146 replies to this topic

#41 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Not outsmart them, but out talk them. Besides, isn't intellect more for magic rather then smarts?

Oh I get it, I had guys in school I liked just because of that "it" factor! So I see your meaning. I don't know the attribute points and purposes yet. You maybe right!

#42 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

Oh I get it, I had guys in school I liked just because of that "it" factor! So I see your meaning. I don't know the attribute points and purposes yet. You maybe right!

By the way, much better for your character.

A reminder for all, Pragmatism and Charisma are decent, but mainly for plot. In other words, more charisma and pragmatism means I may interfere more often. However, I WILL be fickle. It just improves your portion of plot, such as RP'ing, rather than plain combat.

#43 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:57 AM

Character: Lord

Name: Kraid

Appearance: He has a pale beauty to him that's taited by his sickly aura. His face is pale with features so light they are like a painting but this is turned demonic by the right side of his face which is plastered with daemonic parts like horns a scales of a shining gold. His left eye is pale and twinkles a soft grey but his right is a pitless hell of insanity with a faded purple pupil that emits an aura of purple light, with cracked flesh surrounding it but does nothing but make his demonic beauty more grand. His hair is short and black but illuminates with purple and green under diffrent lights. His hair while short and ridgid moves from time to time shifting it's place making it self look spiked or or well combed and at tmes even growing in length but normally staying in it's short soft state. His body shows obvious signs of past health and athletic prowess but that has withered down but his body reamains that of what seems to be pale perfection as it lightly glows purple. He wears a set of light armour it's plates look pearl-esque plates that shimmer various colours on it's white plates, But while those who get entranced in it's beauty quickly find it a black pit of insanity as it changes before their eyes showing nothing but despair. Behind him is his cape long and billowing, each strand was made from his follwers their bodies compressed and reformed into thread and weaved into the cloak, one can easily hear the screams of fear and the yells of love for their master. In his sickly form all of his coughs expunge a burst of black smoke from the fuel of his dark soul and it's foul magic, if one was to look closely they could see the entangled souls within twisting for escape.

Personality: Kraid is cold an relentless with well polished gentleman qualities with heart aged back as far as the age when civilization was known to few. Appearing from no where (but one can only guess it to be some dark pit of fiends) he came forth his presence held such power the earth parted into a road in love with his currently untaited beauty, all who gazed his presence either bowed in his name or bowed in fear or knowledge who could only be their master as his body currently stock and well built passed through their towns with hordes of followers trailling behind him in his glory passing through towns conquering it with his presence. For those of stronger will fell at his blade or atleast the sight of it for his swordsmanship was so graceful a single slash would put any painting to shame. After his complete conquer he began to continue to dabble into arts of the dark beings and grew in power. As he did so leigons of men women and children sacrficed themselves to in honour of his name to fuel his dark arts as they grew more vast. Finally his once magnificent body fell from stature although no force on earth would allow it to turn into something truly vile it changed and mutated into that of demonic in essence. As this happend his insanity grew and grew as he saw deeper and deeper to true entropy until one night his cruelness and viscious mind grw greater then him and his left side of his body fought his right and they strangled the other to death not willing to even share his presence with himself.

Side: Evil

Weapon: Melee: Whip made out of many sacrfices forced into one living whip of dark ends that smells of death and blood as it drains from those it kills with it's spiked edges. Ranged: His dark energies that pusle from his soul.

List o' attributes
Strength 1
Speed 1
Constitution 1
Intelligence 5
Charisma 5

Skills: Magic and Tactics Fail: Unarmed

#44 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

Skykorean, continue you character, and I'll judge.

done. anything else?

#45 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

Guess everyone else thought that wasn't the best skill. They're more concerned with powerful guys, who can win any fight, rather than one who can talk himself out of every fight. ^_^

A desire to "win" is a pretty sucky reason to join an RP, to be honest. People should join an RP to have fun playing as the character they chose, not to win or anything. That's just lame, and leads to extreme god-moding and hoarding.

When I created Abraham Hunter, I mainly thought about what kind of a person someone with such a black and white world view and an extreme motivation to fight what he sees as "evil" would be in real life. In other words, not very charismatic (who would want to hang out with such a self-righteous dork) or intelligent (a refusal to see gray areas makes him pretty dumb), but driven enough to train himself to the extreme. I'm fully aware of his shortcomings, and expect an intelligent evil character to beat him fairly easily, if he doesn't get help from his smarter ally. I've never played a tank type of character before, so this should be fun.

As for his weird, over-the-top righteous quotes, think Minsc from Baldur's Gate. Abe is pretty much like him, only in modern settings.

#46 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

an intelligent evil character to beat him fairly easily

Prepare to be beaten...

#47 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

Great, now the most charismatic person is evil.

#48 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

Character: Lord

Name: Kraid

Appearance: He has a pale beauty to him that's taited by his sickly aura. His face is pale with features so light they are like a painting but this is turned demonic by the right side of his face which is plastered with daemonic parts like horns a scales of a shining gold. His left eye is pale and twinkles a soft grey but his right is a pitless hell of insanity with a faded purple pupil that emits an aura of purple light, with cracked flesh surrounding it but does nothing but make his demonic beauty more grand. His hair is short and black but illuminates with purple and green under diffrent lights. His hair while short and ridgid moves from time to time shifting it's place making it self look spiked or or well combed and at tmes even growing in length but normally staying in it's short soft state. His body shows obvious signs of past health and athletic prowess but that has withered down but his body reamains that of what seems to be pale perfection as it lightly glows purple. He wears a set of light armour it's plates look pearl-esque plates that shimmer various colours on it's white plates, But while those who get entranced in it's beauty quickly find it a black pit of insanity as it changes before their eyes showing nothing but despair. Behind him is his cape long and billowing, each strand was made from his follwers their bodies compressed and reformed into thread and weaved into the cloak, one can easily hear the screams of fear and the yells of love for their master. In his sickly form all of his coughs expunge a burst of black smoke from the fuel of his dark soul and it's foul magic, if one was to look closely they could see the entangled souls within twisting for escape.

Personality: Kraid is cold an relentless with well polished gentleman qualities with heart aged back as far as the age when civilization was known to few. Appearing from no where (but one can only guess it to be some dark pit of fiends) he came forth his presence held such power the earth parted into a road in love with his currently untaited beauty, all who gazed his presence either bowed in his name or bowed in fear or knowledge who could only be their master as his body currently stock and well built passed through their towns with hordes of followers trailling behind him in his glory passing through towns conquering it with his presence. For those of stronger will fell at his blade or atleast the sight of it for his swordsmanship was so graceful a single slash would put any painting to shame. After his complete conquer he began to continue to dabble into arts of the dark beings and grew in power. As he did so leigons of men women and children sacrficed themselves to in honour of his name to fuel his dark arts as they grew more vast. Finally his once magnificent body fell from stature although no force on earth would allow it to turn into something truly vile it changed and mutated into that of demonic in essence. As this happend his insanity grew and grew as he saw deeper and deeper to true entropy until one night his cruelness and viscious mind grw greater then him and his left side of his body fought his right and they strangled the other to death not willing to even share his presence with himself.

Side: Evil

Weapon: Melee: Whip made out of many sacrfices forced into one living whip of dark ends that smells of death and blood as it drains from those it kills with it's spiked edges. Ranged: His dark energies that pusle from his soul.

List o' attributes
Strength 1
Speed 1
Constitution 1
Intelligence 5
Charisma 5

Skills: Magic:Desire and Curses Fail: Unarmed

Magic as a whole, counts as one. As for skykorean, you seem to be fairly unintelligible in your character. Plot is not needed as well.

#49 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

Magic as a whole, counts as one. As for skykorean, you seem to be a fairly unintelligible in your character. Plot is not needed as well.

Wait a second so if I put in magic it means I can use any magic?

#50 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

Zreth, you can use any magic, but not overly powered such as poly-morph, black hole, instant kill, etc. However, you have another skill to pick right now.

#51 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Zreth, you can use any magic, but not overly powered such as poly-morph, black hole, instant kill, etc. However, you have another skill to pick right now.

Okay, Added and thanks for the tip really wanted add this one in but I thought magic would be more important.

#52 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Video games,Comics, World of Darkness, and still god...deal with it.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Magic as a whole, counts as one. As for skykorean, you seem to be fairly unintelligible in your character. Plot is not needed as well.

What do you mean unintelligible???

#53 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

I reviewed your character, and it did not follow my character sheet rules. Besides, it isn't too readable. Character needs much improvement, and as a result, will not play in my RP. I'm sorry if I'm too harsh and frank.

#54 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

I reviewed your character, and it did not follow my character sheet rules. Besides, it isn't too readable. Character needs much improvement, and as a result, will not play in my RP. I'm sorry if I'm too harsh and frank.

Is this me or skykorean?

#55 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

Is this me or skykorean?

Skykorean. Zreth, your character still can have one more skill.

#56 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

Skykorean. Zreth, your character still can have one more skill.

I thought we only got two skills?

#57 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

I thought we only got two skills?

Aura of command falls under magic. Both your listed "skills" are actually counting as one. So you still have one more skill, as your current skills are magic, and one more skill point.

#58 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

How about now?

#59 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

How about now?

Good! You're IN!

#60 skykorean

skykorean

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:06 AM

Nah thats ok, I totaly understand. Woldnt really be able to play anyways, gona be busy. its cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users