146 replies to this topic

#1 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

Near the end of our time, billions of souls have been counted an judged by the powers that could be. Your soul, along with a select few other souls have been judged fit for battle. Good, Evil, Order, and Chaos clash for the dominance of Earth and Existence. Your efforts would judge which power would rule all of reality

Character: (one adjective describing him/her/it)
Name:
Personality:
Side: (pick one, no neutrality)
Weapon: One melee (Sword, axe, baseball bat, 2x4, etc...) and one projectile (Revolver, pistol, crossbow, shotgun, etc.) I will be the judge on what weapons are overpowered
Abilities: Pick two good ones, and one bad one
Attributes: 1-5, 13 points to spend
1: Weak
2: Average
3: Above Average
4: Peak
5: Superhuman

List o' attributes
Strength (damage)
Speed (alacrity and dexterity)
Constitution (endurance)
Intelligence (higher levels allow magic)
Charisma (plot important)

Skills:
Unarmed
Melee
Shooting
Tactics
Pragmatism (useful for plot)
Magic (fireball, slow time, summon minion, nothing overpowered)
Trapping

#2 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

I'll start:

Character: Brute
Name:Giriat
Appearance: Dark skinned, rippling muscles, red stripe across face, bald
Personality: Brutish, savage, and relentless, he is not concerned on just rewards, but also a good fight. One of his goals is to slay the archangel Gabriel and consume his flesh. This would give him more strength to battle more enemies. If Evil takes over, he believes that humanity would become stronger and more able.
Side: Evil
Weapon: Melee-Tempered steel broadsword Projectile-crossbow
Abilities-Good: Unarmed, Tactics Bad: Trapping
Attributes: Strength-4 Speed-2 Constitution-3 Intelligence-2 Charisma-2

#3 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Character: Charismatic
Name: Jacques Von Domme
Appearance:
Posted Image
Personality:He is not people friendly. He believes as long as humanity is alive, than the Earth will never truly experience peace. He is a cynical man and many would consider him a certified a$$hole. He hates just about every aspect of humanity, ranging from their belief in a supreme power, and especially the fact they think they could go to Heaven when every single one of them poison the air, making it harder for all the creatures. He finds corporations are a big source of the problem, as is the government and organized religion. He is extremely outspoken about all of this, which usually ended up with him getting kicked out of places, and more than a few prison sentences. He finds Pai Mei hilarious.
Weapon: Melee-Steel Katana, and Ranged- 9mm Luger
Side: Chaos
Abilities: Good skills- Pragmatism and Tactics. Bad Skill- Unarmed.
Attributes: Charisma-4, Constitution-3, Strength-3, Speed-2, Intelligence-1

#4 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Very good Nova! All we need is a Good character and an Order character, and we will be off!

#5 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

Despite being a WIP (work in progress), I encourage more members.

#6 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:47 AM

OK, I'll give it a go. It remains to be seen how often I'll be able to update, but anyway.

Character: Heroic

Name: Abraham Hunter

Appearance: A tall, muscular man with tanned skin and brown hair. His high cheekbones and big nose form a powerful combination, though not a very attractive one. Dressed in simple farmer's clothing.

Personality: A selfless hero, Abraham is the epitome of all that is good and decent in this world. A bit naive and more than a little dumb, he grew up reading pulp stories in the style of Doc Savage, and was inspired to go on a mission to protect the weak. Though lacking in intelligence, Abraham is more devoted to his cause than anyone. He is quick to anger when his righteous views are challenged, and he has the strength to defend them. He is quite a good brawler.

Abraham loves nature. He lives the life of a ranger in the woods, hunting his own food and striving for harmony with nature. He resents big cities and their accumulated evil, which he feels is the reason the world is in its current state. Whenever he visits a city, he gets busy righting all wrongs he sees in them, making it quite a futile visit. Abe would prefer if the world returned to the blissful state it was in before civilization took over.

As a child, Abraham was abused physically by his father and sexually by his mother. Since he loved and adored his parents so much, he couldn't blame them for their actions. Instead, the evil that happened to him was, in his mind, caused by a heavy drinking, chain smoking, womanizing, mean-spirited hobgoblin called Bob. Bob is still in his company today, causing evil things to happen all around him. He is the only one who sees Bob, and he occasionally converses with the hobgoblin, who represents everything Abe hates.

Weapon: Melee - Hunting knife; Ranged - Hunting rifle

Side: Good

Abilities: Good - Unarmed, Trapping; Bad - Tactics

Attributes: Strength 4, Speed 4, Constitution 3, Intelligence 1 Charisma 1

#7 Hugo Fowl

Hugo Fowl

• Members
  • 7,162 posts
  • Interests:Discworld, Hellsing, Kingdom Hearts, writing, RP's, drama, etc.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Name: Adamaska

Appearance: Posted Image

Personality: Sardonic and sarcastic. Not your average, jaded old man.

Side: Order

Weapon: Smith and Wesson's finest handgun. Also, one walking stick with a hidden sword.

Abilities: Good abilities: Shooting, Tactics. Bad: Magic.

Attributes: Strength:2, Speed:4, Constitution:3, Intelligence:2, Charisma:2

Profile: Adamaska is a retired old soldier in Russia. But once, he was feared by another name during the Cold War. The *CENSORED*. Under this moniker, he fought for his country and its glorious vision of a World Order. A world where the squabbling would cease, and where action would be the byword. No more would the capitalists and politicians be in charge. It would be a paradise for those who dreamed of perfect order. But later on, he realized that such order was beyond the ken of human nature and in despair, he faked his death and fled to the wilderness. Where he has lived in hiding ever since.

#8 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

WOOO! We'll soon kick this off!

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Update:

Ill give this one a shot...sounds fun

Name: Leonardo Ramirez(Bet you were expecting Robert Remington :D )

Character:Efficient(Clever as backup word)

Appearance:Above average height, lean build, brown skin(brazillian-American).Short hair. Non-descript and pragmatic clothes(hoodie for hiding in a crowd, boots for a better kick, thick jacket to glance a blow,etc.) clothes, "nothing out of the ordinary"
Posted Image

Personality:Cold, quiet. Can be quite the friendly guy but tends to hide it, due to it being a hindrance to his "job". Having been raised as an assassian, and soldier not very tact in a conversation, though fairly up to date with pop culture: enjoys reading...prefers Tom Clancy novels and other non-fiction. Does what he has to do, and thats that. Has made some friends in and out of agency, these friends that are dear to him, he will defend.

Side: Good

Weapons:Melee: Large Kukri Blade (Having been trained to use many weapons over the years, this baby has taken a special place:Damn near unbreakable, small enough to be concealed yet deadly chopping and stabbing, can disarm and counter other weapons...thats just combat,truly a reliable multi-tool).
Projectile: Sawed-Off Shotgun(Double-Barreled) (Having to ditch most of his usual weapons after the "incident" he opted for something more common and concealable, with a better kick so as not to arouse too much suspicion yet reliable)

Skills:Good:Unarmed(knows several martial arts, capooera and escrima among others, and knows how to blend them well...if that somehow doesnt work, good old fighting dirty will be brougt into play),Tactics(can plot enemy movements, his movements and damn near all possibilities of a scenario in his head ).
Bad:Trapping:(Never been his style)
Attributes:
Strength:3
Speed:3
Constitution:3
Intelligence:3
Charisma:1

Profile(quick): Born to a "Marine" family, he was taught strictness. He was a troublemaker, but his father told him as long as he did the right thing it wasnt his problem. He worked hard to get into the corps, but his calling was elsewhere. He ended up in blackops doing special jobs(assasination,protection of important figures,etc.) The special training and equipment along with his natural instinincts and fathers regiment from his younger days made him one of the best...too good for the agency. He and his family end up on the run, after a botched job where some hesitation and unauthorized assistance towards an enemy non-combatant(due to his fathers words about doing the right thing) apparently cost the mission(on the contrary its that which allowed the job to be salvaged, but the fact it happened didnt go too well) ,made them think he could go rogue. A few fellow agents were sent to kill him...some having gained his trust declined...others did not. Surviving the attack he is doing his best to give the ones who tried to kill him hell, using the very skills and allies they gave him...

#10 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:13 PM

For KDW, You might need what side you are on(no neutral), bad at magic means that it WILL backfire, giving you damage, you need one melee weapon and one projectile weapon (ranged), and you need attributes. Higher intelligence allows, such as 3 and above, magic. Pragmatism and Charisma are plot important. After you are done, we'll kick this off in about 2-4 days. Get ready, since as game planner, I'll be the game master, albeit with self imposed rules:

1.) MOST IMPORTANT RULE: NO GOD-MODDING! We are not gods, yet the forces behind us are. There will be no Deus Ex Machina or ascension to godhood.

2.) I will give health statuses and deal with them with a modicum of reality. Example: Giriat fires an arrow at Abraham Hunter, dealing some damage. IF he pulls it out, he will have damage over posts as he is bleeding. Bullets can cause damage, yet are mostly immediate, with characters of level 3 in constitution able to shrug off 12 blows, average of 10, weak of 8, stronger of 14, and strongest of 18. Strength of blows are equal to level (e.g. 1 means 1, 2 means 2, etc.) Charisma gives the likelihood of favorable events with your faction, so a 3 can give a 70% chance of favorable event, 4-90%, and 5...don't ask. Constitution had the ability to mitigate some damage, depending on level. Intelligence can aid you in battle, plot, and enhance magic.

3.) No Auto-hitting.

4.) Any questions? PM me. I may even give you simulations to explain.

#11 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Is it okay if you elaborate on the story a bit?

#12 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

When will this likely kick off?

#13 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

Updated it, whatcha think?

Also, when you say magic will backfire, do you mean that in the story, Magic will be important/ necessarily all around.... or is it just for combat option?

#14 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

Is it okay if you elaborate on the story a bit?

Well, it may be somewhat generic, but as the end of our time approaches, our souls would be judged based on our deeds and lifestyles. Each faction chooses a soul from the masses to fight for their sides. Good, Evil, Order, and Chaos are clashing for domination. Your soul was selected along with a select few to clash for their dominance. Blending Legion, Primal Rage, Dante's Inferno, and a dash of Devil May Cry, I present to you, Armageddon engineers.

For Nova, anytime, but likely 2-4 days. As for KDW, it can damage you, combat wise, and plot wise. I will dictate the plot as GM.

#15 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

As for KDW, it can damage you, combat wise, and plot wise. I will dictate the plot as GM.

Hmm in that case...let me think it over a wee bit longer whether I want that for my fail then(sorry, I just finished RPing for Treacherous and AKUMA...on my toes)...also since Kinetic war is here, and KW is what I call him for short, maybe u can just call me Kev, or wolf...

#16 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

Hmm...let me think it over a wee bit longer whetehr I want that for my fail then...also since Kinetic war is here, and KW is what I call him for short, maybe u can just call me Kev, or wolf...

OK. Remember all who would partake, I will set up the RP, but give everyone else as much time to prepare.

#17 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

Setting up Official RP, but the action won't come until everyone is ready.

#18 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Hmm, ok correct me if Im wrong but I believe so far we basically have:

A Barbarian
A douchebag whos good at killing
A "good ol' country boy"
...Revolver Ocelot :D
...and... Jason Bourne :angry:

#19 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

A Barbarian
A "good ol' country boy"
...Revolver Ocelot :D
...and... Jason Bourne :angry:

Well, my character is essentially a Black Kratos, from God of War. I did that, since I wanted to blend him with Shaka Zulu. I was also surprised to find out that Kratos' voice actor is African American.

#20 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:25 AM

A Barbarian
A "good ol' country boy"