly beat around the stronger warriors during the Buu saga... and it took another Plot device to kill him.

#19 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

THIS DOES NOT MATTER! Canon or not, they're characters, we're debating them or any other characters of relevance and their feats as well.

Broly was restrained, possibly in his Super Saiyan form, not Legendary but Super Saiyan... as the Legendary Super Saiyan has enough power to break the mind control, as evident in the first film as Goku pushed him to that point.

Buu is capable of moving at the speed of light or beyond, he can destroy the planets in rapid succession, plus the fact he knows IT... combined, he can be seen as a galaxy buster indirectly, utilizing both his speed and IT.

The Difference between Brolly and Buu is that Brolly is actually Non-Canon to the series. He has his own continuity to deal with, and unfortunately cannot be used in Power Comparisons with main continuity characters.

However I believe that somewhere on this site I addressed the issue of Buus Galaxy Bust being Non-Filler material and thus applicable to power comparisons. The fact that he never needed to IT around to destroy a whole galaxy means that he did it in one shot. However the argument could be made that it wasn't a Single Omni-Directional Blast wave, but something akin to the Human Extermination Attack, except on a much, much Larger Scale.

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

The Difference between Brolly and Buu is that Brolly is actually Non-Canon to the series. He has his own continuity to deal with, and unfortunately cannot be used in Power Comparisons with main continuity characters.

However I believe that somewhere on this site I addressed the issue of Buus Galaxy Bust being Non-Filler material and thus applicable to power comparisons. The fact that he never needed to IT around to destroy a whole galaxy means that he did it in one shot. However the argument could be made that it wasn't a Single Omni-Directional Blast wave, but something akin to the Human Extermination Attack, except on a much, much Larger Scale.

*Sighs* Dude, I got into a argument like this, proclaiming separation of Canon and Non-canon. It doesn't matter in the end, I realized. They're characters. You judge them based on their feats and powers. Broly owning four Super Saiyans, a Super Namek without break in fighting, his galaxy busting, his being weakened when he fought the Z-Fighters (Namely Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Videl) where Gohan is stronger than before, as I Know All stated as the Z-Fighters are by the Buu Saga than they were in the Cell saga, and still get beaten around effortlessly. Those are what can be used to compare power levels. These are feats. Canon, or not, it does not matter anymore. They're all characters.

That argument is speculation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users